• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Rental company [Stay PC]

4Reliefnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
STAYPC can call me anytime

STAYPC has a nice business model. They attract vacation renters with their website, advertising, referrals and return guests. They often get a caller looking for a resort for a specific week or time period that they do not have in inventory. StayPC uses Redweek.com as extended rental inventory if they need a week and someone has it available, they just contact the owner.

I got that contact email on Saturday and I was on vacation at Oceana Palms ready to check-out and fly home. I talked with the agent on the phone and confirmed the terms and price, completed the paperwork on the PC in the lobby, received payment by PayPal and had a new confirmation with the guest name completed before I boarded my flight home.

This was a great transaction. StayPC makes a profit renting out my weeks. That sounds good to me; I make a profit, I rent my week, StayPC makes a profit, they contact me again for another week next season.

:banana:

byebye

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no problem with StayPC

I just want to give Stay PC a shout out. I received a call from them late one night and I thought they were a scam. I contacted this site the next day and everyone said they were legit. I tried them out and everything went perfect and I only had about 2 weeks before my rental expired! I want to say thanks to this site, the members and Stay PC. And I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to give Stay PC a shout out. I received a call from them late one night and I thought they were a scam. I contacted this site the next day and everyone said they were legit. I tried them out and everything went perfect and I only had about 2 weeks before my rental expired! I want to say thanks to this site, the members and Stay PC. And I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Very nice that it was secured at the last minute. I'm sure it was through a Redweek ad too. That is a combo that was worked for me many times.

lvillamil

Reaction score
Great experience w/StayPC

I listed our 3 bedrooms ocean front unit @ the Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Lahaina Villas on Redweeks.com and was contacted by StayPC. One of their guests was interested in our unit and offered to pay the full amount via PayPal as soon as I filled out and return the online contract they provided. I have kept in touch with multiple agents @ StayPC and every one of them were very courteous & helpful. The whole transaction was very smooth and pleasant! Our rental just ended 2 days ago and tonight I received an email from them as a follow up to let me know that everything went well with their guests. I am very pleased with their professional service to me, and I'm sure to their guests as well.:clap:

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does the rental process work with StayPC? Do they take a percent or is it a flat fee? I have a 2 Bedroom platinum week at Aruba Surf Club. Also, are the studios difficult to rent?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the reviews on StayPC - they contacted me about a SVO RedWeek rental I had. Seems very professional.

btw… that whole paying taxes on a rental (when not in the rental business) and MF abandonment is a terrible and misguided analogy. Typical...

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Comparison

Can anyone that has used StayPC comment on the anticipated profit when a) renting yourself on Red Week b) using Stay PC to rent it c) allowing Marriott to rent it for you ? My ownership includes Ocean Pointe, Beach Place Towers, Grand Chateau and Desert Springs 1....all Platinum 2 BR with lock off. (Desert Springs calls is a Red Week) Please base it on a prime week like 52 or Presidents week, versus another prime booking, such as a couple of weeks after Presidents week. Thanks in advance.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Another thumbs-up for Stay PC. They have rented my Marriott Frenchman's Cove. It was an easy, fair transaction for everyone.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Can anyone that has used StayPC comment on the anticipated profit when a) renting yourself on Red Week b) using Stay PC to rent it c) allowing Marriott to rent it for you ? My ownership includes Ocean Pointe, Beach Place Towers, Grand Chateau and Desert Springs 1....all Platinum 2 BR with lock off. (Desert Springs calls is a Red Week) Please base it on a prime week like 52 or Presidents week, versus another prime booking, such as a couple of weeks after Presidents week. Thanks in advance.

Even without playing the rental game I would think that of the options you listed here, renting through Marriott's Rental Program will most likely be the least advantageous option for Owners. It used to be that all Weeks were eligible and Marriott paid Owners a flat percentage of however much they charged for a rental. Now Marriott decides on a case-by-case basis whether they want a Week for the program, and the amount they reimburse an Owner is ridiculously low.

It's practically a guarantee that Owners will do better renting through any of the established private rental sites - especially for the highest-demand/holiday Weeks that you're talking about.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
In my case I put a 3 BR Platinum Plus Frenchman's Cove Christmas week on Redweek for $4800 a few years ago after Marriott offered me $600 (yeah there's one born every minute). Stay PC offered me full price. That was the first time I rented it. PC has contacted me a couple times since but we were using it ourselves or had already rented it to
someone else. Concierge Realty has also rented from me a couple times. You can't be too greedy, though. There has to be some play on your price so they can make some money rerenting it.

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by StayPC yesterday about a 2015 mountainside ski week that I have listed for rental on redweek. We were all set to proceed, but when I told them that my practice is not to disclose my Marriott confirmation number until after I have received payment, they then declined to proceed.

In the past, this has never been an issue for me. I even volunteered to do a three way conference call with Marriott to confirm that I have reserved the unit that is listed for rent. I have occasionally done that over the years when others have requested evidence that I in fact have the reservation that I am seeking to rent, which has allowed me to provide the requested evidence without disclosing my confirmation number.

I have always been concerned that if I disclose my confirmation number prior to receipt of payment, that the renter could modify or cancel the reservation without my consent, which is why I don't release the confirmation number until after I have received payment.

So my question is, how have others handled this, especially with StayPC? And have I been overly paranoid all these years? This is the first time I have lost a rental over this issue, and I have been renting my units for the last 6 or 7 years.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
StayPC is 100% reliable - they are very conscientious, and they verify all reservations before they proceed with a rental. I would not hesitate to send them the original confirmation so they can verify it.

I also would not expect a renter to pay without receiving a confirmation in their name first.

BTW - did you know that you can delete your member number before you forward the confirmation email to them? Just open the confirm email, click forward, highlight your member number, and delete it - then go ahead and forward it.

Also - it takes a lot more than the member number to make changes in your Acct. They would have to have your contact info., and the answers to your security questions, to access your acct.

Last edited:

Docklander

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by StayPC yesterday about a 2015 mountainside ski week that I have listed for rental on redweek. We were all set to proceed, but when I told them that my practice is not to disclose my Marriott confirmation number until after I have received payment, they then declined to proceed.

In the past, this has never been an issue for me. I even volunteered to do a three way conference call with Marriott to confirm that I have reserved the unit that is listed for rent. I have occasionally done that over the years when others have requested evidence that I in fact have the reservation that I am seeking to rent, which has allowed me to provide the requested evidence without disclosing my confirmation number.

I have always been concerned that if I disclose my confirmation number prior to receipt of payment, that the renter could modify or cancel the reservation without my consent, which is way I don't release the confirmation number until after I have received payment.

So my question is, how have others handled this, especially with StayPC? And have I been overly paranoid all these years? This is the first time I have lost a rental over this issue, and I have been renting my units for the last 6 or 7 years.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

We've rented units to StayPC before and we gave them the confirmation numbers in advance (we always do this as it gives our renters a bit more confidence). We haven't had issues so far (8years) but each person has different risk profiles so what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the other. I don't see why you should do anything you're not comfortable with if your usual policies haven't got in the way of rentals before.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I trust STAYPC totally. It was one of the easiest transactions I've ever had and would certainly give my Res# in order to do business with them again.

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW - did you know that you can delete your member number before you forward the confirmation email to them? Just open the confirm email, click forward, highlight your member number, and delete it - then go ahead and forward it.

Also - it takes a lot more than the member number to make changes in your Acct. They would have to have your contact info., and the answers to your security questions, to access your acct.

I did send them the confirmation email, minus the conf #, but that wasn't sufficient.

I believe a reservation can be cancelled online with just the conf # (not going to get into how one would go about doing that, suffice it to say I have done this myself- to my own reservation, of course).

Based on feedback here, though, I will perhaps reconsider my reluctance to providing conf # in advance, in the future.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I didn't suggest removing the confirmation number - I said you could remove your "owner number."

How can they log into your Acct. without your password? My guess is that when you log into to your own Marriott Acct. your password automatically populates.

I would not hesitate to give them the entire confirmation - I have done so many times. They are completely reliable.

*I'm curious - please click on my blue user name and send me a message about how you can cancel a Marriott reservation without the owner's password.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... I believe a reservation can be cancelled online with just the conf # (not going to get into how one would go about doing that, suffice it to say I have done this myself- to my own reservation, of course). ...

... *I'm curious - please click on my blue user name and send me a message about how you can cancel a Marriott reservation without the owner's password.

I'm curious, too, especially if it can happen without your password field being auto-populated. While/if you're explaining it to Denise, would you also consider sending a message to Marriott Rewards - internet.customer.care~AT~marriott.com - if it's a function of your MR account and/or Owner Services - customer.care~AT~vacationclub.com - if it's a function of your my-vacationclub.com account? I would if I knew how it can be done because it's a pretty significant security breach.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update - I just tried canceling a Marriott confirmation - I clicked the "cancel" link on the confirmation, and it did take me to the Marriott webpage, but then I had to log in with a password to proceed. My guess is that the OP's password automatically populates at that point.

BTW - you can delete that link from your confirmation before you send it to your guest.

Last edited: