• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] pet friendly hotels

mlbyron

TUG Member
Reaction score
This week we have traveled with our dog for the first time.
It was last minute so I did little searching, Choice Hotels offered 3 in the Rockford area. 2 were $25, Sleep Inn was $15. I am here and it has worked well. It got me wondering if any hotels are 'pets stay for free'? I did not find they answer so far but I did come across these links I found of interest, wanted to share them with you all.
Mary
http://www.petswelcome.com/milkbone/hotchains.html
http://www.pettravel.com/passports_hotelchainpol.cfm

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Quite a number of Marriotts are pet friendly now but you have to check carefully as some of the 'pet fees' in their Residence Inns can cost more than the hotel fee itself. The Marriott hotels that are pet friendly don't really cater to the pet in any way ... but many of them don't actually charge the extra pet fee.

Westin, on the other hand, is pet friendly to the point of providing a heavenly doggie bed, a bowl, dog candies, an ID tag for the dog's collar with your room number on it, and more. Never been charged the extra fee at a Westin.

Most boutique hotels permit dogs - some even provide dog sitters and dog walkers. Most of the Kimpton hotels do this -- and they are very nice! Here are two I've stayed in with my pal:

http://www.themusehotel.com/

http://www.monaco-chicago.com/

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/hotels/hotels.aspx

Brian

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
While traveling this summer, I also used Choice Hotels. We stayed in a Comfort Inn and a Comfort Suites. There was a nominal pet fee but they only charged it at one of the hotels. Even with the pet fee, it was a good rate. The hotel wasn't as nice as the Hilton properties we normally would have stayed at but it worked fine for an overnighter.

Deb

Reaction score
While I am something of an animal fanatic, here is one reason, I am guessing, why a lot of people object to hotels allowing dogs...

Before my father moved back to MA, we visited him frequently in Baltimore. We stayed at a Marriott Residence Inn in Whitemarsh, and discovered they allowed dogs, so we decided to bring his Granddog, Suzie, down to see him. The Marriott provides an area just up from the parking lot for the dogs to go to the bathroom, and they have a big garbage can and a dispenser of poop bags there as well. Despite this, the entire area was a minefield of dog poop. I am convinced we were the only people who ever picked up after our dog, and we had to hop around avoiding the other little "deposits" while doing so. There are just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many thoughtless, lazy people out there. These are probably the same folks who leave dirty diapers lying around in public bathrooms....I guess sometimes I just do not "get" it....:eek:

mlbyron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the list, I will keep it in my travel file.
This trip with the dog as gone beautifully, we are at Sleep Inn(choice Hotels). I definately will do it again. We had to stay longer than expected, I feel no stress of inconviencing anyone with watching her. The timing is perfect tho, cool weather so she can ride along when out for dinner.
I do wish I had taught her when barking is impolite! she just does one, at noises( and vacum cleaning the hall).
I will work on it before we go anywhere again.
Mary

Jim C

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve!!

Hi Mary,

Here are a few chains that allow pets for free:

La Quinta www.laquinta.com

Red Lion www.redlion.com

Drury www.druryhotels.com

Thanks Steve, I was just about to reserve rooms at a La Quinta for a Thanksgiving visit. Would not like to end up in a room previously occupied by someone's pet(s). Don't have anything against pets, but previously had a lousy experience at an animal friendly place in Venice, FL. I vowed never again!! It wouldn't be so bad if they were kept in a location removed from the rooms, like a seperate climate controlled building. Only exception - Guide dogs!!

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump to thread .... PLEASE.... If you get a chance .... Try a new DRURY PLAZA Hotel ..... OMG .... So nice ...and so pet friendly .... Sitting in one in San Antonio as I type this .....

Been in one in North Phoenix .... Indianapolis ... South Nashville (FRanklin) and now in NW San Antonio ... Funny ...this one is right beside an older (and still nice Drury Suites ....)

After suffering an older La Quinta in Galveston ...this is so much better ....

Remember ...any Drury is nice ...BUT ...Plaza Hotels just better ....

So glad we discovered Drury for our road trips ....
Greg