• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pahio Wyndhams downgraded again

slabeaume

Reaction score
I just happened to be looking at the Extra vacations on RCI and see that BAli Hai is now a SIlver Crown and Ka'eo Kai is no longer silver crown.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've noticed that as well, which means that Mauna Loa Village in Kona is now rated higher than the Pahio resorts. I own both, and find it an odd twist.

Dave

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Hard to explain how folks rate resorts when they stay at them. Wyndham Flagstaff is rated higher than Kingsgate, which is surprising to me as well.

jdb0822

Reaction score
I wonder if the sales approach at different resorts plays a factor in people's attitude and impressions of the resort. As nice as a resort may be, all it takes is a weasel to sour the atmosphere of the resort.

slabeaume

Reaction score
I wonder if the sales approach at different resorts plays a factor in people's attitude and impressions of the resort. As nice as a resort may be, all it takes is a weasel to sour the atmosphere of the resort.

The sales people we met at the Bali Hai were actually pretty nice. But I know that a lot of the older Pahio units still need to be renovated. I imagine exchangers probably get the older units. At least that's the way it worked when I got an instant exchange last year at Orange Lake REsort in Orlando. Our owner week unit was gold crown all the way----the instant exchange unit was really bad!

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, Exchangers get the older buildings of 1 and 2 at the very least. Don't have the building numbers handy but I know building 5 is a lot newer than buildings 8 and 9, not sure about 4.