• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo questions

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure if I was better at searching the answers to all of these questions could be found but I also know how kind TUGGERS are about answering questions so here goes.
I have a 3 bedroom grand luxxe unit - what is in the kitchen? Oven/blender/easy for meals or not?
Free parking? Easy to access parking? Crazy idea to drive? (I drove in Mayan Riviera and Cabo area) Would like to go to Punta Mita and Bucerias. There will be 5 adults.
Recommended grocery stores? Liquor stores?

Joan

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
I can't respond to the Luxxe unit questions but just returned from a stay at the Grand Mayan NV a couple weeks ago.

There is a Walmart in Nuevo as well as a Walmart and Sams Club in PV. Its a 200 peso trip ~$11-12 US to PV. We bought some Sky vodka and Capt's rum and I think they were $10-12 each (5th). Walmart had a good selection of beer and liquor. Onsite there is a store that sells liquor but I've never priced it. The grocery items at the resort are more but for a few items not worth worrying about. The bell boys will bring up your groceries from the taxi location for you. Doesn't take very long.

Parking is valet and for a fee. It will take longer to leave the resort than a cab. We've never felt the need to rent a car so I'm uncertain of the cost. Taxi's are everywhere and relatively cheap. Parking in PV isn't easy either. If you do rent I would recommend searching other posts re: insurance in mexico.

Have fun.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I believe the 3 BR loft units have ovens; the other ones have a microwave, cooktop (burners), coffee maker, and blender. We didn't bother cooking in the room because the on site restaurants are decent and not all that expensive. Lots of good restaurants off the resort as well, though it's a bit harder to get there from NV. Oxxo is a common convenience type store and there are a few larger Mexican grocery stores that are cheaper than Walmart and Sams.

In the 3 BR GL units, they bring coffee on carts to the floor you're on, leaving the carts near the elevators at ~ 7:30. The carts have coffee, decaf coffee (why bother), and hot water for tea, as well as a collection of tea bags, sweeteners and half-and-half in those little tubs.

There are a couple of threads under the Mexico Timesharing forum that discuss how you can walk out of the resort near the Sea Garden to get to the bus stop to catch a bus to PV or to Bucerias, amongst other places. Haven't tried it yet myself, but the bus rides are dirt cheap and not too bad (based on my experiences with riding them from the Mayan Palace at the PV Marina.

Edit: This is one of the threads I mentioned:https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-pv-restaurant-recommendations-wanted.262853/. There are a couple of other threads that have more details on walking out.

cooperrose54

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kingsland, 2 BD Premier, Elite Member
Bay Club Waikoloa, Big Island, 2 BD
Grand Luxxe Penthouse Loft/3BD Spa Tower (Hybrid)
My husband and I have brought family to stay in a 2 bd and 3 bd Grand Luxxe Spa Unit on different occasions the past year. The 2 bedroom had a stove and microwave but no oven that we recall. The 3 bedroom had a stove, microwave and a toaster oven set in a cabinet shelf. The "oven" was not connected to electricity, so we took it out and placed it on a small end table to use. There is a coffee maker and blender. You should find enough pots, pans, and serviceware for the maximum number of people in the room. If not contact the concierge or housekeeping to ask them to bring the needed items. We prefer to cook in our room, occasionally eating off property or at the Taco bar in the Mercado. We have been able to saute, poach, fry and boil water to make rice, pasta, etc.

Before the Mercado was built, we would go to PV and buy groceries. I prefer to shop authentic Mexican stores because I like to explore, learn about and try local ingredients. The onsite market became our primary shop once open. The deli has wonderful cheeses, prepared meats and fresh ready to cook meat. The grocery has just about all a family would need for meal making- dairy, produce, sandwich bread, condiments, canned goods, juice and other beverages. We are from the NW and my son said the prices at the market, though probably more expensive than off property, are less than what he pays in the Seattle area. Factor in the cost and hassle of traveling off property and he was definitely okay feeding his younguns from the market. You will find a wonderful artisan/french style bakery, fancy desserts and candy shop plus a build your own frozen yogurt dish shop that is very popular. The liquor sold there is probably closer to US pricing than what you might see locally. IMHO the savings are found in buying South American wines like Chile or Argentina and common liquor brands. However, my fellas prefered to buy the ice filled bucket of beer from the pool staff.

I agree with others that a car in PV is not worth it unless you travel a lot off property and leave early. Cabs are reasonable and easy to get around. We enjoy going to PV and Bucerias. I have not yet tried the bus system. On the flip side, I would rent a car and have when staying on the Yucatan peninsula.

We have stayed at the Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe. We really enjoy the Luxxe, which is why we bought in. The staff is top notch and we have found waiter at the Luxxe pool that has become our favorite. Junior goes out of his way to make us comfortable and provides superb service.

Hope this information helps.

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmed II exchange for a 2 bedroom at GL NV in March 2018. The confirmation says "MSUITE". We will be 4 adults and 2 kids (5 and 8). I am wondering about the bed situation as I am hopeful no one will need to sleep in the living room area. My research indicates that some units have 2 beds in one bedroom, but sometimes it is a king bed in each bedroom. Also, sometimes I see a couch in one of the bedrooms, and sometimes there are chaise lounge things instead. Are the couches in the bedrooms hide-a-bed couches? If the room has only those chaise lounge things, can housekeeping make those into single beds for the kids? I have eplus so I've been checking for a 3 bedroom suite but nothing has popped up so far. Thanks for any info you might have.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Here's the description from the Vidanta web site:

A Grand Luxxe Master Suite

This beautiful space consists of two bedrooms with two king-size beds or one king-size bed and two double beds, two and a half bathrooms with two Jacuzzi tubs, a sprawling terrace with a private plunge pool, a gourmet kitchen, dining room, living area with a sleeper sofa, and three TVs.​

You'd probably be best off calling or emailing their customer service to let them know what your preference is for king-size beds or double beds. Their e-mail address is customerservice@vidanta.com. Phone numbers are:

1-800-292-9446 (US)
0-800-096-9367 (UK)
01-800-543-7044 (MEX)
0-800-025-8715 (BRAZ)
+52-322-176-1431 (OTHER COUNTRIES)

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Eric. I sent an email to customer service.