• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1000th confirmed Timeshare Cancellation after finding forums!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
We are thrilled to report the 1000th person to have confirmed they found the TUG forums in time to cancel their new Timeshare purchase without spending a dime!

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...ions-of-dollars-cancelling-timeshares.196108/

Doing the proper research after (or before) buying a Timeshare results in owners discovering any number of facts that were not disclosed to them during the sales presentation! The majority of which always result in the owner having second thoughts about their purchase!

While over the years far more owners have found TUG in time to legally rescind a new timeshare purchase, since we began tracking these on the forums, just this week (merry christmas!) we can confirm the 1000th person has been saved!

Approaching 14Million dollars in confirmed rescission dollars, this is a truly amazing site that provides the truth to timeshare owners to make educated and informed decisions! Founded by owners looking for similar help over 26 years ago, those original members (my father included) would all be proud of what TUG has turned into today!

Owners helping Owners since 1993!

tugtankmeme.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nice! You and your Dad have done some very, very good work. You should feel very proud of yourselves.

I came to Tug before buying, so started my timeshare ownership experience in a positive, non-Developer way. I wonder how many others like myself are out there?

Dave

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Nice! You and your Dad have done some very, very good work. You should feel very proud of yourselves.

I came to Tug before buying, so started my timeshare ownership experience in a positive, non-Developer way. I wonder how many others like myself are out there?

Dave
We found TUG prior to purchasing and only own resale. -- because of TUG information --

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Congratulations, TUG has helped so many in so many more ways then just cancellations. For those that have posted I would bet there are even more that cancelled because of TUG but never let TUG know.

I am proud to be part of TUG. It has been a great community to me not only in timesharing but in a personal way too. The Tugger community Rocks and is here and available because of you and your dads work. Thank You.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
I'm one of those people. Vacationed @ Westin Kierland and fell in love it with it. Sat in on the sales presentation and was clooooooose to signing. But then my nature kicked in & I told them "I will never make a purchase this large spur of the moment". Got home, did some research, found TUG and the rest is history. My re-sale purchases were not the best ( I wish I could re-do them) but all in all, I'm pretty happy and dodged a bit bullet buying from the developer. The main thing is that my timeshares have forced me to plan and take vacations -- something I wasn't so good at before.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Went to a Hyatt Highlands Inn presso, decided that I should have more info than what the sales weasel was providing, and found TUG. Needless to say, only purchases have been resale. Thank you TUG!

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Does it count if we ALMOST bought from HGVC, regretted passing it up, then found TUG and stopped regretting it???

Thanks TUG. If/when we buy it will only be resale thanks to you dudes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pcpete

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana
Diamond Hawaii Collection
Diamond western collection
I wish my Diamond Resorts contracts were part of that. We have spent over 14 months trying to dispose of them including “transitions”. DRI has played games, lied, mislead and delayed us every step of the way. We can’t even give them away because we can’t find anyone to take them. They are listed in the bargain basement forum here.
We are left with the choice of continuing to pay the maintenance or get our lawyer involved.
I will say that we did enjoy our ownership for a time, and as long as we didn’t question anything, things went well. Our experience soured over the constant phone calls trying to get us to go on a “free” trip to a sales pitch and being badgered at resorts until we went to meet with the “concierge”.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what was the reason that DRI wouldnt take it back under transitions? resale?

avad88

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes—good article. So thankful I found TUG years ago before buying our 1st timeshare (all resale) and educating myself through all TUG’s great articles. We made mistakes along the way, as timesharing has changed in the past 20 years, but we have vacationed often and well, and still do.
We recently gave away our summer week beach Diamond timeshare—-yay. We should have been able get something for it, but at this point, we are glad that we didn’t pay $1,000 to Diamond to take it back.

Pcpete

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana
Diamond Hawaii Collection
Diamond western collection
Update: I received notification this morning that they are going to accept our US Collection contract. That leaves us with our 8500 points in the Hawaii Collection. The issue centers around our having listed both contracts with a third party seller. We ended that business relationship in September and the advertising was taken down. I forwarded all of the relative emails to the displayed email address on the transitions web page. DRI somehow couldn’t seem to make the connections even though I put the contract numbers on every email. Two weeks ago we finally got someone to realize that the emails were getting “lost”, he provided a separate email address and forwarded the information. Even though the letter from the third party is very clear that the business relationship was ended for both contracts, they continue to have the flag on the Hawaii Collection. Now we have to figure out how to dispose of the Hawaii Collection without DRI getting confused again.
We purchased our first Timeshare at the Sands of Kahana 24 years ago and are reasonably happy. Our friends enjoy using it and we have been able to cover or maintenance in the years we have been unable to use it. The business strategy is more passive. We are welcomed, the activity desk gives us a welcome call, then they leave us alone and allow us to set our own pace.

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
I've feel fortunate as I have never attended a timeshare sales presentation, but I got interested in DVC because my girls are big Disney fans. I spent a lot of time reading on TUG and Disboards and folks like Dean and others provided some great perspective. I've acquired three resales since (DVC, Marriott and Vacation Villages) and have felt in control of the process the entire time thanks to TUG (I believe I have my addiction under control at this point :)). I was able to adopt my Marriott week off the bargain board and I received a lot of great advice on the Ebay Grandview points contract I bought. I really appreciate the community here and the willingness to provide respectful information. I stop in most days and feel like my TUG membership is the best $15 I spend on timeshares every year. Brian, you do good work here at TUG and you and your Dad have built an amazing community.