• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2 weeks out from our Cancun getaway!

Dancingfish

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parkway
We really have no agenda for this trip except to rest and relax- but did want to hear from anyone who has been lately if there was anything you really enjoyed outside of your resort. Anything you packed that that you think we should add to our list?

Also I hear that Mexico has TSA pre lines to get home?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We really have no agenda for this trip except to rest and relax- but did want to hear from anyone who has been lately if there was anything you really enjoyed outside of your resort. Anything you packed that that you think we should add to our list?

There are no Mexico airports that have CBP preclearance. You will go through customs and immigration in the US. There is no TSA in Mexico and any TSA precheck or Global Entry won't help you there. If you have a connection at a US airport that goes to another US destination, you will have to go through TSA at the connecting US airport even though you went through security screening in Mexico. You can use TSA Precheck at the airport in the US if it is available.

jorcus

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not sure where you are staying, and xcaret may be a bit far but if you can get there for the nightly show it is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It pretty much tells the history of Mexico in pageant form. Of course there are other things to do in the park but that is the highlight. Depending on your activity level the other xcaret parks are fun as well.

The Cancun airport has introduced automated entry scanners where you scan the passport get your picture taken pick up a printed receipt and unless someone stops you for a secondary check off you go. Of course it may take a lot longer to get your luggage. I don't know about pre tsa but security lines when I went in December were a short wait.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
You may already know but just in case you don't, be aware of the timeshare sharks in the CUN terminals as you exit. They will ask you what resort/hotel you are going to, then tell you they are from that place and can give to a ride. You end up at a timeshare presentation far from your hotel/resort. Resort transfer drivers have a resort sign (sometimes with the guest's name on it) that they hold up. On our last trip through there we stopped a couple we had been chatting with on the plane and at Immigration from going with one of those guys. Our DD had a guy try to put his arm across her back to steer her toward a van. Luckily DH was a couple of feet behind us.

A former co-worker & her DH used to take the ferry over to Isla Mujeres from Cancun for a day every time they were there. They enjoyed it so much they ended up getting an apt over there and spending the month on the island instead of in Cancun. One thing she never forgot to pack was a water bottle with built in filter to make any water safe for drinking. I'm not sure of the make but I'm sure Google will find one.

~Diane

Dancingfish

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parkway
Just want to say we have been home for two weeks now... and still smiling over the great vacation we had in Cancun. I did a review of the resort. GR Solaris - its not one of the big fancy resorts but for us it was heaven.. no walking, no stress, fun staff, small enough that you never had to worry about how long it would take to run back to the room, yet big enough that there was something for everyone.