• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] SVO eBay Sales

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Sorry -- saw some Sheraton's on this thread and lost my head ;)

It's absolutely fine to post any and all Starwood ebay sales data here. David just tracks Westin, but a lot of people are interested in Sheraton as well.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
These prices are ridiculous! Has something happened to WMH that I'm not yet aware of? Special assessment coming soon? This is a bargain!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the economy has happened to timesharing and real estate in general. :eek:

Washington Mutual just announced that they are closing every single one of their home loan offices across the country. This from the largest and most powerful home loan lender in the US. Not good. :(

K

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Tell me about it - if I waited 2 months more I could have saved over a grand on a resale purchase via eBay - oh well... WSJ and STJ in less than 2 months and then WKORV... and we bought our plane tix well in advance. Always a silver lining...

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Interesting - IMO the 67.1K SO units do not have as much value as the 81K SO units (because of SVN exchange flexibility) - I hope you negotiated a great price.

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting - IMO the 67.1K SO units do not have as much value as the 81K SO units (because of SVN exchange flexibility) - I hope you negotiated a great price.

We got a price both us and the seller agreed upon :). The DH is using kind of an average price per option method, so he knew what he was willing to pay based on that. We'll use the options to go visit there once in a while but more often to combine with our other options to get into larger places 8 months out. Requals will also be part of the process, or perhaps an upgrade if SVO gets random WKV inventory.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I understand - but resale SOs cannot be combined - unless retro'd.

Also FWIW - I would argue that a $/SO is not equilvalent between 81K SOs and 67.1K SOs. 81K (and 148.1K SOs) have more $/SO value because of the flexibility of exchanging within SVN - and more value if/when you sell the VOI. Bottom-line - not all SOs are equal.

For example - If 81K SOs at WKV is worth $8,100 - that doesn't mean 67.1K SOs at WKV are worth $6,710. They are worth less than this.

I was almost in contract at WKV for 67.1K SOs when I luckily found this out from another Tugger - thought I would pass along. Take from it whatever you want - just trying to help out.

Best.

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I understand - but resale SOs cannot be combined - unless retro'd.

I meant retro instead of requal. But perhaps both, depending on what else we can pick up.

Also FWIW - I would argue that a $/SO is not equilvalent between 81K SOs and 67.1K SOs. 81K (and 148.1K SOs) have more $/SO value because of the flexibility of exchanging within SVN - and more value if/when you sell the VOI. Bottom-line - not all SOs are equal.

For example - If 81K SOs at WKV is worth $8,100 - that doesn't mean 67.1K SOs at WKV are worth $6,710. They are worth less than this.
Good point. I'll bring that up with the DH, as it might factor into future purchases.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a price both us and the seller agreed upon :). The DH is using kind of an average price per option method, so he knew what he was willing to pay based on that. We'll use the options to go visit there once in a while but more often to combine with our other options to get into larger places 8 months out. Requals will also be part of the process, or perhaps an upgrade if SVO gets random WKV inventory.

This is a good plan but check what the original purchase price was on the 67,000 SO unit. You need a $10,000 difference. They currently have some inventory in gold time (2BR LO I think for about $27,000) so the 1BR you bought has to be less than $17,000 purchase price to make the upgrade possible. They no longer have 2BR platinums (sold for about $38,000) so I would not count on being able to purchase that. They are much more likely to get a Gold week back from owners than a Platinum so be careful that the price spread is there!

Katherine

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I would argue that a $/SO is not equilvalent between 81K SOs and 67.1K SOs. 81K (and 148.1K SOs) have more $/SO value because of the flexibility of exchanging within SVN - and more value if/when you sell the VOI. Bottom-line - not all SOs are equal.

Absolutely correct. 81 & 148.1 are worth more $$/SO than 67k.

I was also watching this auction, as 1Bd Premium Plat WKR are rare. It's a shame the seller didn't know what they had when it was originally posted (a common eBay trait...).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It appears that this thread should be called SVO-Westin eBay sales... since I am sure there are lots of Sheraton SVO VOIs being sold on eBay.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis