• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Gas up .90 to 1.00 in my area.. how about yours.. [merged threads]

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Went out this morning and got gas in one vehicle at $3.51 per gallon.. Went to play in golf tournament and on way back went by same station. Price was up to $4.45 a big jump just today..

higher cost are on the way.. how bad is it in your area??..

we are located in Raleigh nc

more pricing at gasbuddy.com

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mid-grade gas is "down" to $3.75 here in Camarillo, CA.. that is cheapest it has been in a long time.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas at Wal-mart was 3.54 a gallon yesterday, it was 3.92 this afternoon. Pretty big jump in one day for us too although not near as big of a jump as yours. We have several stations that ran out of gas because everyone is filling up everything from gas cans to 55 gallon drums. There were lines at gas stations all day today and we aren't anywhere near the path of the hurricane.

The excuse is that refineries and off shore rigs are going to be damaged reducing supplies starting tomorrow. I hope they are wrong but they said on the news tonight that the last time there was flooding in this area of texas it was 9 months before the refineries were back to operating at full capacity. We might be headed for $5 a gallon soon.

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There she blows! (Gas Prices)

$4.64 today in Sarasota, up $1.03 from yesterday. Surprise. Surprise.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also a thread about gas prices in the travel section. I had a feeling yesterday I should gas up my car but I told myself I'd do it today. Now I am regretting not listening to my feelings of yesterday. I just didn't think about the hurricane and gas prices jumping so quickly. I'll be heading down to the gas station in about an hour when it gets light.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning in the Tidewater VA (Norfolk, VA Bch, Suffolk, Chesapeake) area prices are up from $3.36 per gallon regular on Friday 09/12/2008 to as high as $4.99 per gal regular 9/13/2008.

S

Steamboat Bill

This is 100% rediculous and the goverment should enforce price gouging rules.

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
This is making me crazy. I have been putting in $10 worth of gas so that I can fill up today at BJ's and save money. I want to kick myself in the butt because I'm sure it has gone up, and the line will be very long. By my house, it has been 3.84, and has not come down lower at all. Now, that price may seem appealing again. :wall:

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
From an AP news report:
The oil and gas industry was closely watching Ike because it was headed straight for the nation's biggest complex of refineries and petrochemical plants. Wholesale gasoline prices jumped to around $4.85 a gallon for fear of shortages.

I agree with Bill. Local stations hiking up the price of gas before their price goes up is gouging. I got lucky. I filled up both cars early this morning with mid-grade at $3.87/gallon. That's the same as it has been. Utah's gas prices have been among the nation's most expensive. Also, there weren't many cars at the pumps but they were starting to roll in when I left.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen gas prices today, but yesterday they were still at under $4.00 in Lansing area. BUT, most stations had traffic backed up for blocks with people attempting to get their cars gassed up before the prices skyrocketed. Some stations even had police directing traffic because of the conjestion around particular stations. Unfortunately, because of the long lines, and because we had our two grandkids in the car with us, we didn't take the time to fill up. We're going to regret it today when we have to drive into town (25 miles one way for us).

We've got family in Houston that we haven't heard from since last night and praying that everything is ok with them.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Maybe. Maybe Not. (Not Necessarily, Anyhow.)

Click here to read about whussup with rising gasoline prices in East Tennessee.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Safeway Gas Discounts.

Safeway gas stations in ZIP codes 19971 & 22030 -- possibly others also, I don't know -- offer 3 cents off per gallon to customers who have Safeway supermarket discount club cards.

I lost my Safeway card right after I got it -- mox nix because Safeway makes it easy to beep in my phone number at the check-out lanes & at the gas pumps.

I was running on fumes & all set to tank up at Safeway's 22030 gas station -- beeped in my phone number & everything -- before noticing the hand-lettered notice saying they were out of regular gas but were selling premium gas at the mid-grade price.

So I bought $10 worth of Safeway high test, then motored 2 miles down the road & tanked up at a Citgo that as it happened was selling regular gas for less than Safeway's posted price for the regular that it was out of anyway.

Beats walking.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Filled up on the way to the airport Monday because my usual station was still $3.48, but it was $3.63 across the street. My station had already gone up twice in about a week.

DH called me in the airport Friday to ask if I had gas. There has been a run on gas here with many stations running out completely. Two of the stations were $3.99 yesterday and lined up. A third was $4.29 and also lined up. Went out today and saw $4.99 - $5.09.

One of the local distributors was out of gas and not expecting to get any for a couple of days. Maybe as late as Thursday.

I cancelled most of my errands today. We have two full tanks and two half tanks. I dread buying more when those are gone.

Sheila

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
filled up at hess in nassau county on long island very early this morning. paid $3.69 for the cheap stuff. this afternoon i believe the price was the same but there was a line of cars waiting to get gas.
don'tcha just love how the price goes up IMMEDIATELY but takes WEEKS to come down!!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

A few years back, under similar circumstances, gas stations around here jumped prices through the roof. The state's AG went after them like a pit bull and prices fell almost as fast. This time around prices have remained reasonably flat. Yesterday they were $3.49/gallon and I filled my tank today for $3.49/gallon. I haven't been back out today to see what's happened but I'm reasonably certain they have gone up some. I just doubt that the stations will try to jump them up to $5 or $6/gallon as they did in the past.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Its price gouging if they increase the price to the consumer for fuel they've already paid or been billed for. I hope some eager DA takes these guys on. I'd mention that besides being illegal it is unethical, but many people don't have ethics these days.

That said, here in Henderson, NV., our gas has remained stable. I just came home, and on the way the prices I saw for regular were all $3.59-3.61 a gallon.

Fern

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Pump Prices Are Based On Dealers' Replacement Prices.

Its price gouging if they increase the price to the consumer for fuel they've already paid or been billed for.
I don't know from price gouging -- to me that's a loaded term that tends to stifle understanding rather than promoting it. (But that's just me.)

Meanwhile, according to some Internet people who are trying to explain the cost of gas to the rest of us, what actually happens is something called Replacement Pricing -- "The price you pay for a gallon today is the cost of the gallon the station will have buy to replace the one you just bought."

What typically happens in between my ears any time something happens that I don't like is that I start in looking for somebody to blame. What goes on in between my ears may or may not be soundly grounded in reality.

So it goes.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Canada too! I drive an 'import' that requires high test gas...it was $1.53 a litre today, 14 cents more than 'regular'. Don't know what that converts to in US$ and gallons but I'll bet it's over $5 a gallon. US prices seem cheap!

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, according to some Internet people who are trying to explain the cost of gas to the rest of us, what actually happens is something called Replacement Pricing -- "The price you pay for a gallon today is the cost of the gallon the station will have buy to replace the one you just bought."

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

Except that, at least here in Utah, they don't decrease the price at the pump when their replacement price goes down. They reason that they can't reduce the price for the consumer until they empty out the high priced gasoline from their tanks. But then, as soon as they think they can raise it, they do regardless of the wholesale price they paid. That is what has happened in the past. Utah's AG said he was going to investigate but I've not heard anything as to what he found. At least this morning, as I mentioned, prices had not gone up and I was relieved to be able to fill up at yesterday's prices.