• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

92,500 RCI points, $696 MF's

Medcinmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you see a big difference in MF's vs points value or simply selling prices dropping?

I can't imagine a reduction in MF's?

PS- Nice weather we're having here in Boca, huh?!?

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you see a big difference in MF's vs points value or simply selling prices dropping?

I can't imagine a reduction in MF's?

PS- Nice weather we're having here in Boca, huh?!?

That resort always had good MF per point. It's the sale price that has tanked.

I wouldn't know about the weather. I am in Hawaii right now. Last two nights have been rainy. Tonight is glorious.

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think that the ad is misleading... it says "RCI POINTS 2 BR Lockoff GOLD CROWN Disney TIMESHARE" which to me implies a Disney-owned timeshare which it IS NOT... rather it is a pretty standard resort in Kisssimmee- just off the main drag. I don't know about the value of RCI points but I have been at this resort and it is a huge 'apartment-like' complex - far removed from images of Disney resorts. It is almost always available as a trade or a last minute escape so trading power I would guess is not high.

luckybunny

Reaction score
I just bought one that gives 86,500 points for slightly higher mf of $824, at a price of.... $255.00 Icing on the cake is that its underlying week is week 51 at a resort that my parent go to almost every year around that time and I always had a hard time getting that week.

Why has RCI points dropped by so much?s

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is almost always available as a trade or a last minute escape so trading power I would guess is not high.
The "trading power" is in the large number of points the OP will get each year. IMO, 92000 points can go long way.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
>>Why has RCI points dropped by so much?s<<<

I know lots of folks love RCI points, but I am disillusioned with the system, and I imagine there are lots of others out there like me. I have no interest in buying more points weeks and other points owners I know are the same, which means you're not fighting us on Ebay lol. Why am I disillusioned? Fees are high (RCI membership fee, PLUS fee to keep the week in points, and PFD fees which used to be free and now aren't). My points weeks are penalized because they are so flexible--one of them, for example, floats over almost the whole year so includes all red, all white, and some blue weeks. As a weeks trader it trades really well and is valuable to me for this flexibility. As a points trader, the points value is diminished because the weeks are averaged, and the points assigned are based on the average which brings the overall points value down. I will be pulling that week (and one other) out of points when the three-year agreement expires.

While the value of my week in points is bupkis, the values of the weeks I like to trade into are so high that I would need two or three weeks' worth of points to get one week in return. If I use that week as a weeks trader, it would trade one-for-one. I'm not looking to trade significantly higher--just want to trade a one-br red season week for a one-br red season week, but since the week is pointed low due to including some white and blue weeks, I cannot trade like for like with it.

What I do like about the points system is the last-minute weeks, but it seems to me that the availability has been dwindling each year.

If you have a great underlying fixed week, and get an appropriate number of points for that week, then the points system would work better. I personally prefer a floating week for flexibility, but that means my weeks are penalized under points but not penalized under weeks. So for me--RCI points doesn't work as well as weeks. YMMV.

maigueri

Reaction score
medcinn i think we were looking the same property on ebay, this time i´ll not bid. good luck

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I toured there, and even bought (then rescinded) what a nightmare. haha. Their points are a decent value, and they're building new units now which I saw, they're much nicer. Finally some decent upgraded kitchens.

Anyways, the point per dollar value isn't bad, but you could have the same amount of points for $100/MF less through Rayburn Country Club. That's what I own for points.