• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] How Does Florida Club Work?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure the difference is $45. You can't really rely on the information that a seller may provide as to how much the MFs are. You need to actually look at the operating budget. All owners at all properties pay an "Owner Services Fee". This fee in 2017 was $41.11. Owners in the Florida Club also pay a "Club Fee" of $4. These two fees are separate on the Operating Budget. However, when they send out the MF bills, they list the two fees combined as one total as "Florida Club Fee" in the amount of $45.11. Grande Vista Owners not in the Florida Club or those at resorts outside of the Club may not even see this fee listed separately on their bill, it is baked in to the "Operating Fee".
Mmm... The listing was provided by Marriott (the seller), with a difference of $45 in MF/fees between the the 2 weeks - one in the Florida Club and the other not.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mmm... The listing was provided by Marriott (the seller), with a difference of $45 in MF/fees between the the 2 weeks - one in the Florida Club and the other not.

Dioxide is right. The "Florida Club Fee" of $45.11 is broken down between the actual Florida Club fee of $4.00 and the Owner Services Fee of $41.11. I am surprised though if non-FC units do not have the line item. If it is buried in the Operating Fee that means it would be a higher Operating Fee vs FC units. I have some non-FC units but I did not have them back when the bills same out so I do not have a bill to compare to the FC units.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide is right. The "Florida Club Fee" of $45.11 is broken down between the actual Florida Club fee of $4.00 and the Owner Services Fee of $41.11. I am surprised though if non-FC units do not have the line item. If it is buried in the Operating Fee that means it would be a higher Operating Fee vs FC units. I have some non-FC units but I did not have them back when the bills same out so I do not have a bill to compare to the FC units.
So is the difference in total fees (MF, FC fees, etc. etc.) $45 or $4? Marriott presented it to me as a difference of $45.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is the difference in total fees (MF, FC fees, etc. etc.) $45 or $4? Marriott presented it to me as a difference of $45.

I thought it was $4 but now I am thinking it might be the full $45.11. None of my other non-FC properties have this owner services fee in the budget. It appears that this line item is above and beyond for just FC units. All we need is a non-FC GV invoice to be sure but that is what it looks like.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was $4 but now I am thinking it might be the full $45.11. None of my other non-FC properties have this owner services fee in the budget. It appears that this line item is above and beyond for just FC units. All we need is a non-FC GV invoice to be sure but that is what it looks like.
We had initially bought the GV with FC, pending paperwork. When we went back a couple of days ago, there was a GV without a FC but it was just taken by another buyer. If that buyer rescinds, we have first dibbs on it next week. If so, we will be able to tell what the difference is.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had initially bought the GV with FC, pending paperwork. When we went back a couple of days ago, there was a GV without a FC but it was just taken by another buyer. If that buyer rescinds, we have first dibbs on it next week. If so, we will be able to tell what the difference is.

If you don't mind my asking why are you buying a GV unit through Marriott? Are you buying a hybrid package?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I might be the odd man out on this....

I cancelled my first resale contract for MGR because it revealed the unit was not FC.
I specifically wanted FC.
I've used it once to book a spring-break Beachplace studio for my DD--who ended up going somewhere else. In any case, I deposited it into II and it was a very strong studio trader (oxymoron!)

Just my 2c

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might be the odd man out on this....

I cancelled my first resale contract for MGR because it revealed the unit was not FC.
I specifically wanted FC.
I've used it once to book a spring-break Beachplace studio for my DD--who ended up going somewhere else. In any case, I deposited it into II and it was a very strong studio trader (oxymoron!)

Just my 2c

I am with you. The FC is great.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
If I enroll my legacy week, how would the Florida club be affected? I can trade my platinum GV to OP during February for free. With the points I would need more points to stay to do that. Can someone clarify this? Would I lose that option?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I enroll my legacy week, how would the Florida club be affected? I can trade my platinum GV to OP during February for free. With the points I would need more points to stay to do that. Can someone clarify this? Would I lose that option?
If your week is in FC, and you want to stay in one of the other 4 resorts in the FC, you would not opt for points that year. Just use it as a regular week, and book something in the FC at 6 months.

I did not get that clarification but just thinking "logically".

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
If your week is in FC, and you want to stay in one of the other 4 resorts in the FC, you would not opt for points that year. Just use it as a regular week, and book something in the FC at 6 months.

I did not get that clarification but just thinking "logically".
Got it. Thank you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Our Harbour Lake MF bill doesn't have the Owner Services line item. The Operating Budget however has the Owner Services line item under the Expenses section. The Total Net Operating Expenses from the Operating Budget does equal the Operating Fee listed on the MF bill. So our Harbour Lake bill does include the Owner Services fee, it is just buried in the Operating Fee line item.

