• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Closes Costco to Ka Olina

leylandpark

Reaction score
From Costco's web site there are three Costco in Oahu, which is the closes and what is the drive time?

Hawaii Kai (Oahu) Details: 333A Keahole Street,Honolulu (Oahu) Hawaii 96825 Phone:(808) 396-5538
Iwilei (Oahu) Details: 525 Alakawa Street,Iwilei Hawaii 96817 Phone:(808) 526-6103
Waipio (Oahu) Details: 94-1231 Ka Uka Blvd,Waipahu (Oahu) Hawaii 96797 Phone:(808) 678-6103

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fi you are flying in and want to grab something straight away, you can back track and hit the one near the airport at:

525 Alakawa St, Honolulu, HI

Or head straight towards Ko Olina and go this one:
94-1331 Ka Uka Blvd

we did the back-track way when we were there two Dec's ago - had a good lunch and loaded up on food then went off to Ko Olina. The other Costco is on the way but we were too hungry and eager to shop to go there. We did hit that Ka Uka Blvd costco a few times where we were staying at Ko Olina, though (we were there two weeks) as it also has the cheapest gas on the island, supposedly.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The Ko Olina is on the west end of the island at here., so the closest would be Waipio - about a 25-35 minute drive or longer during rush hour.

When I was out there in mid-Oct, they were building one at Barbers Point. Surprised it is not open yet. That one would be around 10 minutes from the Ko Olina when it opens.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is the new Costco in Kapolei open yet? If so, that's closest. If not, Waipio is next.

Dave

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the new Costco in Kapolei open yet? If so, that's closest. If not, Waipio is next.

Dave

WOW if Kapolei opens up, that would be a DREAM as we LOVE Costco!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
WOW if Kapolei opens up, that would be a DREAM as we LOVE Costco!

Not sure when it will open, (I see "Spring 2009" in news articles), so it definitely IS under construction. So your dreams will come true. :)

Dave

Southdown13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We drove by the Costco in Kapolei last week. The exterior looks finished and the signage is up, and it looks like they could be open by this spring.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
We drove by the Costco in Kapolei last week. The exterior looks finished and the signage is up, and it looks like they could be open by this spring.

It looked that same way in Oct.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Hope this doesn't sound uneducated; are Costco's only available to those with memberships? We don't have them where I live, only Sam's Clubs.

We will be in Oahu in June '09, so I am reading as many posts as I can associated with this area.

Thanks!
DawnB

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
Hope this doesn't sound uneducated; are Costco's only available to those with memberships? We don't have them where I live, only Sam's Clubs.

We will be in Oahu in June '09, so I am reading as many posts as I can associated with this area.

Thanks!
DawnB

Correct, membership only.

Steve

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF there is a gas station at the Kapolei costco, if you are not a member, just ask a friend who IS a member to buy you some costco cash cards. You can use the cash cards at the gas pumps withOUT a membership card.

Last edited:

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
DawnB

This might sound dumb.... but on Kauai I know I saved $12+ just on a case of beer (compared to stores local to the resort). And liquor prices were VERY low (relatively speaking). You could buy the membership, and cancel it later.... I know they allow you to cancel if you want to... :shrug:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Thanks!
DawnB

Dawn, Costco has a very generous membership policy. You can join while you're on Oahu, shop there, save a lot of money, and enjoy your vacation. At any time during that year's membership (specifically after you get back home) if you find you are dissatisfied or unable to use your membership, they will refund the entire year's membership fee to you. So in the end, you could get what you need without a problem.

As to whether there are Costco's near where you live, check the Costco.com website and look at the Locations link. They have quite a few warehouses now, and are building more all the time, so they may have something closer to you than you think. You can deal with membership issues via their website, too, in case they don't have a warehouse in your area.

I'm a loyal Costco member, and find there is a substantial difference in shopping experience between Costco and Sam's Club. Everything from treatment of members to employee attitude to merchandise quality is better at Costco. It's worth seeking out the company.

Dave

Southdown13

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF there is a gas station at the Kapolei costco, if you are not a member, just ask a friend who IS a member to buy you some costco cash cards. You can use the cash cards at the gas pumps withOUT a membership card.
Good tip! Yes, there will be a Costco gas station in Kapolei.

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a loyal Costco member, and find there is a substantial difference in shopping experience between Costco and Sam's Club. Everything from treatment of members to employee attitude to merchandise quality is better at Costco. It's worth seeking out the company.
Dave

Agree 1000% !!!! (or more) :D

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
new costco

clemson,

could you please keep us posted on the new costco in kapolei that might open in february. we will be at ko'olina at the end of february and it sure would be convenient to shop at the new one. thanks!