• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Silver Lakes Vacation Club

cmpawlik

TUG Member
Reaction score
SLVC owners

Any owners of Silver Lakes Vaction Club, please email me as we have a group of owners that are trying to take action against these sleazebags that are running this Club.

Reaction score
Ready to join the fight

I very much want to be a part of the lawsuit. I believe they are operating illegally and unfairly. Please email CPawlik.

reneeolivia

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the same boat. I had a buyer but before I could sell Silver Lakes told me that I had to pay the $1500.00 assessment so we did and then the sell was not finalized because they told my buyer that it could not be exchanged but the paper work slvc sent to them said that there was a $200 additional fee to exchange. This is on top of the $495 maintenance fee. I asked for my money back and they refused. I am protesting it through my Visa card company. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did call them a couple of omnths ago and slvc has the lowest rating that a business can get F and they have numerous complaints filed against them. It can be done online. SLVC is in San Bernardino County I believe. It may be in LA County. I have also considered contacting the attorney generals office. I also asked for a list of the owners at slvc and Larry told me that it would cost $1200.00. I think that everyone should contact the Better Business Bureau and the attorney generals office. We may get some results.

Randuncan

Reaction score
Silver Lakes Hellendale Slezy Operation

My story is too long to Post, but I have had it with William Don Bunch, Larry Bunch, and Terri and Crew. They are breaking so many promises and rules that its a JOKE. Bunch has done time in the big house and I hope he ends up there again. The bottom line is I am done paying these crooks and I don't care about my credit because I am losing everything I own anyway because our Society is being run by crooks. Its time to stand up and get united and put MR. Bunch out with the evening trash. I am in small claims court with him Next Monday and unless he can pull an ACE from somewhere, he will owe me more than 3 grand by end of day Monday. I plan to pay NOT one red cent and he can sue me and I will not PAY ever. No one should pay another cent until he is GONE. No one should pay another cent until the units are fixed up and RCI accepts all of us AS Promised. We need the list of Members in this sinking ship and get a Full blown pit bull on Mr. Bunch. FELL free to email me and lets build this group and keep the word moving. A lot of people do their do diligence and worse case we can bankrupt SilverLakes for letting this happen to us.

RD CALI

Reaction score
SLVC

I very much want to be a part of the lawsuit. I believe they are operating illegally and unfairly. Please email CPawlik.

Please contact me asap

Also would like to join any group of SLVC owners who are planning legal action. I have no intention of paying or be intimidated by a group of extortionist. Feel free to e-mail me.

fernmasters

Reaction score
SILVERLAKES Vaction Helendale CA

OWN WITH FRIENDS..BOUGHT FROM INDIVIDUAL 8-9 YRS AGO HAVING SAME PROBLEM TRYING TO SELL THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING WANT TO JOIN SOME SORT OF GROUP TO STOP THESE PEOPLE .... going on for a long time.

Last edited:

Freeway

Reaction score
Silverlakes Nightmare

I am one of the many owners at Silverlakes that is experiencing the same thing as everyone else. To me this is extortion. I also asked if I could sell or give the timeshare away and they said no not without their permission. They kept repeating I had three choices. All of which rquire a huge amount of money. I have called an attorney and she suggests we try to get as many of us together and file a class action suit. Is there anyone else who has already done this, if so, we want in. This is my first time on this site so I don't know how this could be done. Time is important since we only have till Jan.10 to get something going.

Freeway

Reaction score
We are also in this nightmare with Silverlakes. I would love to talk with you but do not know how to keep our info private on the internet. Any ideas?

Freeway

Reaction score
Would love to talk with you. We are all in the same boat. I don't know how to reach you without giving out our private info on line. I'm new to the computer world any ideas?

Freeway

Reaction score
How do I email you? Would love to talk with you regarding a class action suit. I am new to the internet and do not know how to do this and keep our information private. Any ideas?

RD CALI

Reaction score
SLVC problem

There are different thoughts on how to approach the SLVC problem. I believe that our first course of action is to file a complaint with the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) as they are the regulatory agency for California timeshares. The DRE has primary jurisdiction to investigate complaints regarding timeshares.The DRE is aware of the past and present activities of SLVC and specifically it's owner.

You can obtain a copy of the DRE complaint form (RE 519A) at www.dre.ca.gov which has to be mailed to the Los Angeles office. The address is listed on the first page of the complaint form which also tells you what the DRE can and can not do for you. If you want more info or would like to talk to someone, you can contact the DRE in the Sacramento Office Subdivision 916-227-0842. Unfortunately there is no simple solution, it is going to take time and patience. Filing a complaint at this point is extremely important and can serve us well for any possible future action(s) !

Randuncan

Reaction score
If you have not contacted the group please email Randuncan@aol.com and I will forward to the group. Please list your complaint and when you signed up. I just won a small claims against this bunch for not refunding my money after two years of not signing their boogus contract. I will never see the money, but I can show the credit agency's I won and they did not refund my money.

Thanks Randy You can leave voicemail/Fax at 805-456-3938 also.

Reaction score
Silver Lakes Vacation Club

After reading this thread, there is a lot of confusion with some users.
Some of the posts are posting just to get posting points, not too helpful.
Some do not even know about the resort that started this thread.
There are more that two Silver Lakes.
This one is Silver Lakes in Helendale, California.
There is more than one resort in Helendale, California.
The problem resort is not The Inn at Silver Lakes.
The problem resort is Silver Lakes Vacation Club, old RCI # 1408.
After the snake shed his skin, the new new name is The Mission Villas at Silver Lakes RCI # A710.
I too have problems.
I talked to the head snake a short while ago.
He told me I owed $1500.00 times 4. I could not find where I had four weeks.
I asked him who was the Real Estate Broker he was working under.
I was told one is not needed.
I read my contract.
My other timeshares deed me the land percent or the landlease percent.
SLVC sold me a membership entitled to annual use. Nothing else. All I bought was a contract. Right to use, nothing owned. Shame on me.

There are several things I think we can use if we go for a class action case or our own case. Check with your lawyer. I'm not a lawyer, or giving advice.
Item 6 stated Declarant has an agreement to provide Exchange Enrollment for members.
It is my understanding RCI dropped SLVC due to poor ratings.
Now SLVC will not provide an Exchange Company.
I asked for a copy of the By-Laws mentioned in Item 5, when I signed, and was told they would send ma a copy. I have not got mine yet. Does anyone have a copy? If so, could you contact me?
I was not notified of the "meeting" in March, 2008. The newsletter, just sent to me, states partial remodel of units 24-45. Full remodel of units 1-23. That is 45 times 52. See item 8 section 8.3. Then later they say 50. Can't have it both ways. I think this large assessment was not reasonably foreseeable in advance. I think that would be grounds to have the contract discharged for frustration of purpose.
I think SLVC's actions are such that they have effectively prevented me (and others) from obtaining the original benefit of the bargain. That may be grounds for a claim of breach of the implied covenant of good faith, in every contract.
He threatened me with a lawsuit for $8000.00 plus his attorney's fees plus my attorney's fees if I did not accept his offer to upgrade my one week. I think that might be close to extortion.
There are many other things others have written about.
Might I suggest we at least pepper two agencies with complaints.
One is the Department of Real Estate, if they will listen.
Contact information can be obtained at WWW.dre.ca.gov/gen_contact.html.
Another is the local San Bernardino District Attorney. Real Estate Fraud Prosecution division. (909) 891-3519. If you want them to listen to you, make sure you tell them why you think SLVC broke the law.
Contact RCI and complain. If any one actually contacts a person, let me know. No one I called was interested.
Other BBS have postings where Mr. Don Bunch lost his real estate license. My past records show his wife (going by a different last name) was, and is now on the BOD. Most of the names are the same.
There are several other websites with like complaints.

How do you feel about going together to lower individual attorney's fees and court fees. Contact me if interested.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Since this thread has gone beyond a "Newbie Help" question it would be better placed in the Western board. Moving it there.:)

Bill4728

Reaction score
This may be slightly off topic, BUT I've never heard of a TS which RCI will accept for deposits for the points side only. In all my experiance, if a TS has an association with RCI points, then all units at that TS are able to be deposited in RCI (either via points or weeks)

The only time a TS will not be accepted into RCI, is if the whole resort is no longer affiliated with RCI in any manner.

Try contacting RCI (instead of the management at the resort) and ask if " since your resort is again associated with RCI thru RCI points, will RCI once again accept a deposit of a week from the resort?"

Last edited:
Reaction score
This may be slightly off topic, BUT I've never heard of a TS which RCI will accept for deposits for the points side only. In all my experiance, if a TS has an association with RCI points, then all units at that TS are able to be deposited in RCI (either via points or weeks)

The only time a TS will not be accepted into RCI, is if the whole resort is no longer affiliated with RCI in any manner.

Try contacting RCI (instead of the management at the resort) and ask if " since your resort is again associated with RCI thru RCI points, will RCI once again accept a deposit of a week from the resort?"

I just finished talking to RCI.
What you say is correct as far as RCI is concerned, however, the fly in the ointment here is that the resort has full control as to, or not to, to deposit your time.
When I was told by SLVC that they could no longer deposit my week, the fact that they did not tell me was that it was their decision not to deposit my week, even though he implied it was RCI's fault. I feel this was a thin disguise to try to get more money from me.

All of the trading with RCI aside, the management is still demanding I pay the new assessment. Considering what they want from me, it would be cheaper for me to invest in another resort for trading.

Silvertip

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are unsatisfied members of SLVC. We would like to file a complaint regarding the $1500 special assessment, to any organization that might help us. The Dept. of Real-estate requires documentation of correspondance. We are have trouble find our letters regarding the proxies and the quarum of the March '08 board meeting, and the initial letter which informs non RCI members of the assessments. we would be greatful to anyone who would email a copy of these letters, so that we can join in any actions and complaints in an appropriat manner, which fully documents their unethical dealings. Also is there any legal actions being persued? We would love to participate.

Is there any opinion as to whether to pay the assessment when due under protest and hope to get it back via a class action suit or hold off?