• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New affiliate: The Explorean Kohunlich, Mexico

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
From the August Inside Track:

Olé! Announcing Our Newest Club Affiliated Resort

Exploring the colors of Mexico is even easier now that The Explorean Kohunlich (http://www.theexplorean.com) is officially a Club affiliated resort.

Nestled in the lush, natural setting of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, this unique, all-inclusive resort offers an appealing collection of activities for adrenaline seekers or a relaxing haven for guests preferring a subdued escape from everyday life.

All Members may now request reservations within the standard Club reservation window or use the Open Season cash option to visit this amazing resort.

For Members with Elite status, a priority reservation window for reservations up to 365 days in advance of check-in has been established, and you may use Bonus Points as payment for the daily fee associated the inclusive elements of the resort.

Bungalows: Starting at 3,400 ClubPoints for a 7-night stay

Cabanas: Starting at 5,000 ClubPoints for a 7-night stay
Nightly stays are available; Three-night minimum.
Contact a Club Counselor at 800-932-4482 for additional information or to request your reservation today.

Check out the web site; it looks wonderful! It doesn't have many units, so I'm guessing it'll be tough to book.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This looks like a great place to get away and relax. When my kids get a little older, the misses and I can do a get away to this TS. (i.e have the kids stay at Grandma house)

This TS is definitely for couples only. The rooms are not design to accommodate no more than 2 people, even in the Cabanas. You would have to get 2 rooms for a family of 4, which is not bad 6800 to 10000 pts. Also, they recommend that the youngest guest be 14 yrs or older.

There are only 38 Bunglows and 2 Cabanas. I wonder how many current owners will jump aboard the HGVC club so that there will be enough inventory in the system, where non-owners will get a good chance of getting reservation 9 mths out. Especially the Cabanas. If I went there I would most likely want to stay in the Cabanas.

All in all, this place has spark my interest. Would love to see some Aztec ruins and walk around the jungles of Mexico.

Last edited:

i39249

TUG Member
Reaction score
Website looks nice

Please note:

A daily fee of $75 USD per person (adults
and minors) will be charged to cover the cost
of one scheduled activity per day, all meals
and beverages and ground transportation
from Chetumal’s airport; payment will be
required at check-out. Club Members with
Elite status may use Bonus Points towards
the payment of the daily fee.

$75 X 2 = $150 / day X 7 days = $1050 extra per couple / week.
For one activity included and all food and beverages, not too shabby.

Definitely worth looking into.

Anyone been there ?

annenp

Reaction score
all inclusive too.....

Last edited:

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is this place located? How far is this from Cancun?

Tabascoone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Looks like in the absence of anything new to talk about, we're getting a bunch of recycled old threads... <sigh> I guess there is nothing new anyway.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like in the absence of anything new to talk about, we're getting a bunch of recycled old threads... <sigh> I guess there is nothing new anyway.

Hey let's spread some HGVC rumors.....like.......gosh....I don't even know what kind of rumors we could spread! :D :( :eek:

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey let's spread some HGVC rumors.....like.......gosh....I don't even know what kind of rumors we could spread! :D :( :eek:

I'll start the rumor: HGVC is dissolving "the club" and you will not be able to exchange to other properties. I hope you bought the resort you like going to every year.

How about this one (more plausible rumor): If you bought resell, you only have a 6 month window vs a 9 month window for Club Reservation and a 15 day window vs 30 day for open season. Also instead of 9-12months for home you have 9-10 months. :D

I hope HGVC doesn't read this and get weird ideas. :doh:

Deros

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yeah let's not give them any ideas :rofl:

How about a positive rumor...

HGVC announces
(1) Several new HGVC developed resorts in several new locations
(2) Dual Exchange affiliations with both RCI and II
(3) All new HGVC developed resorts will support a combination of the old and new point structure with over 50% of the rooms built under the old point structure. Rooms under the old point structure will be similiar to the latest set of HGVC resorts (Las Vegas Strip, Kalia Tower, Orlando Intl Dr and HGVC at Waikoloa). Rooms under the new point structure will continue to provide better amenities (view, location, decor, daily housekeeping, club floor, etc).

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Yeah let's not give them any ideas :rofl:

How about a positive rumor...

HGVC announces
(1) Several new HGVC developed resorts in several new locations
(2) Dual Exchange affiliations with both RCI and II
(3) All new HGVC developed resorts will support a combination of the old and new point structure with over 50% of the rooms built under the old point structure. Rooms under the old point structure will be similiar to the latest set of HGVC resorts (Las Vegas Strip, Kalia Tower, Orlando Intl Dr and HGVC at Waikoloa). Rooms under the new point structure will continue to provide better amenities (view, location, decor, daily housekeeping, club floor, etc).

#3 is a winner--although I like the other two too.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
How about this one:
Blackstone Group has reached a tenative agreement to sell its Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGVC) operations to Westgate Resorts. The move will enable Blackstone to concentrate on its hotel operations.

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about this one:

Hilton to plans to take existing luxury hotels located throughout the world in such cities as Hong Kong, London, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Brussels, etc and convert several floors into timeshare units much like Kalia Tower at HHV. These units will be offered for sale through HGVC. They will be tradable just like other HGVC properties.

What a dream that would be - don't wake me up!!!

nonutrix

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
This thread has gotten way off topic!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This thread has gotten way off topic!

Shuush. Its either that or we have to talk about The Explorean Kohunlich...

Now, as I recall, Hilton was either going to build a dozen new resorts in someplace other than Hawaii, Nevada or Florida, or sell HGVC to Westgate...

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Here's another one....

HGVC ANNOUNCES A MARCH MADNESS SALE !!

Here’s your chance to buy additional weeks at your home resort at the lowest prices ever (slightly below our current ROFR levels). All additional weeks purchased via this sale will count towards elite status. Cash only offer (no financing available).

All excess inventory must go. Limited units availability. Act Now !!

Q. Where did this inventory come from?
A. This is inventory that was acquired via multiple sources (ROFR, loan default, trade in, etc).

Q. Why now?
A. We have a large number of units that we wish to unload.

Q. Can anyone purchase?
A. Only home resort owners in good standings can purchase additional weeks at their home resort. We are looking for existing owners that show the financial ability to make the initial purchase and continue with annual MF (income and credit history verification required).

Q. Any additional cost?
No, closing cost included.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Here's another one....

HGVC ANNOUNCES A MARCH MADNESS SALE !!
Here’s your chance to buy additional weeks at your home resort at the lowest prices ever (slightly below our current ROFR levels)...

I like this one. Count me in !

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
My last one (I promise :D ).. it would be nice if we had an exclusive HHonors Benefit just for HGVC members.

Redeem for Less as a HGVC member
As a valued HGVC Cardmember, you can receive three Hilton HHonors reward nights at any Category 5 or 6 hotel for 90,000 HHonors points. This special savings is an exclusive benefit to HGVC Members. To redeem for this reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and provide Reward Codes HGVC4U.

HGVC Point Upgrades
Arrange for an upgrade within five days of arrival. You may upgrade from any category of room with a Free Night Award or a paid reservation.
Upgrade rewards are available for 350 ClubPoints each. Most rooms require only one upgrade reward per night. However, some hotels require two or more upgrade rewards per night, depending on the view or room type. Availability varies by hotel.

HGVC Paid Upgrades
At select hotels you can pay for an upgrade on a cost per night basis. The specific price varies by hotel and will be charged to your room during your stay. No HGVC or HHonor points are involved with paid upgrades.

HGVC 50% Off Regular Rack Rates
You can redeem just 1,000 ClubPoints for a certificate offering 50% off regular rack rates for a stay of up to six nights at select hotels.

Sunshine Wanted

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My last one (I promise :D ).. it would be nice if we had an exclusive HHonors Benefit just for HGVC members.

Redeem for Less as a HGVC member
As a valued HGVC Cardmember, you can receive three Hilton HHonors reward nights at any Category 5 or 6 hotel for 90,000 HHonors points. This special savings is an exclusive benefit to HGVC Members. To redeem for this reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and provide Reward Codes HGVC4U.

HGVC Point Upgrades
Arrange for an upgrade within five days of arrival. You may upgrade from any category of room with a Free Night Award or a paid reservation.
Upgrade rewards are available for 350 ClubPoints each. Most rooms require only one upgrade reward per night. However, some hotels require two or more upgrade rewards per night, depending on the view or room type. Availability varies by hotel.

HGVC Paid Upgrades
At select hotels you can pay for an upgrade on a cost per night basis. The specific price varies by hotel and will be charged to your room during your stay. No HGVC or HHonor points are involved with paid upgrades.

HGVC 50% Off Regular Rack Rates
You can redeem just 1,000 ClubPoints for a certificate offering 50% off regular rack rates for a stay of up to six nights at select hotels.

Those are good ones! Too bad it is not true... :bawl:

Socko33

Reaction score
November 21-25 Trip!

I am very excited to be going to the Explorean from 11/21-11/25 and then to the Hilton Cancun from 11/25-11/29.

I will be landing in Cancun at 9:55am on Saturday 11/21 and need to make the trek to Chetumal Airport where there is a shuttle, included, to bring us to the resort.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this journey. I've tried some research on TripAdvisor...

Does anyone recommend renting a car vs taking a bus? Any advise would be appreciated.

THANKS! :banana: