• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Mexican Attorney General Contact

Paco36

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito, Grand Mayan
I received a call on Dec. 8 with a followup email attaching a pdf of an Engagement Letter, apparently on Secretaria de Turismo letterhead from the caller, Lic. Nubia Denisse Gonzalez Lopez, to authorize her "to accept the appointment for an interagency horizontal examination of transactions associated with the foreign vacation ownership that you own." The letter offers to "conduct an assessment" of institutions, entities, and individuals...establish a legal procedure to resolve any deficiencies...unsafe or unsound illicit acts taken against you..." at all no cost to me. I would receive 82% of whatever proceeds the government collects.
I receive daily phone calls from scammers but have never turned over any money, documents, or financial information. I don't think I've been bilked. So far as I can tell, I still have the right to use my unit at the Grand Mayan or other Vidanta properties and have not been charged anything since I bought it 4 years ago. (Nor have used or exchanged it.)
Should I trust this letter?
Do I have anything to gain by signing it?
Has anyone had a similar contact from SECTUR?

I also got the same call and letter from Nubia.

Previously I had been contacted by a different bunch offering to buy my time share

Got a call from Ralph Marsini (he is from J & B international) saying that he had a buyer for my time share in Cabo. He sent me a purchase contract. Told me that someone from the resort would call me and verify that I wanted to sell. Sure enough Someone named Miranda Pina supposedly from Pueblo Bonito (my resort) called. She said there would be a fee to do a release for the contract. She asked me to wire money. However the money did not go directly to the resort, it went to a third party. They also wanted me to pay a capital gains tax to the Mexican tax agency. Again the payment was going to a 3rd party. I told them I was not going to send money to a 3rd party. Mr. Marsini got real upset and said I was breaching my contract and the he would sue me.

Nothing has come of it.

Ralph Marsini
Email: closing@jandbinternational.com

ralphmarsini@jandbinternational.com

Tel: 1 (720) 792 0285

Address: 410 17th St., Denver, CO 80202- Center City

Web: www.jandbinternational.com

Miranda Pina

CORPORATE SERVICES

(contact@pueblobonitogroup.com)

Av. Ernesto Coppel

Campaña S/N, Zona
Nuevo Mazatlán,
Mazatlán Sin, 82110

Tel: 1 (888) 391 6530 - 52 (669) 259 0140

Miranda Pina does not work for Pueblo Bonito

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
RE: Lic. J. Manuel Sánchez Ramírez.
If you look up Señor Ramírez on Linkedin, his bio says he is Titular de Unidad de Transparencia at the Banco de Mexico and has been so since August 2018. If you go to https://www.banxico.org.mx/apps/facultados/arbol/arbol-servidores-facultados.html
at the Banco de Mexico, you will see that the holder of that office since 1 June 2020 has been Claudia Tapia Rangel.

Paco36

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito, Grand Mayan
I received a call on Dec. 8 with a followup email attaching a pdf of an Engagement Letter, apparently on Secretaria de Turismo letterhead from the caller, Lic. Nubia Denisse Gonzalez Lopez, to authorize her "to accept the appointment for an interagency horizontal examination of transactions associated with the foreign vacation ownership that you own." The letter offers to "conduct an assessment" of institutions, entities, and individuals...establish a legal procedure to resolve any deficiencies...unsafe or unsound illicit acts taken against you..." at all no cost to me. I would receive 82% of whatever proceeds the government collects.
I receive daily phone calls from scammers but have never turned over any money, documents, or financial information. I don't think I've been bilked. So far as I can tell, I still have the right to use my unit at the Grand Mayan or other Vidanta properties and have not been charged anything since I bought it 4 years ago. (Nor have used or exchanged it.)
Should I trust this letter?
Do I have anything to gain by signing it?
Has anyone had a similar contact from SECTUR?

They copy the letterhead so it looks official.
The email comes from sectur-gob.com.mx
This is a site they created to receive e-mail
the real website from the Secretaria de Turismo de Mexico es sectur.gob.mx

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Anyone offering more for less, or something for nothing, or something not asked for, is usually a scam. If you didn't initiate contact through reputable sources and receive an offer know that it is likely a scam. If you take the offer knowing the above you have no one but your self to blame for the outcome.

Bill

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Here (attached) are the 2 forms I received from these folks today...soliciting information. I will not be completing these forms.

Attachments

• Application for Foreigner Account Activation .pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IDENTIFICACIONES.pdf
    682.9 KB · Views: 34

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here (attached) are the 2 forms I received from these folks today...soliciting information. I will not be completing these forms.

LMAO. All the personally identifiable information they could ever need, plus your bank routing and account number. Amazing.

beckywsrba

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cancun & Loreto - Villa del Palmar
Heads Up ! We were recently contacted, May 7, 2021, by: Lic. Mauro Martinez Vazquez with a variation of the same scheme. "Please fill in the forms attached" which were the very same forms as posted by merkfritz earlier in this thread. So the scam is alive and well in the scammer world. There are probably many appealing offers to this scam but they all begin the same way - - A cold call from someone you never hear of....and never want to hear from again.
:wave:
The scam is still alive. We are going through the exact same thing. I talked with the Efrain Lopez Rodriquez assistant to Attorney General and Gerardo Mauricio Vazquez de la Rosa at the Banco de Mexico. The lawyer I am currently speaking is Lic. Guillermo Miranda Reynoso, Dirección de Verificación, with the same address and phone number as Efrain. Today Guillermo said he could get a diversion which would knock the taxes down by $2,100. These people are so convincing. I feel sad that I was duped into this scam. No money has left our hands.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
The scam is still alive. We are going through the exact same thing. I talked with the Efrain Lopez Rodriquez assistant to Attorney General and Gerardo Mauricio Vazquez de la Rosa at the Banco de Mexico. The lawyer I am currently speaking is Lic. Guillermo Miranda Reynoso, Dirección de Verificación, with the same address and phone number as Efrain. Today Guillermo said he could get a diversion which would knock the taxes down by $2,100. These people are so convincing. I feel sad that I was duped into this scam. No money has left our hands.

If no money has left your hands, then you haven't been duped!