• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Vacation Sales and Marketing

alvinblake

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Vacation Sales and Marketing? They claim a full refund if your timedahre not sold in 6 mos.

Thanks

Al Blake

danb245

Reaction score
vacation sales and marketing scam

i was contacted by vacation sales and marketing and they told me they could sell my timeshare in 6 months or i would get my money back after six months and my timeshare was still not sold i called and asked for my money back just like they told me and thier contract stated they said no problem and i would get my refund soon that was three months ago and i call them at least 3-4 times a week they wont take my phone calls and wont return my calls or messages they stole my money and won't honor there money back guarantee

help
dan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We do not recommend any resale company that has a high upfront fee. After they have your money, what's their motivation to actually sell your week? Everything we told you about timesharerescue.com back in Sept., applies here, too.

With the state of the economy, the timeshare resale market has taken a dive. The top resorts are selling for 50% or less of retail, the mid-level resorts for 10-20%, and you can't give away the bottom level resorts.

If you can, you would be much better off to hang on until the economy improves, otherwise, expect to take a huge loss.

If you have to sell your TS, here are some links that might be helpful, but if you can hold on until the economy improves, or if we can help you learn how to get more out of your TS, you might be better off.

TUG advice article - How to sell your TS

Besides TUG, I personally use these cheap or free websites to post my Ads:

www.craigslist.org (free)

www.redweek.com

* Membership $14.99 for 12 Months
* Timeshare Rental Postings - $19.99/ea for 6 Months - $49.99/ea for 12 Months

www.myresortnetwork.com

$19.95 posting fee ($24.95 for a float week ad)

Good luck!

bb1221

Reaction score
Vacation Sales and Marketing has contacted me too. They state that Westgate is going thru bankruptcy and that they would like to sell my timeshare for me and also guarantee my money back if they do not sell it within 6 months. Has anyone heard of these people?
The lady actually sent me a BBB report, but I went and looked them up on the actual website and they were there but nothing reported.

HELP! I really don't have the money to spend, but if I am going to have a gain at this well it might be worth it. I guess it's like the stock market these days!

:bawl: :shrug:

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your post confuses me.....:confused: Did you read the other posts in this thread? By paying up-front, you are likely tossing your money away......

Vacation Sales and Marketing has contacted me too. They state that Westgate is going thru bankruptcy and that they would like to sell my timeshare for me and also guarantee my money back if they do not sell it within 6 months. Has anyone heard of these people?
The lady actually sent me a BBB report, but I went and looked them up on the actual website and they were there but nothing reported.

HELP! I really don't have the money to spend, but if I am going to have a gain at this well it might be worth it. I guess it's like the stock market these days!

:bawl: :shrug:

bb1221

Reaction score
Yes, I have read the previous ones. But what I am worried about is the owner of Westgates going bankrupt. What happens then?
Do we have to find another company to finance the timeshare or does this just go on our credit report eventhough we have been paying on this timeshare?

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the misunderstanding. That might be a topic for is own thread.....

Yes, I have read the previous ones. But what I am worried about is the owner of Westgates going bankrupt. What happens then?
Do we have to find another company to finance the timeshare or does this just go on our credit report eventhough we have been paying on this timeshare?

Stricky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westgate just settled a lawsuit in Jan with the FTC for violating do-not-call laws but other then that I find no legal information pointing towards a bankruptcy. Not saying it is not in the works but at this point it would all be rumors.

As for your loan, if they do own your debt (which I doubt they do) it is an asset to the company. If they go bankrupt (chapter 7) it would be sold to another banking institution and it would really not affect you (other then where you mail your payments).

They are the 7th largest employer in Florida. I think if bankruptcy is pending it would all over the press.

This article gave some insight into their situation last year: http://www.rentvri.com/layoffs-coming-at-westgate-timeshare/

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score

Suggest you do a search for posts under "Florida", there are numerous quite recent posts about staff cut backs at Westgate Resorts and their financing problems. Far from being alone, they are subject to credit constraints affecting most real estate developers. That cuts into new T/S sales but does not affect existing resort operations.

K.

sensaumer

Reaction score
Have you had any luck in getting your refund back. We are running towards the end of our 180 days and are sending the required written request for a refund. I just noticed that the "expiration date" that starts the thirty days we are required to request the refund was listed as the day the contract was signed, not the day the 180 day period ends. Based on your posting and my original suspicion I am assuming we are going to have problems. Would this count as interstate fraud and therefore be a federal offense?

SellmyTS2day

Reaction score
VSAM appears to be a SCAM but I'm patiently trying to work with them to obtain my refund (as of 6/21/09)... Here's the story.

I received the contract as agreed (Aug '08), provided my deposit ($300) as requested.. After 180-days, I requested my refund as they'd promised. They required me to send a certified written letter via postal service before they would process my refund. I sent the letter, followed-up with a phone-call --since the lines were busy, requested a call-back. Never received call-back so called until I spoke with someone.. The short-story is that I keep getting the request is being processed in our legal dept. and will take 4-6 weeks then we sent the money-order and you should receive it or call back.. I am tired of the excuses but am very persistent.

dfndr90

Reaction score
Vsam Scam

Do not list with them. I know this may be a little late, but do not list with them. These companies do not even try to sell your time-share. They are unregulated, and do not have to. I fell for their scam, and now I am trying to get my money back. This Sherry Wright is very difficult to work with, and will not tell you why it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get your money back. SCAM all the way.