• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Global Liquidity Services

dam

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of/dealt with the subject company. They are located in Lafayette, Louisiana and provide timeshare sales and rental services. They have a web site but are not registered with BBB and no information found by internet search. Trying to determine if they are legitimate and reputable company. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of/dealt with the subject company. They are located in Lafayette, Louisiana and provide timeshare sales and rental services. They have a web site but are not registered with BBB and no information found by internet search. Trying to determine if they are legitimate and reputable company. Any assistance would be appreciated.

How did you hear of them. Did they cold call you? If so, what were the terms of the conversation? Did you look up their url on whois to see how long ago it was registered?

dam

Reaction score
Global Liquidity Services

They contacted my wife and I by phone to see if we were interested in renting out any of our residence weeks at the Grand Luxxe, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. If so, we would need to sign a letter of intent to rent and then consider a rental contract that they would forward to us for review. I have found the web url on "whois" but it doesn't tell me very much.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
They contacted my wife and I by phone to see if we were interested in renting out any of our residence weeks at the Grand Luxxe, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. If so, we would need to sign a letter of intent to rent and then consider a rental contract that they would forward to us for review. I have found the web url on "whois" but it doesn't tell me very much.

Can you PM me the url?

dam

Reaction score

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
the website was registered in June. Their website is pretty slick looking, but I like to see sites where the principals identify themselves with a photo, name, and their experience. The very novelty of the registration date would be enough for me to disengage with them.

I'm not feeling this. You can ask to see the contract before you sign a letter of intent. If they won't let you see it, it's a scam and they'll use the LOI to try to intimidate you into paying their upfront fees. If they will let you see it, bear in mind that by their nature, scammers don't comply with contracts anyway. They will eventually ask you for some sort of fee up front for one excuse or another, and if you hear from them again after that, it will be under the guise of a different company offering to assist you in getting your money back. Another upfront cost lost.

Ask yourself how they knew what timeshare you have (if they knew), and what made you the lucky special person they called with this wonderful offer.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
They contacted my wife and I by phone...

That's usually the first sign of a scam, especially if you didn't even have your week(s) advertised for rent (or sale). The next sign would be an offer to rent or sell your week for far above market value. Keep in mind that the rental market for Mexico is flooded and cheap deals for renters are a dime a dozen. So if these people are telling you that they can magically rent out your week for mega-bucks, then you are looking at a scam.

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
GLS Scam

Wish I had seen this before I foolishly agreed to signing a contract with this company. Orginal contract for purchase of our timeshare looked good, figured after what they quoted as commission would come out ahead. then they wanted money up front for title transfer commission, & tax this came from company (escrow) called White Valley Holdings with request for wire transfer of money to Mexico bank Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score