• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lardan

Reaction score
First, I joined today. I think I messed it up, I'll call tomorrow to get it straightened out unless a moderator can help me today.

Anyway I'm glad to join, I don't do things like this on a whim. I do have a couple of questions I would appreciate help or opinions on.

I have never not used a Marriott week. If one doesn't use a week how do you "banK" it. Is it with II? Are there any fees involved?

Vacation planning for 2012 is done all except something over the kids Thanksgiving or Christmas break My question concerns June 2013. We are thinking about trading both our Marriotts for non-Marriotts. I would appreciate opinions on the possibilty of these trades:

-Marriott Cypress Harbour for Sheraton Vistana Villages

-Marriott Ocena Point 2br for Starwood Harborside at Atlantis

This would great for us because next year we'll have enough credit card points for the airfare for five from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau.

I was talking to a friend last night and we both agree it is only a matter of time before these rebate points on credit cards will become taxable.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert in any way in trading into the starwood properties but my understanding of the Atlantis resort is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for non starwood owners to get that resort for anything larger than a ever so rare one bedroom -- and it is rare anything makes it past the priority period starwood owners get. You will see lots of sightings for that resort in the sightings board but you will also find lots of posts from non-owners following those depostis and never getting one becuse they get taken by starwood owners.

I won't say your Atlantis resort will not come through but you should have a serious back-up plan. Maybe a Marriott owner will chime in to say they got a trade exactly like you want but that would really surprise me.

When you are looking for a holiday week for the Atlantis resort to boot, I think you are setting yourself up for disapointment in the exchange department.

There are no fees to deposit your week in II, outside of the yearly membership cost. II will tell you to get the best trade power deposit early and I think this is truth, especially if you own an inland resort like at Orlando. If you happen to own a prime beach week, I do not think your trading power will change if you deposit a year in advance or three months in advance.

Kind of a pain Marriott will not allow you to bank your week one year and get two weeks the following year. For most marriott to marriott exchanges you should be in good shape using II. The only exceptions are summer beach weeks in the Carolinas and I guess the island resorts are a tough exchange.

Good luck, but seriously, have a back-up plan for the Atlantis exchange. It is nearly impossible for non starwood owners to get prime weeks in that system, much more impossible than for non marriott owners to get good weeks.

First, I joined today. I think I messed it up, I'll call tomorrow to get it straightened out unless a moderator can help me today.

Anyway I'm glad to join, I don't do things like this on a whim. I do have a couple of questions I would appreciate help or opinions on.

I have never not used a Marriott week. If one doesn't use a week how do you "banK" it. Is it with II? Are there any fees involved?

Vacation planning for 2012 is done all except something over the kids Thanksgiving or Christmas break My question concerns June 2013. We are thinking about trading both our Marriotts for non-Marriotts. I would appreciate opinions on the possibilty of these trades:

This would great for us because next year we'll have enough credit card points for the airfare for five from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau.

I was talking to a friend last night and we both agree it is only a matter of time before these rebate points on credit cards will become taxable.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

As far as using II is concerned - this is where I started - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74057

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)

That's what I was told on Friday, by a Marriott Owners Service Rep. Deposit my 2012 Shadow Ridge week into II and then book/reserve a week for later THIS YEAR (probably not phrasing this correctly). Then I have 2-weeks to use it, by making a reservation at a Marriott or other TS that we will stay at. Couldn't this be called banking my 2012 week? :shrug: