• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] anyone stayed at Kingsland yet?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waikoloa Kingsland was due to open early this month. Has anyone stayed there yet?

nonutrix

Reaction score
Yes, my family and I just stayed there (Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2008). It was beautiful. There were only 3 Buildings available and the rest are still under construction. We stayed in a 2 bd ground floor unit which faces the golf course. One of the pools is completed. We loved it!:p

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, my family and I just stayed there (Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2008). It was beautiful. There were only 3 Buildings available and the rest are still under construction. We stayed in a 2 bd ground floor unit which faces the golf course. One of the pools is completed. We loved it!:p

I hope you plan to write a full review.

Thanks!

nonutrix

Reaction score
Aloha all-
I will try to do the best I can in explaining Kingsland rooms. I only have video of the interior with my family in it so I'll only post the pictures I have of the pool and exterior (my husband will help me with this later since I don't know how to post up pictures). We've stayed at the Bay Club, HGVC Waikoloa a lot because we live on the island. Kingsland is located past all of these resorts completely at the end of Waikoloa Drive. It's a very quiet and secluded location. The best way to describe the interior is that it was very similar to HGVC Waikoloa. However, main differences were:
-LCD High Definition television with digital cable in each bedroom and living room
-Higher end appliances and furniture
-10 foot ceilings in some areas
-Granite counter tops in the kitchen
-Marble counter tops in the bathroom
-Huge master bath (13'x13'?)
-Tommy Bahama decor throughout (dark wood floors and furniture)
-All home conveniences (Coffee maker, blender, rice cooker, etc.)
I believe the reason the points are so much higher here is because the rooms are really furnished with the best of the best. Since we live in Hawaii, we also visit Oahu a lot were HHV is located. I've always preferred staying at HHV, because there's more to do in Oahu. However, my thoughts have dramatically changed now that I've stayed at Kingsland. Being at Kingsland was like being at a secluded island elite retreat. It you want a relaxing vacation, stay here. Everything about Kingsland exceeded my expectations, from the staff to the fine accomodations. None of us wanted to leave and that is saying a lot since we live on the same island. I was told by the front desk that everything should be completed by October 2009, including the super pool. We are definitely returning. I'll get the exterior pictures posted soon.

Mahalo all!:wave:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the review. This was very helpful. I couldn't talk my hubby into staying at Kingsland due to its offsite location (not a part of Hilton Waikoloa Resort) and lack of view. Maybe we'll try a short stay after everything is complete.

Here's a map of the area - http://waikoloabeachresort.com/resort/wk-map-5.swf
It shows the location of the Hilton resort, Bay Club, HGVC Waikoloa and HGVC Kingsland buildings (which is the furthest away).

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures:

This one is of the exterior of the buildings:
DSC02804.jpg

This next few are of the pool. The pool has two waterfalls and there is a jacuzzi too:

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

I also forgot to mention that there is no fee for parking and there is a shuttle that comes to the lobby every 30 minutes that will take you to the various locations (Kings Shops, Queens Market place. Hilton Hotel, etc). Also, you have free access to the Hilton Waikoloa Hotel pools. There are barbeque areas between each building at Kingsland and now that Queens Market has a supermarket, you can save a lot of money eating in.

At first, my husband did not want to go to Kingsland because he liked the HGVC Waikoloa. Now, after the first stay, he wants to go back. Even the Open Season prices are exteremly reasonable considering hotel prices here. As locals, the best rate currently at the Hilton Waikoloa Hotel is $129 p/nt, which does not included parking fees and tax and this is only for regular no view room. Staying at the Kingsland is a huge bargain. :whoopie:

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks GrandWaikikian and alwyson!

Great pictures! Do I understand correctly that the pool photographed is right behind the building? The pool really looks nice.

Also, thanks for the report - you answered my questions regarding the shuttle, hotel privileges, and the Queens supermarket.

nonutrix

Reaction score
Nonutrix,
Yes, the pool is located behind buildings 3 and 4. If you notice in the first photo, bottom right corner, the plastic covering is still on the lanai furniture and there is a barricade at the end where construction continues. They were still furnishing unit four.

Alwysonvac,
Thanks for the photo links! This is exactly what the interior looks like.

I've never joined a forum before, but really wanted to help nonutrix out with the Kingsland question since I live on the same island and we visit Waikoloa very often and over the years seen its growth.

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review and pictures (you too - alwaysonvac), looks great.

Another poster in another thread mentioned that the KL pools were most probably not going to be open in summer - would that be another pool, or did I misunderstand or misread?

My children have never been to Hawaii and I am curious which property they are going to like most. Reserved GW and KL.

Thanks again!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I've never joined a forum before, but really wanted to help nonutrix out with the Kingsland question since I live on the same island and we visit Waikoloa very often and over the years seen its growth.

Thanks for joining and Welcome to TUG!! :hi:

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score

GrandWaikikian,

Welcome to TUG! We are very glad you are here. You've been a wealth of info already!

nonutrix

Reaction score
You all are so kind. Thank you.
To answer sml2181 question, yes, that is the smaller pool for Kingsland and it is open. The super pool for Kingsland will probably be open in Oct 2009. This smaller pool at Kingsland is great for your children because there is a 3 foot area, 3 1/2 foot area and the deepest is 4 feet. The pool always seemed empty because Kingsland is so new and the water was really fresh and clean. Also, don't forget that staying at Kingsland will give you access to the Hilton Waikoloa Hotel where there are many pools. I must mention one more thing. If you stay at Kingsland you cannot use the HGVC Waikoloa pool and vice versa.

Mahalo all!:)

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand,

Is there a bar and entertainment at the Kingsland pool like HGVC Waikoloa? Also, where is check-in?

Thanks!

nonutrix

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
At one point I think the Bay Club had land/rights to develop a property closer to A Bay, by the Queen Shops. Does anyone know if that is still the case, and if so with HGVC develop something?

Reaction score
Aloha Nonutrix,

Unfortunately, there is no bar and entertainment at the smaller Kingsland pool. I was told that the super pool would have a clubhouse, bar area, entertainment, etc. To check in, you go completely to the end of Waikoloa Beach Drive and you will see a sign welcoming you to Kingsland. There will be a new one story building on your left. This is the Kingsland lobby. At the present moment, the lobby is very plain with no port cochere like the HGVC Waikoloa. I’m not sure if this is a temporary check in for Kingsland. If you look on this link and view the master plan, you will see a large building on the top left. This is where the lobby is currently located. But once completed, in the master plans, it appears there will be a grand lobby in the center.

http://hgvcdirect.com/kingsland/index.htm

Mahalo all!

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
At one point I think the Bay Club had land/rights to develop a property closer to A Bay, by the Queen Shops. Does anyone know if that is still the case, and if so with HGVC develop something?

I don't know if they still retain those rights but If I remember correctly they scratched those plans for a resort at A-Bay and built HGVC Waikoloa and Kingsland instead.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I don't know if they still retain those rights but If I remember correctly they scratched those plans for a resort at A-Bay and built HGVC Waikoloa and Kingsland instead.

I wonder if we can find out if they still retain those rights. It might be nice for HGVC to build a resort closer to the beach, but here again it would be HGVC building in an existing location.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at Kingsland now. WOW --> is all I can say... Interior is so beautiful decorate. we are in building 3. It faces the small pool with waterfall. We see golf course behind the pool. I am now planning to come back here after they finish the building the main pool.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
I am at Kingsland now. WOW --> is all I can say... Interior is so beautiful decorate. we are in building 3. It faces the small pool with waterfall. We see golf course behind the pool. I am now planning to come back here after they finish the building the main pool.

Can you post some pictures of the unit and the view?

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you give me the instruction on posting the pictures, I will do it.

Here is a step by step do it yourself instruction from Theresa "swift" from this thread.

I agree, photobucket is by far the easiest way I have found to upload pictures here.

Good Luck, looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

This is the easiest way I have found to post pic's.

If you have your pics on a disk, or on your computer go to http://photobucket.com/ you will have to join but there is no fee.

Upload some pics.

Once uploaded you will have a selection of choices in Photobucket. For TUG click on "Direct Link" this will copy info.

Once you are back in TUG click on the Insert Image (the one that looks like a postcard with a mountain on it below the redo arrow)

A box will pop up. Use your back up key to erase the http that it has already started. (Your direct link will already have that in it.) Right click to paste your Direct Link info and then click OK.

That's it! It really is pretty simple.
Have fun whether pic's are old or new they are fun to share.

Theresa