Our Florida Club Grande Vista week does have the 'Florida Club Fee' line on the MF bill. On the Operating Budget, the Owner Services Fee amount is broken out at the very bottom of the budget along with a separate line item for the "Club Fee'. The Florida Club Fee on the MF bill matches the total of the Club Fee and Owners Services Fee on the budget. Looking at the Total Net Operating Expenses on the Operating Budget, it too matches the Operating Fee line item on the MF bill.

The real question is answered if we can see a MF bill for a non Florida Club unit at Grande Vista and compare it to the MF bill for a FC unit. Does the non FC MF bill have a line item for Owner Services Fee? Or do they bake it in to the Operating Fee. I suspect it is the former since on the Operating Budget, the Owner Services Fee is broken out. It is always hard to tell if a seller is listing fees right. I have seen MF totals that exclude the amount of property tax. Taxes is an important part of the MF, especially when it is actual listed on the same bill. Given that Grande Vista is a one off in the Florida Club with some units in the club and some not, it is possible that even the listing brokers with Marriott are getting it wrong.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After chewing on this for another night, we decided to simply go with the week that includes FC access. Here is in the closing document that we just signed this morning: "...In addition to closing costs, Purchaser shall pay at closing (or be billed after closing) the first year's maintenance fee, and Club Dues, which are payable separately of $45.11 per week owned for US and Canadian residents and $79.61 per week owned for all other countries),...."

In a separate sectioon: "The current year's assessment for common expenses allocable to the timeshare interest you are purchasing is $1,259.22. This assessment, which may be increased from time to time by the managing entity of the timeshare plan, is payable in full each year on or before JANUARY 2018. This assessment includes yearly ad valorem real estate taxes, which are not billed and collected separately...."

I conclude that $45.11 is the Florida Club dues.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dioxide is right, the $41.11 owner services fee is on all of my budgets for all the other MVC properties. So that part of the "Florida Club Dues" exists for all MVC units at all properties, which means the true FC fee is only $4. It is still possible that the non-FC is $45.11 cheaper but that would only be the case if the non-FC unit is not subject to the Owner Services fee which all other timeshare units seem to be.

Then there is this:
The Component Site Reservation System is a Limited Common Element of each Non-Club Unit. Costs incurred by the Association in connection with the maintenance and operation of the Component Site Reservation System constitute Component Site Reservation System Expenses, to be apportioned only among Owners on Unit Weeks in Non-Club Units, and are not included in the Developer Guaranty.

I do not see any amounts specifying this "Component Site Reservation System Expenses" but if it exists it is only for non FC units. This might be an additional cost for a non-FC unit that would make the difference less than $45.11.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
After chewing on this for another night, we decided to simply go with the week that includes FC access. Here is in the closing document that we just signed this morning: "...In addition to closing costs, Purchaser shall pay at closing (or be billed after closing) the first year's maintenance fee, and Club Dues, which are payable separately of $45.11 per week owned for US and Canadian residents and $79.61 per week owned for all other countries),...."

In a separate sectioon: "The current year's assessment for common expenses allocable to the timeshare interest you are purchasing is $1,259.22. This assessment, which may be increased from time to time by the managing entity of the timeshare plan, is payable in full each year on or before JANUARY 2018. This assessment includes yearly ad valorem real estate taxes, which are not billed and collected separately...."

I can tell you for a fact that the 45.11 s not payable separately. It is billed along with the annual MF bill.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide is right, the $41.11 owner services fee is on all of my budgets for all the other MVC properties. So that part of the "Florida Club Dues" exists for all MVC units at all properties, which means the true FC fee is only $4. It is still possible that the non-FC is $45.11 cheaper but that would only be the case if the non-FC unit is not subject to the Owner Services fee which all other timeshare units seem to be.

Then there is this:

I do not see any amounts specifying this "Component Site Reservation System Expenses" but if it exists it is only for non FC units. This might be an additional cost for a non-FC unit that would make the difference less than $45.11.

I do not have my bill for GV yet but I noticed this in the FAQ attached to the budget from last year. There is definitely an additional expense line item for GV non-Florida Club units.

Reservation System Fee (Non-Club Owners): The fee for non-club Owners to cover the cost for Owner Services support.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not know yet since I did not have a non-FC unit last year. I will know as soon as the bill comes out but I am willing to bet that for 2017 it was $41.11. For whatever strange reason they put the owner services fee that exists at every MVCI property in the Florida club section which causes the confusion. Then since a non-Florida club unit needs to also pay for that service they add it in as a different name. :shrug: