• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Meow

Reaction score
Spark1 - Bad mouthing our legal representation (and there is more than one lawyer involved) does little to improve our cause. The Courts view our case on strict commercial legal principles. Fairness and business integrity carry no weight.
We are simply victims of "caveat emptor".
I hope others will take our story into consideration before entering the sleazy and corrupt world of "Timesharing in Canada".

Spark1

Reaction score
Spark1 - Bad mouthing our legal representation (and there is more than one lawyer involved) does little to improve our cause. The Courts view our case on strict commercial legal principles. Fairness and business integrity carry no weight.
I hope others will take our story into consideration before entering the sleazy and corrupt world of "Timesharing in Canada".
I am not bad mouthing our Lawyer. Only in this business and politics can they waste our time and money and at the end of the day we still do not have Justice. I forgot how many years has this been going on? Please say something more useful like does the Trustee have the right to petition the Supreme Court and bypass our Lease Contracts. I have the right to freedom of speech just like the legal representation has the right to assess me. This case should of been over with years ago. We are only victims if we do not fight back and I will fight back.

Spark1

Reaction score
Understand there has been an agreement between Geldert Group and Northwynd. I'm not part of that group. I haven't paid this year and won't. Waiting to be sued. Still not paying. Final answer.
I call it senior abuse. I am saying this because the majority are Seniors but it will hurt every one. You buy a timeshare,you make maintenance payments which cover everything controlled by their managers every year and we owe them money ? Northmont go to hell you will never be done with me until l say you are done with me. I am over 70 and will not take shit from any one.

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was anyone at the Petition hearing yesterday, December 15th at the BC Court? I'd like to know what happened or at least what you were told about the Petition.

Geldert told us that in seeking a lower cost to exit from our VIAs, we could get a better deal by leveraging our 'ability' to oppose Northwynd's Petition to realign the Resort.

Geldert also told us that we would have input into any settlement he agreed to on our behalf. However, he didn't exactly say we'd have an opportunity to reject this agreement. I sought clarification from Geldert's office but did not get a response.

We now have an agreement. We don't know the details. We've not had an opportunity for input, as promised.

If we didn't oppose the Petition yesterday, then we no longer have any bargaining power. Right?

Spark1

Reaction score
Was anyone at the Petition hearing yesterday, December 15th at the BC Court? I'd like to know what happened or at least what you were told about the Petition.

Geldert told us that in seeking a lower cost to exit from our VIAs, we could get a better deal by leveraging our 'ability' to oppose Northwynd's Petition to realign the Resort.

Geldert also told us that we would have input into any settlement he agreed to on our behalf. However, he didn't exactly say we'd have an opportunity to reject this agreement. I sought clarification from Geldert's office but did not get a response.

We now have an agreement. We don't know the details. We've not had an opportunity for input, as promised.

If we didn't oppose the Petition yesterday, then we no longer have any bargaining power. Right?
That is not true. Do we have conditions for Northwynd,Do we have conditions for our Lawyer if he did not follow threw what he said he was going to do before you checked the little box, do we have a condo association? Do you feel it is a little one sided. There is a lot we can do like set up meetings with your Politions. Talk to Canadian Consumer Affairs and explain every thing to them eg. we have Vacation Villa Leases not agreements. Ask them how Vacation Villa Consumer Protection Agreements protects us. Do we live in Canada or do we live in Syria? It is Time that this Timeshare garbage is taken to a higher Court if we do not get Justice. Do you believe it is your responsibity to more then double pay maintenance fees for a company that got creditors Protection and now Northmont is putting the screws to us. Our Lawyer knows dam well what conditions we laid out for him to follow he had better follow them. What that means he better not try to sell us down the river. We have rights and I do not like to be treated like a criminal because we bought into a timeshare.

Reaction score
I agree Spark1. Lawyer has to consult with each of us before signing, it has to be a "fantastic" deal to not proceed to the Petition. There's no deal if we're simply getting a discount, even a big discount on all the fees and charges and interest that we legally never should have paid regardless. We fought this not to pay these crooks these made up capital costs that were not seriously to be used for the resort anyways...btw where did those fees go that people already paid? Exactly.

Why in the world would anyone accept a deal that isn't substantially below the original cost of their fabricated cancellation fee? I mean, after years of this, paying the legal fees, we're not going to pony up and line these crook's pockets. Geldert assured the group what deal he was going to get or no deal at all before this negotiation. He said we could trust him. We'll find out pretty soon.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmount
WOW!!!

