• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who's Buying High Quality Timeshares at Bargain Prices

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently picked up 2 resales on Ebay for weeks that float 1-52 at the Resort on Cocoa Beach.

These are weeks that sold for over 10K, five to eight years ago.

Our cost with closing is well under 1K for each week.

We spend several weeks in Florida in Jan/Feb, so these will suit us fine.

Maintenance fees are high at 784.00, but you get alot for your money.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
I have been seeing these(Resort on Cocoa Beach) also on ebay as of late. Do you know if it is difficult to reserve a Jan-March week with this float system? Looks like a fun resort to spend a week! DawnB

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booking Weeks

I have been seeing these(Resort on Cocoa Beach) also on ebay as of late. Do you know if it is difficult to reserve a Jan-March week with this float system? Looks like a fun resort to spend a week! DawnB

You can book your weeks up to a year early provided you prepay your maintenance fee.

We usually pay our MF's in August or September, then book the weeks.

Bill4728

Reaction score
My BIL just bought into Shell Vacations at a bargain. Last years resale price ~$1/pt or $3500 for the 3500 pts TS he just bought for $100.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
My BIL just bought into Shell Vacations at a bargain. Last years resale price ~$1/pt or $3500 for the 3500 pts TS he just bought for $100.

Great for your BIL. I'm looking for that kind of deal myself.

Marty

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I just bought a week at Trapp Family Lodge for about $500 with no closing or transfer costs. This is a week we'll use in conjunction with our Intrawest points at Mont Tremblant every year to make for a nice 10 or 12 day driving vacation.

I've had to restrain myself several times in the past few weeks from picking up some other weeks on ebay that I'd use for trading - but for now I'm still going with what works for me - only own at resorts we like to go to and not buy something simply to trade.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buying Quality At Resorts You Want to Go To

I just bought a week at Trapp Family Lodge for about $500 with no closing or transfer costs. This is a week we'll use in conjunction with our Intrawest points at Mont Tremblant every year to make for a nice 10 or 12 day driving vacation.

I've had to restrain myself several times in the past few weeks from picking up some other weeks on ebay that I'd use for trading - but for now I'm still going with what works for me - only own at resorts we like to go to and not buy something simply to trade.

We just picked up 2 weeks at the Resort on Cocoa Beach on Ebay at very low prices. T

This is our favorite resort, and we visit in the summer with our grandchildren, and spend a few weeks there in the winter.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I won a Pahio Kauai Beach Villas 1 bedroom, 2 bath, ocean view, EOY for $3 on ebay. Paperwork is in process.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I won a Pahio Kauai Beach Villas 1 bedroom, 2 bath, ocean view, EOY for $3 on ebay. Paperwork is in process.

And I'm STILL blown away by that amazing deal! I'm polishing the crown to hand over to you. ;)

Any word on the ROFR issue?

Dave

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Out of all the deals i have seen on e-bay, this is one of the best deals I have seen. Congrats, you will love ocean front at this resort.

Don't let Wyndham bluff you claiming that they have ROFR. If they try to ROFR your week, go to the Hawaii thread and read up on how others have fought the ROFR at this resort and won. Once again congratulations on one heck of a deal.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Any word on the ROFR issue?

The seller said it's not an issue; but if it comes up, I've seen the threads on this topic in relation to Pahio.

Dave, if this goes through OK, I'll accept that crown. I still can't believe this price.

Bruce in SC

Reaction score
We just bought a 2BR/2BA timeshare in Orlando for $1.50. The real deal is that it is a RCI Points resort. We got 84,000 points with a maintenance fee less than a penny per point.

I feel like we over paid for our resort in Hilton Head. We paid $1,000 for a 3BR/3BA unit there in 2006. We now have enough points to go most anywhere.

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tashman,

Nice deal. I usually try to keep my eye on that resort on e-bay as my family really enjoys our existing weeks there. What week were you able to snag?

-Liz

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For folks who're planning to frequently stay in timeshares during retirement, this buyers' market is a good way to buy and save up for that day. Who knows what the maint fees will be down the road, but still...nobody has a crystal ball about anything. I plan on staying in timeshare resorts in Mexico for 3 months during our wintertime when/if I retire (never used to say "if", LOL). I'm pretty much squared away with MX timeshares and looking to unload a couple traders that won't easily get me into MX (like my Marriott). I think this is a great time for a buyer to "stock up" on timeshares for retirement; hmmm, maybe I should take a peek at eBay. ;)

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not buying anymore TS...:D ok...for awhile anyway... I am spending the money I should be saving during this recession to use the TS that I already have....:cheer: but oh how I am salvating ...

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not buying anymore TS...:D ok...for awhile anyway... I am spending the money I should be saving during this recession to use the TS that I already have....:cheer: but oh how I am salvating ...

We'll never get out of this recession with that kind of attitude. We need everyone to spend, spend, spend!

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

BUT -- lets pretend -- what resorts would you have on your 'short list'.

Personally I have been staying away from 'long' or expensive flights - scratch South Africa (unless you are living there now :) ...etc ...as flights and oil in general will not stay this cheap for long.

Must have excellent cleaning staff (usually a part of maintenance fees ) - better have hates dirt and ...well .. you know.

What is on your list --want to share?

Greg

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Tashman, Nice deal. I usually try to keep my eye on that resort on e-bay as my family really enjoys our existing weeks there. What week were you able to snag?

It's one of the floating weeks, which works just fine for us. Floats in weeks 13-25, 36-37 and 43-39. We will likely use it in late spring/early summer in conjunction with a few days in Montreal and then Mont Tremblant, but next year since we already have plans I may deposit it into Redweek - I already got a quote from them for several of the weeks and have been wanting to try them rather than II for a change.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Snaging Great Weeks at Firesale Prices

Glad to see that many Tuggers are picking up weeks in places they love to visit, and not just for trading purposes.

I think trends will show that more owners will be doing less trading.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Buying to stay...

Looking into the Palm Springs, CA area... And yes, I agree with Greg, oil prices wont stay low for too long-making mainland the place to be. Although being from California-I still really like my one HI TS...