• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

anyone else frustrated with reserving 2010?

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am wondering if anyone else is frustrated with trying to reserve 2010 weeks?? i called today at 7:59am central time (9am eastern) to book two weeks at our home resort. i got through on the line right away and thought that was a great sign only to be told by the rep that there was No inventory available. none for any of the check in days thurs - sun. our first choice was saturday but we would have taken any of them. i find that hard to believe that there was no availability for any fo the days at 8am - the earliest i could call.
have other people had trouble booking this year?? we had trouble two years ago when we were given incorrect information from owner services as to which day to call. we had checked three reps and they all told us the wrong days. we did eventually get our weeks but now it is another month of waiting and wondering. is there something we are not doing correctly???
does anyone have any suggestions?? thanks, in advance for any hep!!!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is frustrating. :mad:

Were you trying to book boths weeks for February 19th - 21st concurrently, or were you booking consecutive weeks? All I can think is that other multi-week owners booked consecutive weeks last week (or earlier) which included February 19th - 21st.

An after thought Jean - Sometimes people book their second choice week first just in case they cannot get their first choice. Then the following week they change their reservation. Maybe try again next week hoping someone has made a change and opened up the week you want.

TUG Member
Reaction score
what are your marriott home resorts? are they small # of units at your resort

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am wondering if anyone else is frustrated with trying to reserve 2010 weeks?? i called today at 7:59am central time (9am eastern) to book two weeks at our home resort. i got through on the line right away and thought that was a great sign only to be told by the rep that there was No inventory available. none for any of the check in days thurs - sun. our first choice was saturday but we would have taken any of them. i find that hard to believe that there was no availability for any fo the days at 8am - the earliest i could call.
have other people had trouble booking this year?? we had trouble two years ago when we were given incorrect information from owner services as to which day to call. we had checked three reps and they all told us the wrong days. we did eventually get our weeks but now it is another month of waiting and wondering. is there something we are not doing correctly???

Yes, I had the same problem. To make a very long story short, I paid my MFs, which by the way were not over due, and every date I was told was booked, was now available. I had a thread about this a few pages back. If you haven't paid them, try that.

Hope this helps!

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
nwl-

i read, with interest, your previous thread about the mf's being paid. ours were paid up ten days ago. that was not an issue. it just seems a little strange when you call at the exact moment they open up and nothing is available. i am keeping my fingers crossed! we will keep checking. thanks!

Michigan Czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Annual, 2 x Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Odd
Did you log in online also at the same time to try and reserve your weeks? I would log in online and see if all of the days are really taken.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If the first day of check-in at your resort is on a Thursday, then in 2010 the Thursday date would be Feb. 18th; hence, I hate to tell you this, but you should have called yesterday :(

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the first day of check-in at your resort is on a Thursday, then in 2010 the Thursday date would be Feb. 18th; hence, I hate to tell you this, but you should have called yesterday :(

Inventory is released on Monday's for 13 month reservations. Monday the 19th would have been correct.

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott won't release inventory on Sundays.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
thinze:Do I understand correctly: Multiple week owners can call on Mondays of the 2010 weeks they want -- not have to wait until the first day of a check-in like at DSV-I being Thursday? Could you give an example so I have it clear. TIA

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
oops- sorry- I forgot that the 18th was a Sunday; I was just concentrating on the dates and not the days of the week.

Did Marriott release inventory yesterday, since it was a holiday? Does Marriott release inventory on holidays, or are they restricted like Sundays?

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I have never had a problem booking multiple weeks 13 months ahead at Manor Club for the late June to early July time period, but always do it at the moment they open. I have 3 weeks at Manor Club and and always turn in one for MR points, so that leaves 2 for booking.

BeachPlace is handled differently - I use the two weeks and never trade any of them for MR points because of the higher MF, but I do split them for $75 each and book as follows as my winter escape mid Feb-mid Mar, and never had a problem: studio; 1 bdrm; 1 bdrm; studio which gives me 4 weeks in a row and done 13 months ahead with the first booking for the Pres Week (a studio).

The only week I have that has caused me booking problems is Canyon Villas - where I have an orphan week and have to join the rat race and do it 12 months ahead. It is frustrating, I must admit. EOY I turn that week in for MR points, keeping with my plan to turn in 2 of my 6 weeks EY for MR points and replace points we've used. As MCV is a lockoff, in the off years when I don't trade for points I split and book the studio first, then the 1 bdrm and usually get what I want that way.

So even when booking 13 months ahead perhaps the reason I escape the problem is that I split the lockoffs and book the studio first - suggesting that most others book the 2 bdrm or 1 bdrm weeks first. If it's very important that you book President's week, for example, and anticipate a problem why couldn't you book the studio for the week 'before' Pres Week and the rest fall into place earlier than 13 months ahead.

You could do this with 2 bdrm suites as well ... if you really want Pres Week, and want to book two weeks in a row, make the first booking for the earlier week and you get in there 13 months and 1 week earlier than others.

Brian

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

TUG Member
Reaction score
do you have to prepay your 2010 annual Dues?
before you book (2) 2010 weeks in march,2010
in Feb,2009?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
do you have to prepay your 2010 annual Dues?
before you book (2) 2010 weeks in march,2010
in Feb,2009?

No. Of course, you should have already paid your 2009 dues if they were already due.

TUG Member
Reaction score
what is the reference to annual dues being a problem in this thread
are they referring to 2009 annual dues?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, I sent kmij a PM using you as an example with your four weeks at BeachPlace. Many times multiple week owners book weeks prior to, after, and including Presidents week. Thus the week after Presidents week is already gone by the time the 13 month date comes along.

Kmij was trying to book Ocean Pointe which does have Thursday check-in. For 2010, that would have been the 18th which was this past Sunday. Marriott would release that week on Monday the 19th, yesterday. But, because it followed Presidents week, other multiple week owners had already gobbled the week up with previous reservations - just like Brian did at BeachPlace a couple of weeks ago when he booked four continuos weeks.

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you very much to all of you for the helpful hints you have suggested. we are not giving up yet and are still hopeful that things will work out. i suppose that marriott would suggest that we purchase more timeshare weeks so we wouldn't be in this bind - but that is not going to happen. i have faith in the system and i will keep you posted on the out come.
tuggers are the BEST. thanks so much!

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you very much to all of you for the helpful hints you have suggested. we are not giving up yet and are still hopeful that things will work out. i suppose that marriott would suggest that we purchase more timeshare weeks so we wouldn't be in this bind - but that is not going to happen. i have faith in the system and i will keep you posted on the out come.
tuggers are the BEST. thanks so much!

I solved my problem by scrutinizing the entire Marriott web site for any little detail that might help, posting questions and possible solutions on TUG, and bugging the h_ll out of the VAs for any advice. In the end, for me, it was a little sentence in the new owner section of the web site that gave me my answer. Many people here disagree that it was a MF problem, but it worked for me. I see that is not your problem, but I'm trying to show you that it could be something obvious or something obscure. Believe me, I feel your frustration :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Just keep plugging away at it and you'll figure it out!!!

p.s. If you are going for popular weeks and are competing with multiple week owners for those weeks, it will be tough. Hang in there. You can do it .:cheer:

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
.... In the end, for me, it was a little sentence in the new owner section of the web site that gave me my answer. Many people here disagree that it was a MF problem, but it worked for me. ...

nwl - I followed your previous thread, and agree that your problem went away shortly after the time that your maintenance fees were paid for 2009. But that does not necessarily mean that paying the fees was the "answer" to the problem. Could have just been a timing thing.... :shrug:

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
NWL....what was the "little sentence"???

Smooth Air:cool:

The sentence was in the new member section of the Marriott web site where they tell you how to make reservations. It's the only reference I saw about needing to be current on your loans and fees in order to make reservations.

nwl - I followed your previous thread, and agree that your problem went away shortly after the time that your maintenance fees were paid for 2009. But that does not necessarily mean that paying the fees was the "answer" to the problem. Could have just been a timing thing.... :shrug:

All I can do is relate my experience. I am curious what will happen next year!

I value the experience of Tuggers, and am very grateful to everyone who voiced an opinion. I just wanted to give kmij a ray of hope because I understand his/her frustration. :wave: