• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Purchase to Rent through Extra Holidays Program

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Capital appreciation of a timeshare? Purchased from the developer? I'm willing to bet that you could wait until the heat death of the Universe, and you still won't see that.

I think it is fair to assume that rents will increase. Will they increase faster than MFs? Maybe, maybe not. If you are sure they will, you must know something I don't.

So who pays those? Your estate? The maintenance fee fairy?

You are spending a non-trivial amount of money on this venture. I hope it works out for you. This is not the avenue I would pursue to invest for my children and grandchildren, but what do I know? Apparently, not much.

Hmm, I think my parents's estate attorney should have been canned, never brought up timeshares. Though my kids/grandkids will be happier with our results with traditional and generation skipping trust funded with non-timeshare assets.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think my parents's estate attorney should have been canned, never brought up timeshares. Though my kids/grandkids will be happier with our results with traditional and generation skipping trust funded with non-timeshare assets.

Always remember someone wakes up every morning being the worst person in the world at their respective profession. Just hope that person is never your Surgeon\Lawyer\accountant...

Jason

ron3632

Reaction score
ron roberts

Shawnee Village Sales Pitch Now includes:

1. Desgination of personal "Member Services Representive.

2. He showed me an impressivive book on how this position and him (he is one of two that were desginated) have early information and direct sales channels for rentals to conventions etc.

3. He gets a 10 percent rental, the Extra Holiday rental rate is 30 percent on all rental generated through him.

4. This feature goes with the purchase of Club Wyndham Access Contract.

Ron Roberts, Member Services Representative, Shawanee Village, is my primarily rep and John Duke is my second one for this new fee for service program.

If this program is real, this very may well be why some reports of not being able to get ARP availability for high demand weeks are happening. The designated Member Services Representative program for Access Members may be getting them. Extra Hoidays pays the Sales Representative 10 percent to get the High Demand Periods from Access Owners with their extensive ARP rights, could get rid of the good weeks through ARP to Extra Holidays, quick fast and in a hurry. According to the Sales Rep, Shawnee Village is one of four Wyndham sales locations that have been designated by Wyndham to run this program.

When I met Mr and Mrs Longwell he had just under 1 million points. He stated he runs a rental business. I told him your 84000 pts short of platinum. I had a small deal put together with 86000 points and told him he would get 214,000 "Low to Go" bonus points for 2 years. It would have given him 1,002,000. I was helping Johnnie Duke as he was new to wyndham. It was his client. I got up to help another salesman as I was a senior rep and all John had to do was sit with him through paperwork. John decides to sell him on 84.000 points which only came with 84k bonus points. It was less expensive and still equaled 1 mil points exactly. WHEN I said good bye to the Longwells they were happy. I didn't have any idea he bought a different set of points. They called later in the week when they were back home and complained. He was very agitated he didn't have all the bonus points I told him about. I didn't have anything to do with changing the point totals in the contract. Since then Robert Longwell has tried to make it his personal vendetta to soil my name in print. I never said I'd be his personal agent or that I received any cut from EH. He goes into the same resorts every year and wastes the time of almost all the reps he comes in contact with. After me and Johnnie sold him multiple reps came up to me and said good luck. Your going to live with that sale forever.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Believe me - we know...

lcml11

Reaction score
When I met Mr and Mrs Longwell he had just under 1 million points. He stated he runs a rental business. I told him your 84000 pts short of platinum. I had a small deal put together with 86000 points and told him he would get 214,000 "Low to Go" bonus points for 2 years. It would have given him 1,002,000. I was helping Johnnie Duke as he was new to wyndham. It was his client. I got up to help another salesman as I was a senior rep and all John had to do was sit with him through paperwork. John decides to sell him on 84.000 points which only came with 84k bonus points. It was less expensive and still equaled 1 mil points exactly. WHEN I said good bye to the Longwells they were happy. I didn't have any idea he bought a different set of points. They called later in the week when they were back home and complained. He was very agitated he didn't have all the bonus points I told him about. I didn't have anything to do with changing the point totals in the contract. Since then Robert Longwell has tried to make it his personal vendetta to soil my name in print. I never said I'd be his personal agent or that I received any cut from EH. He goes into the same resorts every year and wastes the time of almost all the reps he comes in contact with. After me and Johnnie sold him multiple reps came up to me and said good luck. Your going to live with that sale forever.

The statements you made are not an accurate reflection of what happened. Are you still with Wyndham Sales? If so, I hope you are doing well.

The following is what is currently showing from your other post.

"ron3632

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 29, 14

[deleted]
[Soliciting is not permitted on TUG, and can get you banned.]
Last edited by DeniseM; October 30, 2014 at 12:08 AM.
ron3632 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message"

Update:

Paul at Shawnee Village Sales advises you had left them and transferred to Atlantic City then latter retired from Wyndham and are now in business. Just wanted to clarify the point. Again, wish you well in your current pursuits.

P.S. I am requesting that you cease and desist from using information gained through your employment with Wyndham and posting it to this or any other site. This would included information you indicated was gained through your employment and if you do not comply, at least get your facts right. If, as some posters believe, Wyndham monitors this site, hopefully they will review their policies and practices for compliance on the use of company related information by former employees. Also, you might want to re-review the sales related documents and you will find a reference to and/or the letter that was described in earlier posts.

P.P.S. Oh, by the way, thank you for confirming that I did not get all of the bonus points you promised when you were an active Wyndham Employee.

For others: Take a peak at posts 18 and 47 and I guess the moral of the story is not to tell Wyndham Sales anything that you do not want to show up on the Internet at some point in time in the future. I have had over one Million Points and have been Platinum well before the meeting with Mr. Ron Roberts. The differences in Mr. Roberts counting of my points and the actual is the Sales Position at Shawnee Village is probably their articulated belief that they are able to take my Towers on the Grove Contract from me if I do not buy a new contract. This issue is not a particularly new one to me.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
If you have had a chance to review the sales documents, it would be nice if you posted a statement that what you said is not accurate.

By the way, I am very very very impressed. After all of these years, my on-line access account went poof, I could no longer access it. Wyndham Owner Care could not either. They assisted me in establishing a new on line account which then migrated the old data into it and restored my account.

Congratulations to the parties for a job well done for those who restored my on-line access and a tip of the hat to those who caused it to happen.

Last edited: