• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2006 thread] Global Vacation Network

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this "club"? A friend of mine went to a presentation last night and bought a $6,000. package. I've never heard of it and don't know where they get their resorts. ALso part of the package is being able to buy wholesale goods. They advertise themselves as a timeshare group.

Black Diamond

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I 5 stars in GVN

I own 5 stars in GVN

1 star = 1 bedroom off season
2 star = 2 bedroom off season or 1 bedroom peak season
so on and so on

3 stars or more for peak and 2 -3 bedroom

Annual fee =$489

Unlimited weeks of short notice rentals at $189= 1br
$269=2br

I did not pay near $9000 for mine

Last edited:

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Check here first:

http://www.globalvacationnetwork.com/index.html

In the text of some of the pages, it mentions Global Connections (a T/S management company: (And the pictures are the same in many cases)

http://www.globalconnectionspropertymgmt.net/

It appears he may have purchased the right to use some of the resorts Global Connections manage....but thats a guess. Maybe they sold him a HOA week at of the resorts?

Is there a fee like a maintance fee? Will he have to pay anything to use the resorts? If so...it might be a vacation club, no ownership of anything, and if he has to pay to stay....I hope its less than others can rent the place for....

Others may have more info. I searched to see if the Mantus name (see post on TS GLOBE) would come up on these sites. No.....

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Black Diamond said:
I own 5 stars in GVN
so on and so on
annual fee =$489
unlimited weeks of short notice rentals at 189= 1br
269=2br

I'm curious to know if they actually own weeks at any of thier resorts and just where they get the those weeks.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Whether this company is worth what they charge is for you to decide. However, to get some negative perspective, Google "Global Vacation Network" (with the quotes) and scam.

To be fair, many legitimate companies would have negative comments if you did a similar Google search for them.

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave M said:
Whether this company is worth what they charge is for you to decide. However, to get some negative perspective, Google "Global Vacation Network" (with the quotes) and scam.

To be fair, many legitimate companies would have negative comments if you did a similar Google search for them.

Thanks Dave, I found that to be very interesting.

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Black Diamond said:
I own 5 stars in GVN
so on and so on
annual fee =$489
unlimited weeks of short notice rentals at 189= 1br
269=2br

Have you had success in using the resorts, in regards to availability?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Global Network Presentation

I went to a presentation in VA two weeks ago. What got me was the presenter first introduced himself as a Christian and that he could not lie. Then he told half truths throughout the whole hour. I was amazed by folks signing up for 9K plus fees and having no idea which resorts they would be staying at. Never did they give us a list of their resorts. I figured they would take your money and fill in their resort list later whether you liked the resorts or not. There was nothing to stop them for doing this. I continue to be amazed at what folks will do to be rid of their timeshares. One of the couples who bought in our group had an off season Masanutten week and they couldn't get rid of it. He never promised he would sell it, but he strongly intimated he would. I know that they do not take these weeks since, when they found out I know a little about timesharing, they started to court me to take over timeshares for their owners. They said they don't get involved with timeshare sales but in the presentation they said they might.

Last edited:

LC51

Reaction score
Global Connections

I have been a member of Global Connections for 1 year now. My husband and I have traveled to three different locations with them. It seems a good method of obtaining personalized help is to establish a travel agent with whom you can do all your reservations. You become acquainted with them and they with you. Our accommodations have been nice, and once we were working with a specific agent we have found it easier to obtain the type of resort we for which we were looking. Global Connections is affiliated with other timeshare companies and and switch "inventory" in many locations to find you a place to stay. One trip took some negotiations, but when the proper accommodations were located they worked great!

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of Global Connections for 1 year now. My husband and I have traveled to three different locations with them. It seems a good method of obtaining personalized help is to establish a travel agent with whom you can do all your reservations. You become acquainted with them and they with you. Our accommodations have been nice, and once we were working with a specific agent we have found it easier to obtain the type of resort we for which we were looking. Global Connections is affiliated with other timeshare companies and and switch "inventory" in many locations to find you a place to stay. One trip took some negotiations, but when the proper accommodations were located they worked great!

See what happens when you bring a thread back from the dead, shills (like zombies) are sure to follow.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
The zombie shill was the resurrector. I am on my way to sign up.:rofl:

Now I'm wondering what a shill emoticon would look like. Any ideas?

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I didn't notice that. We need a zombie(shill) graveyard. Someplace where we can send these threads never to see the light of day again.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope anyone reading this thread resurected by that Shill will see this--

Global Connections does not trade in your timeshares for you..What they do is hold on to them and wait until the recission period is over before informing you they cannot sell your timeshare. I know, they wanted me to do the procrastinating for their customers. They originally asked me to sell the timeshares their owners didn't want but then when I saw the quality of timeshares I was getting I knew there was no chance that I could sell any of them.

When I told Global that there was no chance of finding a buyer for the timeshares their potential buyers offered me they told me to keep their prospects on the hook until the 6 days (or whatever number is legal) had passed.

Whenever someone called me I told them I was NOT affliated with Global and that they would be better off giving their timeshare away to relatives or using it themselves. I told them to run not walk away from the deal. Some people believed me, in fact most did, but many believed Global's lies and stayed under contract. Finally, the company figured out what I was doing and stopped giving my number and email out. Thanks goodness.

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
GVN

Global Vacation Network was our first taste of timeshare/condo vacations. We purchased our contract in 2003. Nothing works for everybody or maybe even most people, but it has worked very well for us.
We have found the down side to be that reservations can not be changed/canceled after they are confirmed, guest fees are $200 and, some at some resorts GVN units are treated different than others (midweek linen changes not every day, small issues).
With that said we have taken some very nice vacation through GVN and they opened our eyes to timeshares.
We have been to; Mayan Palace Riviera Maya, Scottsdale villa Mirage, Capistrano Ca (name of resort escapes me), South Padre Island, our daughter used 2 weeks in Spain while she was studying in Canes, France (we still are not sure how hard she was studying) and our favorite Pono Kai, Hi.
Our second trip was to Pono Kai. We felt it might be a one time availability so we bought a week because we liked it so well, especially the location. We have been pleasantly surprised that we have been able to get 2 weeks ocean front every year, either for ourselves, friends or family ( family including; children, siblings or parents, do not have to pay guest fees).
We can do 2 weeks every year for $725/year.
We have continued to purchase timeshare weeks where we like to travel. We mostly rent them to family or friends (there are many people afraid of timeshare) or if there’s a location we want to be on a certain date (like Scottsdale during Barret Jackson Auction or Pono Kai for New Years).
This is long enough. I will be glad to field any questions. I am sure most will be skeptical but I am not affiliated with GVN except as happy client.

deejay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry...

Sorry, but I've never seen anything from a travel club that either my timeshares, RCI or II couldn't do much better and usually for a lot less money.

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've never seen anything from a travel club that either my timeshares, RCI or II couldn't do much better and usually for a lot less money.

I am very happy you have a portfolio that works for you. No system works for everyone. I use many different programs including; RCI weeks and points, SFX and GVN. They all have advantages/disadvantages. I saw GVN getting blasted (as these forums tend to do). And I thought I would share my experience and point out there are other alternatives for the people who these other systems do not work for. There are programs people can take advantage of that do not require annual fees if not used and do not require finding a sucker when it is time to exit.

Discindude

Reaction score
GVN supporter

I have been a GVN member since 2000. As with any timeshare one will run across bumps in the road from time to time but I have had great success with booking fun getaways through them since we started to utilize them. We have used their cruise exchange, the condo rentals and their buying club.

Its a little different than a true timeshare where you 'own' a week somewhere. You have more flexibility on time, and by using the various timeshare exchanges you pretty much have your choice of locations.

We've been to Banff, Steamboat Springs, Idaho Falls, Door County, St Martin, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and am working on a cruise-for-a-week with a puddle jumper plane ride to an island for another week immediately afterward right now... :wave:

StevenSchenck

Reaction score
Global OK, but Free vacation a fraud

I bought a Global Discovery pack and it was fine, used it once and it was OK.

They gave us a cert. for a free vacation in HI or Mexico, but when we tried to book it they took a $200 deposit, which would be returned.

After two months they came back and said no FREE vacations could be used, but I must pay $350 to get the vacation because nothing Free was available.

YES THIS IS FRAUD, calling it anything else is insulting -

As I said, the package we bought seems to work well, but the certificate for a free vacation is just a dam fraud and people should fight them as I will, on the net and going to my local District Attorney for a good fight.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been a GVN member since 2000. As with any timeshare one will run across bumps in the road from time to time but I have had great success with booking fun getaways through them since we started to utilize them. We have used their cruise exchange, the condo rentals and their buying club.

Its a little different than a true timeshare where you 'own' a week somewhere. You have more flexibility on time, and by using the various timeshare exchanges you pretty much have your choice of locations.

We've been to Banff, Steamboat Springs, Idaho Falls, Door County, St Martin, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and am working on a cruise-for-a-week with a puddle jumper plane ride to an island for another week immediately afterward right now... :wave:

I didn't realize there was a timeshare in Idaho Falls? :ponder:

xertus

Reaction score
I have a membership and its great

I've only used my membership once, but It was a GREAT experience. Its the first time in my life I've ever traveled, I bought this program thinking I would travel.

I will say this, just like anything else they were extreamly high presure sales, and were dilligent about making sure you left with spending something. I spent 3200$ total, and received a two star program, that allows me to take two weeks a year.

Compared to whats out there in regards to time share type stuff, it was actually a very affordable package, with the option to add a week for 1K to my program at anytime within 5 years of the date of purchase. Im actually currently saving to purchase 2 more stars to perminatly have on my program since I enjoyed my first vacation to Hawaii.

If you have any questions about my experience don't hesitate to contact me.

Chris

I ALSO would like to note, the free vacation gimic to get you in the door is fraud, I've been on the phone, via email you name it, never got my vacation, and I never got my 100$ back!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sure is amazing how these first time posters show up in the same kinds of threads...and are never heard from again.

DrMurdoc

Reaction score
Global Discovery Vacations

So I bought a 2 day stay in Ormand Beach for 50 bucks off of sweetjack. When I got there it ended up being a Global Discovery Vacations pitch. I was told if you attended a brief meeting they would refund the 50 and upgraded me to a nice beach front room. So I said ok.

:wall: It was painful and two hours. They acted as if they where doing me a favor by offering me this deal. I did ask for a list of properties and they never produced any. They only named places. So after high pressure from multiple managers they finally let me go.

Not sure if it was worth it but luckily I did not get scammed. I have searched this site and I like the idea of renting another persons timeshare. Might do another timeshare pitch if I have time to kill and I don't have to put any money down to attend for a free room.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
So I bought a 2 day stay in Ormand Beach for 50 bucks off of sweetjack. When I got there it ended up being a Global Discovery Vacations pitch. I was told if you attended a brief meeting they would refund the 50 and upgraded me to a nice beach front room. So I said ok.

:wall: It was painful and two hours. They acted as if they where doing me a favor by offering me this deal. I did ask for a list of properties and they never produced any. They only named places. So after high pressure from multiple managers they finally let me go.

Not sure if it was worth it but luckily I did not get scammed. I have searched this site and I like the idea of renting another persons timeshare. Might do another timeshare pitch if I have time to kill and I don't have to put any money down to attend for a free room.

Welcome to TUG. Some people here, like me, will not waste one minute of my vaca time to attend any presentation. Others like the perks and go as often as they can.

You can learn everything there is to know about timeshares right here on TUG, no need to subject yourself to abuse.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never seen a post resurrected over 8 years - At least the most recent "arrival" had honorable intentions - Welcome to TUG

DrMurdoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome to the site. Just thought I would warn people about the company.