• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nuevo, Bucerias, PV - restaurant recommendations wanted

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at the Grand Luxxe,Nuevo in October. What are your favorite restaurants for lunch/dinner in the area--Nuevo, Bucerias, and PV? We like to eat where the locals eat--not fancy, not expensive, just good, reasonably priced food. Any cuisine is fine and especially a mexican restaurant with the best tamales or chili rellenos. We also like seafood, burgers, thai, etc. We probably won't eat at the restaurants on site unless you say there is a do not miss restaurant.

Thanks

cooperrose54

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kingsland, 2 BD Premier, Elite Member
Bay Club Waikoloa, Big Island, 2 BD
Grand Luxxe Penthouse Loft/3BD Spa Tower (Hybrid)
We are Grand Luxxe owners and we enjoy eating at Tacos Break, located on the third floor of the Market. Simply prepared but tasty small plates of tacos and other traditional dishes.
A restaurant we have enjoyed off property is Tino's La Laguna just outside the resort. They have a wonderful, grilled fish entre that can feed 2-4 people.
You can find some nice beach restaurants in Bucerias, a short taxi ride from the resort. We have not been disappointed yet.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We’ve done a couple of food tours down in PV with Vallarta Eats. They’ve got a taco tour that visits 5 or 6 taco stands on a walk through the old town area. As a tour, the cost was higher than just going yourself, but we enjoyed it and will do it again next time we’re down there. They’ve got a promo code for previous customers and friends for 15% off - ILOVEVALLARTA.

On the site (we own at Grand Luxxe, too), we like Chiringuitos for the octopus and mussel tapas at lunch. All the restaurants are good and sometimes it’s easier just staying on the compound rather than heading out.

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at the Grand Luxxe,Nuevo in October. What are your favorite restaurants for lunch/dinner in the area--Nuevo, Bucerias, and PV? We like to eat where the locals eat--not fancy, not expensive, just good, reasonably priced food. Any cuisine is fine and especially a mexican restaurant with the best tamales or chili rellenos. We also like seafood, burgers, thai, etc. We probably won't eat at the restaurants on site unless you say there is a do not miss restaurant.

Thanks

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love Eddie's Place in Nuevo. Amazing coconut shrimp. Also lots of fun restaurants on the beach in Bucerias.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Love Eddie's Place in Nuevo. Amazing coconut shrimp. Also lots of fun restaurants on the beach in Bucerias.

Joe Willy
the easiest way to get to Nueva Marina where Eddies is located is to walk down the beach from GL ( you can enter beach by Grand Mayan for a shorter beach walk ) - and then exit through Vidanta Sea Garden property .
Other good restaurants are in the NV Marina area .( Portobello for one )

( also -busses to Bucerias & PV across from OXXO - which is less than 100 yds from the Vidanta Sea Garden driveway )
Sun Market -part of Sea Garden will accept your room key / wrist band for charges - and there is also a Santander Bank ATM which is secure .

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also on property, we loved Epazote, Azur and Costa Arena, not particularly in that order. All three of those are in Luxxe or on that side of the resort complex. Tramonte in Grand Mayan was very rude and pretentious for the average quality of food we experienced.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. The recommendations are very much appreciated. Don't stop, I'd love to hear more recommendations.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
In Bucerias, we like Adatos. It is on the beach but pretty much at the end of the restaurant row away from the main flea market area.

In Nuevo, if you like steak, go to the Sonora Grill. It is a different environment, lots of fun, and the food is good. Hint: Pick the most expensive cut as thick as you want and you will still be amazed how inexpensive it is. You can also take your own wine if you want. You have to take a taxi there.

Mike

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Here are some of our favorites in Bucerias for dinner:
Indicated prices are actual credit card charges in US$ for our last one or two visits (Oct '16) when the exchange rate was approx 18 to 1. For us, the meal typically includes two entrees, salad and 2-3 drinks each.

Mark’s: A favorite of ours for a long time. Good food/atmosphere.($67/$65)

Mezzagiorno: New to us our last visit. Absolutely excellent. Italian. It's on the water. Best tables are down on the beach patio. Excellent food and service. A new favorite! This would be my number one recommendation ($58/$57)

Audanta’s on the Beach: Previous visits this was one of our favorites. The service sucked our last visit and food was merely average. It's also right on the beach. We'll try it again assuming we just hit them on a bad nite. ($60)

Yo Yo Mo’s: This is a sports bar in downtown Bucerias. Great for watching all sports – they have many satellite TV’s. Lots of Canadian ex-pats hang out here. I'll be there in a couple of weeks watching the Vikings beat on the Ravens :) They serve very good pizza. Good choice for a cheap easy meal for a down nite. Across the street is another bar called the Drunken Duck which has a nice outdoor area and often offers up live music.

FWIW

bbb

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
If you are able to navigate your way off the Vidanta property, walking just north of the Sea Garden is a place called Eddie's. Eddie's has a really good Spanish Coffee. There is also a place called Guido's that is walking distance from the Sea Garden.

Not too far away from Vidanta is the Fajuita Republic. Its a tourist dealio on the river. So so for food and I only go because friends like this place.

Bucerias has many restaurants from very local to very tourist. Been to many but I don't really like the food at any. I go for kicks and giggles. I like some of the places with live music. Yo Yo Moes is a good place to see a game. The Drunken Duck has live rock and is a fun place to hang out.

The really good seafood restaurants are in La Cruz. This is because of the large public fish market and fishing fleet at the La Cruz Marina. Frascati is in the marina and often requires a reservation. So do many of the restaurants at certain times. I like La Cruz for seafood. Some of the smaller restaurants will let you buy fresh fish at the market and then cook and serve. Freshest yellowtail in the area.

Really, as far as food goes, its hard to beat the many Vidanta offerings. I had sushi on property a few years back and it was excellent.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Here a a couple of local style locations that are on our "to do" adventure list for our next visit .

Across the Ameca River is - Boca de Tomates . There are a number of eating places showing on Google Maps .
Suggest the longer cab ride rather than swimming . You probably need to bring cash / pesos .

In the Las Jarredaderas behind Vidanta is Restaurante Titi's - it has decent Trip Advisor reviews / many in Spanish
There are probably other eating locations nearby .

One evening I bought great tasting home made tamales from a entrepreneur selling from a cooler by the OXXO near the Vidanta Sea Garden - 11 pesos each.
There are other "pop up " food locations in that area - that mostly sell to local workers ( including Vidanta workers getting off shift ).

The OXXO itself has a "taco" grill inside - basic / decent & reasonable .
Nice ladies working there.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. Love hearing about good tamales. My sister is going with us and tamales are her favorite. We will pick up some up.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I do not recommend Adriano's - located on the beach next to the main town plaza. Used to be good (not fantastic). When we ate there last February it had gone downhill. Food was mediocre, at best, and the service was terrible.

Apparently not just us. In the past when we have been there (always in February, a high travel period), there has always been quite a few people eating there and having drinks on the beach. This year I noted that there was hardly anyone there. And it was soon clear why people were staying away. Meanwhile, Fat Boy and Mariscos el Gordo, within shouting distance of Adriano's, were as busy as ever.

TacoTerry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Krystal Cancun, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Lake Chelan
For what it's worth, we stay at VDP Flamingos and visit the steak house/restaurant next door at VDP Estancia at least once a week(we stay for 3 weeks). We've had great meals, superior service, and it's so close to our place. Worth a try. When in doubt or you don't feel like going out, Domino's delivers!!
TacoTerry

DBS1968

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradise Village, 3 weeks
We were there in June. Went to Fat Boy Seafood on the beach in Bucerias... When I say on the beach, I mean the water took a chair away at high tide...lol
Lots of food, pretty good and reasonable.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm so appreciative of the recommendations. We are looking forward to trying them.

Fauxqui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandrina's and Karen's Place before the bridge in Bucerias. Always loved Adauto's on the beach. Miguel Angel on the square is good, too.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandrina's in Bucerias is one of our favourites.......cozy atmosphere, friendly staff and owner, great food