Option 1 is going to cost a fortune for the fight group - guess a lawyer losing every real battle also makes them a pathetic negotiator.

Northwynd is getting the best Christmas present ever - not only are the people who decided to stand up screwed but so are the people who stayed as now there is nothing in the way to protect them from paying whatever management wants when they want it.

And to all a good night....

Spark1

Reaction score
WOW!!!

Option 1 is going to cost a fortune for the fight group - guess a lawyer losing every real battle also makes them a pathetic negotiator.

Northwynd is getting the best Christmas present ever - not only are the people who decided to stand up screwed but so are the people who stayed as now there is nothing in the way to protect them from paying whatever management wants when they want it.

And to all a good night....
This is a good example of Extortion. People do not fall for this. I will be meeting with our local Politician in the new year to go over this scam. Also set up meetings with the Justice Minister in your province. Our timeshare is a right to use Lease and at the end of the lease we do not own any property. Ask your Lawyer if this Trustee can legally Petition the Supreme Court. I do not see this any where in my Lease. This was the start of all this trouble. Do you feel that all the years you lost using your timeshare has cost you a lot of money then send them a bill. There is no law saying that you can not send them a bill. Also demand where they are coming up with their numbers. I will pay them nothing this is extortion and I am prepared to die to fight for my property and we did not have to extort other people to get it. Be strong and call their bluff. This is Senior Abuse at the best.

Reaction score
We’re were in our 20’s when we bought a timeshare terrace unit biennial for $10,000. We were sold by a slick salesman and promised cheap vacations every couple years for our $350 maintenance fee in the years of vacation. We were smitten by the mountains(having just moved to Alberta from Ontario) and look forward to bringing our then baby girl and future family. We went a couple years and then bought another biennial unit on the resale market for $4,000. We joked that we did get ripped off for the $10k originally considering what the resale market was.

Then the charade with the tripling of maintenance fees and then the scam of the RFP. I am so glad we never invested in their RRSP investment offering or Legacy for Life offering(we couldn’t have afforded it even if we wanted to). This was supposed to be a cheaper way to travel with the family. We have now lost years of vacationing and memories. We are in the thick of life with 3 kids and all their schooling and activity fees. They already got their money from us and more for the actual vacation time we had. We don’t even have the money to pay.

I will never, ever, ever pay these crooks.
Right is still right. Wrong is still wrong. This is a sophisticated con that has no value. They already got paid as far as I’m concerned. They got about $17,000 for 4-5 total weeks of vacation in a 2 bedroom unit that should have cost about $4,000 total with any Airbnb. I’d say they did pretty well.

Spark1

Reaction score
We’re were in our 20’s when we bought a timeshare terrace unit biennial for $10,000. We were sold by a slick salesman and promised cheap vacations every couple years for our $350 maintenance fee in the years of vacation. We were smitten by the mountains(having just moved to Alberta from Ontario) and look forward to bringing our then baby girl and future family. We went a couple years and then bought another biennial unit on the resale market for $4,000. We joked that we did get ripped off for the $10k originally considering what the resale market was.

Then the charade with the tripling of maintenance fees and then the scam of the RFP. I am so glad we never invested in their RRSP investment offering or Legacy for Life offering(we couldn’t have afforded it even if we wanted to). This was supposed to be a cheaper way to travel with the family. We have now lost years of vacationing and memories. We are in the thick of life with 3 kids and all their schooling and activity fees. They already got their money from us and more for the actual vacation time we had. We don’t even have the money to pay.

I will never, ever, ever pay these crooks.
Right is still right. Wrong is still wrong. This is a sophisticated con that has no value. They already got paid as far as I’m concerned. They got about $17,000 for 4-5 total weeks of vacation in a 2 bedroom unit that should have cost about $4,000 total with any Airbnb. I’d say they did pretty well.
There is a lot of sad stories out there. Look what happened to the Legacy For Life Owners. They were told that the buildings had to be inspected before they could sell this and that the buildings were in great shape and there was lots of money in those two accounts. Every one should see your politician and insist on having a investigation on these crooks. Also go after the minister of Justice and let them know all you had was a Lease and you lost the right to use because of this Trustee of the resort. Also get the government to go after Northmont to find out how they come up with these crazy prices and we have no one watching over them like a condo Association. This is not over yet. They are Fear Mongering

Reaction score
Well, what's the path look like for refusing to pay? They keep harassing you, they keep upping the amount and scaring you, you get a hit on your credit report....is that the situation? Is that how it plays out?

Geldert said you're not bound by this agreement even if you chose option 1, he said you could fire him as counsel and free of the agreement...well it seems you can just refuse the agreement and be free of it.

I was told we would each be individually consulted on the offer before it was agreed to. That's not what happened. The agreement was made and we were notified, ie. told what it was.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
I can only respond by saying I am extremely disappointed and hope that someday Kharma or whatever catches up to Wankel and the people who manage this fiasco. Shame on you !!!
Shame on the shady management company that bought a resort for cheap, did little to nothing to improve it and then give the illusion to want to make a go of it when we all know it is doomed to fail. Let's not kid ourselves the bulk of that money is not going towards the Resort itself. This venture was doomed to fail as soon as they took over. As soon as it happened and they started about the paying to stay or leave I wanted out.

The courts have once again been a disappointment. It does not appear as though they ever took into account the poor management practices of Sunchaser or the financial burdens this imposes on us all. What they have done is absolves Sunchaser of mismanagement and poor business practices and given them carte blanche to print money. What management company doesn't set aside monies for eventual repairs/maintenance? that get away with not providing annual statements? ....

As for our litigation group I can only be honest and say that I am extremely upset that we were made to believe that this could be appealed based on their initial messaging and positive language. I honestly viewed this group as standing up for the individuals to do the right thing and get some justice. I never expected to not have to pay anything but what is being suggested right now is ridiculous....

I assume, like us, that most of you were initially swayed into buying by the promise of "worry free" vacationing at a reasonable price, that it would be "something to be proud of for years to come" and allow us quality vacations with our families. Based on that what was there to lose? Worst case in years to follow we turn it in if we do not use it anymore and lose our $10,000+ "investment".
Fast forward a few years, maintenance fees have more than doubled, Platinum Club (which cost an additional $!00 year) folded, Interval fees (over $100/year for gold), lock off fee of $100+ and then.... when not using Fairmont putting our weeks into Interval which amounted to very little as the resort was low demand year round so very little exchange power for other resorts.
SO a week of holiday averages to about $2500/week. And during our last stay, more than 5 years ago, the room we stayed in was pitiful condition. SO MUCH for quality and affordability.

Today, after 2+ years later of litigation and not having used the resort since 2011 (given all the aforementioned)..... I will find myself having to pay $1000+ in legal fees as well as several more years of maintenance fees and accrued interest rather than having initially paid what these vultures and absolutely crooked management company wanted.

What reasonable person wouldn't be pissed. I have felt sick every time I have to deal with this matter and am incensed at the way this has concluded. Not sure I have ever been so angry or disappointed with something in my life. I am at a loss, I will now bite my tongue. I have said my piece and if it sounds like sour grapes and whining well it is and why wouldn't it be. I have NO idea where the money is going to come from to pay for this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Punter called it. What happened to the opportunity for Geldert's Group's members to provide input? What happened to Gelder's strategy of prolonging till they run out of cash? Why the rush to settle? What happened to the Petition before the BC Courts? If that ship sailed, we are all in big trouble. I threw good money after bad, paid to stay and am not part of Gelder's Group.

Lots of questions. Too many for Geldert's team to be considered to have done a good job communicating these complex issues. Not a legal opinion but, having been told you could provide input before it was finalized, at the very least, is misleading.

Geldert's Group doesn't yet know the terms of their agreement with Northwynd but has played their last card? How can that be a good negotiation? How does anyone know Northwynd will even honor any deal?

The bottom line is Northwynd and all their corporate reincarnations could not, cannot and will not operate a property to today's standards. Seems they rely on deception and act in bad faith. At some point, they will lose in court. In the meantime, they have the tens of millions they got from those who paid to leave, which wasn't passed onto the REIT investors nor did they inject that into the Property for the benefit of VIA-holders. Plus they'll have the tens of millions from Geldert's Group, although I don't know the actual math, I am making an assumption. They'll also continue to profit from those who paid to stay, and I hate to do that math.

Spark1

Reaction score
I can only respond by saying I am extremely disappointed and hope that someday Kharma or whatever catches up to Wankel and the people who manage this fiasco. Shame on you !!!
Shame on the shady management company that bought a resort for cheap, did little to nothing to improve it and then give the illusion to want to make a go of it when we all know it is doomed to fail. Let's not kid ourselves the bulk of that money is not going towards the Resort itself. This venture was doomed to fail as soon as they took over. As soon as it happened and they started about the paying to stay or leave I wanted out.

The courts have once again been a disappointment. It does not appear as though they ever took into account the poor management practices of Sunchaser or the financial burdens this imposes on us all. What they have done is absolves Sunchaser of mismanagement and poor business practices and given them carte blanche to print money. What management company doesn't set aside monies for eventual repairs/maintenance? that get away with not providing annual statements? ....

As for our litigation group I can only be honest and say that I am extremely upset that we were made to believe that this could be appealed based on their initial messaging and positive language. I honestly viewed this group as standing up for the individuals to do the right thing and get some justice. I never expected to not have to pay anything but what is being suggested right now is ridiculous....

I assume, like us, that most of you were initially swayed into buying by the promise of "worry free" vacationing at a reasonable price, that it would be "something to be proud of for years to come" and allow us quality vacations with our families. Based on that what was there to lose? Worst case in years to follow we turn it in if we do not use it anymore and lose our $10,000+ "investment".
Fast forward a few years, maintenance fees have more than doubled, Platinum Club (which cost an additional $!00 year) folded, Interval fees (over $100/year for gold), lock off fee of $100+ and then.... when not using Fairmont putting our weeks into Interval which amounted to very little as the resort was low demand year round so very little exchange power for other resorts.
SO a week of holiday averages to about $2500/week. And during our last stay, more than 5 years ago, the room we stayed in was pitiful condition. SO MUCH for quality and affordability.

Today, after 2+ years later of litigation and not having used the resort since 2011 (given all the aforementioned)..... I will find myself having to pay $1000+ in legal fees as well as several more years of maintenance fees and accrued interest rather than having initially paid what these vultures and absolutely crooked management company wanted.

What reasonable person wouldn't be pissed. I have felt sick every time I have to deal with this matter and am incensed at the way this has concluded. Not sure I have ever been so angry or disappointed with something in my life. I am at a loss, I will now bite my tongue. I have said my piece and if it sounds like sour grapes and whining well it is and why wouldn't it be. I have NO idea where the money is going to come from to pay for this.
Always remember we have a Lease and we do not own any property. Ask them to prove that this property is registered in your name at Land Titles in Victoria. Ask them if it is legal for the Trustee,what a name,crook would be better to petition the Supreme Court to do this? THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM HERE NO ONE HAS PROVED TO ME HE CAN DO THIS? I have asked our Lawyer this and he will not answer me. Let’s all lay a law suit against him. Some one will have to answer this question. We only have a Lease just like a car Lease. This Trustee updated his Trust Agreement to 2010 but I will demand that we go back to 2001 and 2002. When we bought there was no mention of a Trust Agreement and they will have to prove to me that this is legal what he did. Do not lay down and do nothing go after Service Alberta or Protection BC and demand that their investigators check this out completely. All of us must insist on the job discription of this Trustee. The Trustee can not do this,there was no mention of this when we bought, because if there was we would not of purchases this timeshare. This now involves Consumer Affairs and lets make them earn their money. This Trustee has talked about being charged and let’s make it happen.

Spark1

Reaction score
This is definitely my last post. I have to say, what a Christmas Present we received from Northmont and the lawye we use to belong too. We can fall for this if you believe that Judges and Lawyers can force you to accept this Special Assessment or this Cancellation Agreement where you pay and you are never released until they say you are and that might be never. Our X lawyer never could tell me if any of the Lease owners were ever released from the resort. He could never tell me if this wonderful Trustee had the right to Petition the Supreme Court of BC. We never received a trust agreement and Collin Knight never talked about it or did our sales lady. Remember every one we are consumers and we know what we bought,we do not need lawyers or Judges to tell us how to interpret lease documents. I ask myself why did maintenance fees work just fine when Collin Knight owned the resort,i know we are all Northmont's bank, so they think. Have you noticed that Northmont ,the lawyers and the judges involved in this case could care less what we paid up front. Lets remind them that we are consumers again and we paid hard earned cash for this product and we had no problem using that product until the end of the Lease. Northmont took the right to use away from us because we would not fall for this bogus cancellation fee or this Special Assessment. We have a Vacation Villa Lease and maintenance fees covered every thing. I can not tell any one what to do because i am sure Northmont's people are also on this site. What i can tell you we already set up a date to have a meeting with our politician for our area early January 2018. We will also set up a meeting with the Justice Minister in the new year to let her know that timeshare is a product that is for sale and we are consumers and we will go after Service Alberta. We also feel this is Extortion or Corporate Fraud. Can you imagine by buying a Timeshare and now Northmont can nail us with $16000.00 or what ever they want for each week if you want to cancel WOW. We never had a problem with Collin Knight. So why did Northwynd take over this resort? You know why. The job i have now will be working with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Scams and fraud division. I have to do all my own investigating for them and move all the information to them. If you are a Timeshare Lease owner and feel you are being extorted or this is Fraud you also can do this. This might also work for co-owners. I will be emailing documents to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. If you phone them they will ask you for all the info about you like email etc. They will also give you a file number and their email address where to send documents. I was also told not to pay any money and to contact your Local RCMP which i will be doing. CANADIAN ANTI-FRAUD CENTRE at 1-888-495-8501 I will not be in a hurry to send documents until i receive all the documents from Northmont and i will diffently be sending the MLT AIKINS WESTERN CANADA's LAW FIRM being the TRUSTEE email. AFTER i read Northmont's collection efforts my wife and i would of ended up being street people if we had gone along with this. I will save all my emails they will come in handy. To us this is all about money and we are every ones bank. I hope this helps.

dotbuhler

Reaction score
You are only a victim if you choose to let them victimize you. Rolling over and giving up is not in my blood. The courts are only one means of fighting back, and, if it gets that far, a court ordered "judgement" is just a piece of paper. There is no civil rights battle that did not involve horrific injustices along the way. BUT perseverance, determination and courage will carry us through.

J's Garage

Reaction score
realizing that this may just do no more than offer some protection against "judgement" costs continuing to spiral away.

Not sure what the revised statements of claims would be able to include

dotbuhler

Reaction score
If anyone here is a client of the Geldert Law litigation group and not a member of the Facebook "secret" group and would like to join the group please send me a private message either here through this site or on Facebook (Truth Renaissance).
Remember what JFK had to say about "secret" groups, "...the very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society..."

CleoB

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while and just wondering......Spark1 have you received any feedback from Darren Thomas of Service Alberta?

servemeout

Reaction score
After getting the latest update, I read the Fair Practice Act. The following is taken from the Act "
Cancelling agreement 7(1) A consumer may cancel at no cost or penalty to the consumer a consumer transaction, whether written or oral, that was entered into by the consumer and a supplier who engaged in an unfair practice regarding the consumer transaction, whether the unfair practice occurred before, during or after the time when the consumer transaction was entered into, and in addition the consumer is entitled to any remedy that is available at law, including damages. (2) Where a supplier has been found to have engaged in an unfair practice, any consumer who entered into a consumer transaction that was subject to the unfair practice with the supplier who engaged in the unfair practice may cancel the consumer transaction at no cost or penalty to the consumer. " This sounds like this may apply to us. At the time we purchased we paid over $18,000 which was paid over 7 years. The document we signed was titled Vacation villa Lease. Why would anyone pay almost the original purchase price for something they can not use and is now worthless. We will follow up with Service Alberta and the Ministers' office after the holidays. We agree to nada, ratero. We need to fight for ourselves.

KGB_527

Reaction score
This is just a joke. Lawyer bringing this type of deal after 5 years of trying. Isn't this crazy? Should there be some baseline of going into this negotiations, that he should have known he CANNOT cross??? I can understand, that having pretty big group is difficult to ask everyone, what are they going to take for the deal. So, this why %% - percentage should have been there before going forward with the process. If the ZERO was not what he was aiming for, then he should have been told that 74% will not fly with pretty much anyone in this group. What a f...ing waste of time and money. Does he know what is he doing??? Does he know who is paying his bills? Does he know that after ~ 5 years of trying this is insulting to me, to bring such a deal forward, and say this is a good deal. Out of the group of over 1000 people, will there be anyone agreeing with him? If not, then what is he going to do? Paying the settlement out of his own pocket. Or may be, get a Go Fund me page going. This is not funny at all, but what is next for us the members, that will not comply with the deal he entered into without our final consent.
What is going to happened with him??? The total neglect of the process, that he should have known better, is bad for our relationship, and leave us in "interesting" predicament, but also puts him in a very difficult position with everyone involved. What do you guys think??? I am drinking again. It is Christmas Season, and New Year 2018 is just few days away. Cheers to everybody, and Happy New Year 2018.
Staying positive, and still sober.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmount
Whether you were part of the litigation group or are still enjoying your time at the resort there has been a lot of things decided that people will have to live with from these proceedings. If you ever draw that line in the sand in deciding it is time to part ways with your timeshare, ask yourself:

1. Will you actually be able to get out

2. If you can exit, how costly will it be

3. Remember the resort management plays the legal game to win (kind of like World of Warcraft – have a comprehensive plan, play strategically, and look for an opponent’s weakness and manipulate it)

4. The presiding judges interpret legal arguments and their decisions made have been done around the ability to reach a conclusion based on legal president, evidence, and facts – present a case the way that is expected and leave the surprises at the door, emotion and poor case presentation doesn’t = winning (a judge is not there to do a lawyers job)

The contracts have:

· no exit provision other than the term and Legacy of Life is in perpetuity (for ever and ever)

· the resort management can change the contract or do another assessment at any time – it doesn’t take much to validate this and most of the rebels will be culled shortly

· the timeshare is worthless so no one is going to ever buy or want to inherit it so how much will it cost to have the resort management buy it – from what I read the going figure to dump it today is about $16,000 for someone who is all paid up. Good luck in the future, the resort management will not need it and does not want it – it’s a liability not an asset.

Just recently in talking with members of this litigation group, there is a lot of things that don’t make sense and come to the conclusion the lawyer is either:

· done with the group (game over) and has figured out the gravy train and groups good will is at an end perfectly coinciding with the next bigger client (suckers) out of the US who see a knight in shining armor and hearing of great wins and exploits through successfully negotiated a great release settlement for their existing clients). Having a delay now may impede on collection of fresh retainers

· not sure, is this no clue, arrogant, or incompetent. Why not just focus on actually negotiating a settlement right out of the gate like the lawyer’s clients have instructed (maybe there was, and it wasn’t shared – who knows) instead of abandoning and not presenting key evidence at trial, pissing the judge off, killing key negotiation chips, prejudicing individual clients for what has proven to be a very flawed approach, and not reading Negotiating For Dummies 101. Reading the transcripts from super conferences to trials there has been so many breadcrumbs provided by judges you would think a follow-up strategy / roadmap would present itself for a economical solution by following the advice of these learned people who clearly are not the litigation groups lawyer / strategist but nevertheless provided a trail as they could see the righting on the wall and pending injustice.

· Some are even suggesting collusion – haven’t seen direct evidence to support this but there has been a lot of suggestions it’s out there

Insult to injury – next the lawyer will inform everyone all the collected trust money is used up and will hit the trough up one more time to process all those huge settlement tabs and prepare the individual statement claims (or more than likely there will not be time for this as there is the new retainers to attend to so delegating tasks to discredited individuals may be more efficient and just manage efforts)

· Ever wonder how much has been collected in the trust and has it been administered correctly and prudently – wonder how accurate the bouncing litigation group member figure is and if all have paid all the retainers

· Can this lawyer actually do the things properly to get a final release (so far way more losses than wins on the lawyer’s track record) or will the lawyer screw up again and allow people to be stuck with their timeshare after paying all that money out (at that point everyone needs a guarantee) – this might be an interesting strategy, if everyone is forced to pay their full invoice they are entitled to start using their timeshare again – will there be units available to use

· Why are proceedings like the petitions that would see the resort torn apart (that also act as negotiation chips) all ready being abandoned, what’s going to happen with the two appeals that have been filed – nothing is a done deal

· Its my understanding when appeals have been filed in Alberta and BC for the most recent trials the lawyer must request and pay for transcripts – has the litigation group members seen these recent transcripts to review the lawyers performance at these trials and get insight as to why the judge is pissed at the lawyer (might have to do with res judicata and surprise motions) as the litigation trust paid for them

· Bet there is a tone of wasted research paid for by the litigation groups trust for things like how can a class action be achieved – unfortunately research like this needs a client who can benefit from it but if the lawyer has tainted all the exiting clients who actually stand to benefit from a future action as there is a good chance the existing trust clients cannot benefit from it so has this been a waste of money or is there another agenda that this group paid for

The best way to keep clients from demanding results is to keep them segregated and fearing being abandoned to fend for themselves (kind of like what bullies do) – do members of this litigation group ever feel this way? Are conversations censored and manipulated, is there a feeling of being monitored, has it been said that the individual knowledge is dangerous as the individual cannot be trusted just in case they are a spy or will say something to blow up the whole case (guess it wouldn’t have mattered – how much worse could the litigation group members have made it if they spilled the non-existent beans a couple of years ago). Enough is enough – all the rules were followed and now everyone is a big loser and in hind site probably would have been cheaper to go it alone but going this far there is only one thing to do, start questioning what has happened without worrying about repercussion (really what can be done at this point to make it worse) and start communicating and sharing – time to force accountability.

My bet is litigation members are being segregated for a reason and been appeased for years by being satisfied hearing that a settlement was around the next corner but all that is consistent is a request for another retainer and advice not to rock the boat, stay the coarse as every member matters as the numbers are what counts so sticking together benefits everyone – it’s always someone else’s fault for the failed negotiations!!

Has anyone actually been involved with providing direct input and not just played to think their voice matters – was there actually a road map and who has been driving this group? Are there members of the litigation group who don’t have an ulterior motive like taking over the resort who are the inner circle or better yet, is there still an inner circle of people who are timeshare owners?

So how many people have been betrayed – what happened to the promise of an individual review of the offer to settle before any hard and fast decision is made as promised twice in written correspondences and verbally. Seems anyone who was forced into choosing either option now sees they have made a terrible decision because of trust, manipulation, and coercion (remember protecting your rights made you an outcast of the group and would result your banishment). Having no input in such a life impacting choice is wrong or being abandoned and vulnerable as you were made to believe because you disagreed with the dictatorship option was not a choice at all.

Looking back there is many cases of manipulation all with the premise to benefit the group but did they – the most resent manipulations are to provide a smoke screen to set the lawyer up to show it is the will of the group or let the mavericks fend for themselves (hopefully everyone who became a maverick knows about what the lawyer on record must provide clients who are parting ways (pretty much a copy of everything) and the parting of the ways has been done procedurally correctly or if not, they are still part of the litigation group as the judge clearly stated the matter needed to be dealt with as a whole and not individually at this stage of the proceedings).

The judge gave direction for three options to be followed for the two sides to come to an arrangement and if talks fail they would progress from 1 to 2 and finally to 3:

1. Mutually (this is as far as the lawyer made it before throwing in the towel) – just curious, did any member of the litigation group attend and consent or was this just what the lawyers decided?

2. Arbitrated (could be binding or non-binding) by neutral 3rd party – sounds fair enough

3. The judge would hear submissions and decide everyone’s fate

Does the lawyer even know what they have committed individual clients too? Maybe not – here is an estimated real-life example as no real information has actually been passed on to affected parties as of yet so individuals need to assume and are braising for the worst

· Get the 2018 statement for an annual + biannual prime that is in arrears for about $32,000 as it probably hasn’t been paid since the start as recommended by the lawyer which comprised of the original renovation fee for all building to be renovated, yearly maintenance, and lots of interest at 26% and add-in say a 20% ($6400) resort manager fee to relieve you of your liability (timeshare) brings you to just shy of $40,000

· So let’s say there are 1000 people that will be settling – quick math = $40.000,000 (right off the bat that means $6,400,000 goes to the resort manager, wonder how much of the other $33,000,000 will end up staying in the resort as now the VIA contracts are worthless as the resort manager now can change them to suite itself the majority holder)

What can be done

1. Express your concerns to your lawyer

2. Contact the presiding judge (remember be respectful – they have done their job properly)

3. Contact provincial law society (again be respectful, look up the rules, provide supporting documentation to your claims, and summarize your grievances along with how your lawyer has failed to meet the Code of Conduct all lawyers are professionally bound too)

FYI – complaining to your lawyer may get you a generic email response indicating to suck it up if you chose an option originally or invite you to leave (which by the way is not really an option because of the lawyer on record thing and judges directions to get this resolved as a whole not individually).

I am definitely not a lawyer so I cannot offer legal advice but be cautious what you post in open forums – be happy to hear from you if you have something you want to say more directly, send me an email if you like back123@shaw.ca

My intent is to ignite communications which I expect will come in many forms from positive to hostile and hope other people also exercise their right to question recent developments and send a resounding UNACCEPTABLE message down whatever route you are most comfortable with.

I no longer want to be isolated!!!

dotbuhler

Reaction score
Remember, YELP is posting Lawyer reviews, for a starter.The Provincial Law Review process is available to each and everyone, as well, at no cost to you. Being vocal is our best recourse at this point.