• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

directions to williamburg and recommendations.

douga

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of booking a couple of weeks in Williamsburg area(thro rci) on my return trip from Florida.

I was wondering if I am taking the 295 bypass around Richmond do I then take the 64 to Williamsburg and if so, about how long of a trip is it from the 295 to Williamsburg.

any recommendations of what to look for or what timeshares to avoid?

Thanks
doug

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I-295 Bypass Is The Way To Go.

I was wondering if I am taking the 295 bypass around Richmond do I then take the 64 to Williamsburg and if so, about how long of a trip is it from the 295 to Williamsburg.
Righto.

From I-95 at the Virginia line to Williamsburg VA, it's about 120 miles.

Click here for a Google map showing the route from Emporia VA to Williamsburg VA via I-295 & I-64.

Have fun.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

douga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much..That is perfect..Just what I was looking for. Also born in 1942 (sept. 11)
Doug

davhu1

Reaction score
You can make to Williamsburg from the I295 bypass outside of Richmond in less than 45 min.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Coming from the south gives you a lot of options actually.

I personally like taking 95 to Hopewell and then route 10 east to route 5. Route 5 takes you past most of the historic plantations and brings you in to Williamsburg near Powhattan Plantation and Greensprings Plantation.

You can also take a far shorter route and go from 95 toward Warsaw on 40, pick up 10/31 east and then catch the ferry at Scotland to Jamestown. Jamestown road takes you into the heart of Williamsburg. You may spend more time this way just because you have to hit the free ferry at the right time.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Coming from the south gives you a lot of options actually.

I personally like taking 95 to Hopewell and then route 10 east to route 5. Route 5 takes you past most of the historic plantations and brings you in to Williamsburg near Powhattan Plantation and Greensprings Plantation.

You can also take a far shorter route and go from 95 toward Warsaw on 40, pick up 10/31 east and then catch the ferry at Scotland to Jamestown. Jamestown road takes you into the heart of Williamsburg. You may spend more time this way just because you have to hit the free ferry at the right time.

This way will take you a lot longer but it makes the trip much more interesting and pretty. The I 64 freeway is very boring.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually my first way through hopewell is only about five minutes longer. It is many miles shorter. You lose time getting through Hopewell.

The second way is about 20 minutes longer, but only 2/3 of the miles. It can be 20 minutes more if you just miss the ferry.

I've gone each way at least 10 times.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took this route this past summer. Take Rt. 40 From I-95 to Spring Grove and head east on Rt.10 to Rt. 31. Turn left and its a straight shot to the ferry.
the ferry runs every 1/2 hour. My eldest DS lives on the last road on the left before the ferry.

Last edited: