• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FSP Fee?

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just reading some threads on here and I came across a post that said something about an FSP fee based up on the # of points owned. What is this? How much does it typically run, and is it in addition to MFs and property taxes? I'm looking to buy some Wyndham points on Ebay and I want to be informed before I do. Thanks!

garmich

Reaction score
I was just reading some threads on here and I came across a post that said something about an FSP fee based up on the # of points owned. What is this? How much does it typically run, and is it in addition to MFs and property taxes? I'm looking to buy some Wyndham points on Ebay and I want to be informed before I do. Thanks!

The FSP is the FairShare Plus Program Fee. Here is an excerpt from the Members' Directory:

"The Program Fee is determined annually by the FairShare Plus Board of Directors on a pro-rata basis based on the number of points assigned to each Member. The fee is used to pay the operating and administrative expenses, such as personnel, member services, telephone and computer systems, Members' Directories and updates, the Plan Manager fee, annual audits and other related expenses."

This fee is in addition to the Property Owners' Association Maintenance Fee (MF) and Property Tax.

garmich

Reaction score

In 2008, the FSP rate was $0.52 per 1,000 points.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2008, the FSP rate was $0.52 per 1,000 points.

It is the fee to maintain the internal system and give you free external exchange membership fee.

There are 3 level
from 0 to 154k
from 154k to 300k
300k and above.

And depends on if you get plus partner (will add some cost) or not

The current fee structure is
105.5 86.82
.68 per 1000 .56 per 1000
.52 per 1000 .50 per 1000

Jya-Ning

Last edited:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok now i understand what FSP fee's are...I from what i gather...my bill at the end of the year(If paid annually) will include the MS's, FSP fee,and if in florida Property Taxes....Are there other Taxes and/or fee's tacked onto this? What are they?

Generally after paying the annual fees...How much do you budget for other resort type fees(Not food, recreation) like taxes, housekeeping, other(What are the other?)

I'm within the research phase of buying...and want to make sure i don't Overextend my points purchase by not included all(or atleast the regular) incidentals

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok now i understand what FSP fee's are...I from what i gather...my bill at the end of the year(If paid annually) will include the MS's, FSP fee,and if in florida Property Taxes....Are there other Taxes and/or fee's tacked onto this? What are they?

Generally after paying the annual fees...How much do you budget for other resort type fees(Not food, recreation) like taxes, housekeeping, other(What are the other?)

I'm within the research phase of buying...and want to make sure i don't Overextend my points purchase by not included all(or atleast the regular) incidentals

Florida tax bills are not in your end of year bill. They are sent separately.