• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone else looking forward to "24"?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I miss Jack Bauer! That dang writers' strike caused such a long hiatus in the production of "24". I can't wait for the new season to begin! The 2 hour season premiere will be on November 23...counting the days! :clap:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hands down my favorite show on tv.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Carol, part of the reason the show was on hiatus was the star's DUI arrests that kept him in court and maybe in jail.

I still love the show and am looking forward to it.

RichM

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, the November 23rd event is not a season premiere. It's a 2-hour special event called "24: Redemption" that's basically a standalone "movie" which connects the end of Season 6 with the beginning of Season 7.

The actual Season 7 premiere is not until January 11th, 2009

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Yes, yes, yes. It has been marked on my calendar and there is not too many TV shows worth even the pencil mark.

Donna

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jack,
Jack,
Jack,
Jack,
Jack

Our favorite little family chant right before the show starts!

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to VA this past summer to visit family. The first time we saw our eldest son he was wearing a "Jack Bauer For President" t-shirt.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I miss Jack Bauer! That dang writers' strike caused such a long hiatus in the production of "24". I can't wait for the new season to begin! The 2 hour season premiere will be on November 23...counting the days! :clap:

Not just the writers' strike, but also that little matter of his DUI and jail time.

And yes, we are looking forward to Jack's return on that slow boat from China.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Carol, part of the reason the show was on hiatus was the star's DUI arrests that kept him in court and maybe in jail.

I still love the show and am looking forward to it.

I should have read the entire thread before posting.

Yes he did do jail time. When on Leno (or was it Letterman?) he was asked about the showers and he said that he didn't pick up the dropped soap. LMAO

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Hi, Yvonne! Yep, I think he had too many of those DUI's to be in jail. :eek: I guess Kiefer Sutherland is very different from his counterpart. Jack Bauer would never drink and drive. If he could afford a chauffeur, I guess I don't get the reason for him to be so stupid. :doh:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
When the boogeyman goes to sleep...he checks under his bed for jack bauer!

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Soooo Excited!

Thanks for the heads up!

Absolutely love that show.:clap: :clap:

Ann

BSQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
by and far my favorite show. I've watched since season 1 ... I was excited at the prospect of some good TV watching, then I realized it's just one "prequel" episode. Afterall we lost a day. :D

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes, back to trying to figure out how the bad guys always beat CTU to a location and have way more ammo than the good guys.

I think skipping a year was good, as it was getting rather predictable(but so has Dancing with the Stars).

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes, back to trying to figure out how the bad guys always beat CTU to a location and have way more ammo than the good guys.

I think skipping a year was good, as it was getting rather predictable(but so has Dancing with the Stars).

LOL - Every year I always predict that there's always going to be somebody different that Jack really cares about, at least 5 interrogation/torture sessions, some kind of CTU workplace politics drama, some kind of CTU workplace romance, and at least a couple of near-death experiences for Jack. Am I missing anything???

But, I still love the show!

Bill4728

Reaction score
My DS & I have watched from the beginning. BUT DW & DD haven't. So when we bought the DVD of season 1-5, they got hooked. We're on the final episode of season 5. I don't think we'll see season 6 before the movie is on TV next week.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
My DS & I have watched from the beginning. BUT DW & DD haven't. So when we bought the DVD of season 1-5, they got hooked. We're on the final episode of season 5. I don't think we'll see season 6 before the movie is on TV next week.

Bill,

We got started watching the first two seasons on DVD. We were hooked! There was absolutely nothing like it. I remember running to Blockbuster late at night before they closed, just so I could get the next disc. That's the way to do it, if you can wait.

If anyone wants to give this show a try, I would recommend just rent disc 1 of season 1. You'll never be the same!

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
DUIs sure can screw with a whole lot of peoples' lives!

Can't wait for the 'Movie' and the beginning of the next season!!!!

Go Jack!!!!!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification! Counting the days til I get Jack back! :)

FYI, the November 23rd event is not a season premiere. It's a 2-hour special event called "24: Redemption" that's basically a standalone "movie" which connects the end of Season 6 with the beginning of Season 7.

The actual Season 7 premiere is not until January 11th, 2009

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We went to VA this past summer to visit family. The first time we saw our eldest son he was wearing a "Jack Bauer For President" t-shirt.

I was in the Loire Valley in France in Oct, and there was a big billboard on a bldg showing Jack Bauer and "24" in big letters. I normally hate billboards and particularly in pastoral regions of Europe...but I have to admit I got a little excited to see it. ;)

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not just the writers' strike, but also that little matter of his DUI and jail time.

And yes, we are looking forward to Jack's return on that slow boat from China.

By the way, Jack was on Regis and Kelly today and blamed 24's hiatus on the writer's strike.