• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] W. 57th - 3 in a studio?

thinkoflaura

Reaction score
We're thinking of using points to book a studio at W. 57th for 4 nights -- we are 1 adult and 1 child. there's a chance my husband will be able to meet up with us for 1 or 2 nights.

how strict are they about the "maximum occupancy = 2" thing? we'd be fine in one bed (it's a king, and at home, our 6 year old sometimes crashes w/us in our queen...)

would love to hear your experiences or advice.

thx

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are not that strict.
Once I stayed in 1BR with hubby and three kids (two are teenagers).
Youngest one was sleeping with me and two older ones were sleeping on sofa bed. Master bed is a king size, so it was ok.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We're thinking of using points to book a studio at W. 57th for 4 nights...
How strict are they about the "maximum occupancy = 2" thing?

Just sneek him up the back stairs when no one's looking. <kidding>
As long as you don't make a nuisance of yourselves, you'll be fine.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Just be sure to say the correct number (2) if anyone asks.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
I have no experience with this specific location but I have had trouble in the past. We are a family of 5. The first time it was due to our oversight. The kids were very little. Baby was maybe 3 months. Daughter was 22 months and son had just turned 4 so we never thought of getting a second room so upon check in all 5 of us were there and they originally weren't going to let us check in but I told them that my sister was picking the baby up. The other time we knew going in the max was 4 but it was a few months after the first and it was insane for us to upgrade to a 2 BR for someone that weighed 15 lbs! Hubby checked in by himself but we asked the concierge to get us car service and dinner reservations and somehow he spoke to the front desk and she said no they can't have 5 they are in a studio. We told them that one of the kids wasn't ours but he was coming to dinner with us. Moral of story just be aware.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Moral of the Story: If you're gonna violate "the rules," don't rub it in their face.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was there a couple of years ago, there was a glass wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. There was a screen on a track that could be moved to mostly cover the glass, but it is controlled outside of the bath so you may be embarrassed if your family isn't used to seeing each other showering or using the facilities.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't

I just returned from W 57th and I would advise against it. The rooms are tiny (typical in NYC) so you will be cramped. Additionally there is no sleeper sofa or any sofa so your child will have sleep in your bed. The lobby is very small and the front desk staff is minimal so they get to know you by name, could be akward. Lastly, if you return after 11pm (easy to do in NYC) a security guard will ask for your name and room number. If he sees 3 people going into a studo he may get suspecious.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Revisit for recent experiences

In the future, we will likely want to bring my brother's family with us on a trip. They have a 10-year-old daughter. Will it work to get two studios- one for us, one for them, or are we likely to have problems?

I just want to see what may have changed on this front in the last couple of years.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the future, we will likely want to bring my brother's family with us on a trip. They have a 10-year-old daughter. Will it work to get two studios- one for us, one for them, or are we likely to have problems?

I just want to see what may have changed on this front in the last couple of years.

Cheers.

Just wanted to check back and see if anyone had recent experiences with this.

Cheers.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Moral of the Story: If you're gonna violate "the rules," don't rub it in their face.
Huh-Oh, if we're going to sneak 3 people into a 2 person room, we better not talk about morals - :rofl:

Just kidding, I couldn't pass up the humor (play on words) :hysterical:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh-Oh, if we're going to sneak 3 people into a 2 person room, we better not talk about morals - :rofl:

Just kidding, I couldn't pass up the humor (play on words) :hysterical:

Although, even playfully this wouldn't be strictly correct. This is a question, really, of ethics as opposed to morals...but it is a fine line :)

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Cheers.

Well, the reservation is booked for Labor Day weekend, so we'll see how it goes. I was going to try and get a Studio for the two of us and a 1 Bedroom for the 3 of them, but no variants of the 1BD had all night available. so I got a Studio. I will keep looking to see if a 1BD opens up but, if not, we'll see how well this works :)

With an 11-year-old, the returns after 11PM (when they check names at the door) will be unlikely for them. The lounge in the morning usually has a check, but they seem less strict.

Cheers.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
Well, the reservation is booked for Labor Day weekend, so we'll see how it goes. I was going to try and get a Studio for the two of us and a 1 Bedroom for the 3 of them, but no variants of the 1BD had all night available. so I got a Studio. I will keep looking to see if a 1BD opens up but, if not, we'll see how well this works :)

With an 11-year-old, the returns after 11PM (when they check names at the door) will be unlikely for them. The lounge in the morning usually has a check, but they seem less strict.

Cheers.

I might be there Labor Day weekend as well.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club

Cheers.

My daughter and I stayed there in late October and no one ever checked our names at the door. We came back late a number of times.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter and I stayed there in late October and no one ever checked our names at the door. We came back late a number of times.

When we've come back in the midnight timeframe there has been a person at the door. Could be a hit or miss sort of thing. But won't be an issue this time.

We're going there in May (just the two of us) with some late night plans at Birdland, so we'll find out anew :)

Cheers.