• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GOLF, Im looking to buy timeshare that gives me and my foresome free golf of good pri

carlrocky

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a place last year in Mexico (Los Cabos Golf Resort) Feb 1 every year. which is perfect for us (free unlimited golf for 6 all week). We are looking for another place in florida that will give us a similar deal, or big discount on golf. This is just about golf and being in a warm or hot climate while we play. Any suggestions on a timeshare that will give us that? :whoopie:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Mystic Dunes. (Formerly Wyndham Palms.)

Have you looked into Mystic Dunes ?

We've toured there once or twice (just for the freebies).

We're not golfers ourselves, but the place advertises itself as a golf resort & for sure the course looks super-attractive -- as do the timeshare units.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Golf World Village (Florida -- Near St. Augustine).

The Chief Of Staff & I -- both non-golfers -- had an outstanding vacation week last January at a BlueGreen timeshare near St. Augustine FL that's nestled in among some outstanding-looking golf links right by the World Golf Hall Of Fame.

On BlueGreen's web site, it's called Grande Villas At World Golf Village.

In the RCI book, it appears under that name & also as Resort At Golf World Village -- 2 different names, 2 separate RCI identification numbers, but from all we could tell when we were there on RCI Instant Exchange, operated as 1 single timeshare resort.

We wrote up our experience there for the TUG Resort Reviews section.

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
pretty sure some of the Marriotts do this - but not certain which - go ask on the Marriott board.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your "Foresome", eh? --- a pretty good golf pun...

This is just about golf and being in a warm or hot climate while we play. Any suggestions on a timeshare that will give us that?

In SW Florida, a bit inland from Fort Myers, there is a timeshare facility called Lehigh Resort & Club, located in Lehigh Acres. Personally, I don't care much for the place (or for the immediately surrounding area), but it does have some features which might well be of interest to your particular priorities:

1. They recently bought the "back nine" of a directly adjoining golf course and have now incorporated it into the resort. I don't know about "free" golf, but I'm sure there are significant discounts for owners and guaranteed access. There are also other golf courses in the area.

2. Weeks of all sort seem to be routinely available for sale at Lehigh Resort & Club for surprisingly short money in the resale market. There is also a resale office right on site, but I would venture to guess that the resale prices go up considerably when a realtor commission gets involved.

3. The facility is managed by VRI, a management company for which I have considerable respect after some years of direct experience with them at several other SW FL resorts.

Hope this helps you. If not, please find and press the "delete" button conveniently located on a keyboard near you...;)

Last edited:

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
pretty sure some of the Marriotts do this - but not certain which - go ask on the Marriott board.

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, Williamsburg, Virginia; an exchange there comes with six free rounds of golf. I'm fairly certain that the free golf extends to exchangers as well as owners. You can ask for verification on the Marriott board.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a great thread!!!! Keep it going...

LOL

:)

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Sanibel Island, Hurricane House and also Tortuga Beach Club offer free golf at the Dunes Country Club. You do have to rent a golf cart which I seem to remember was pretty reasonable. I believe it is good for 4 persons each day. (Although since it sleeps 6, it might be good for 6).

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of the FL T/S's give you free golf as an owner. As far as I understand, Mystic Dunes charges, Lehigh Acres does because we've stayed there about 3 times, the Bluegreen place at the WGV does not include free golf and Hurricane House and Tortuga people were paying about $21 cart fee when we were there last month.

We used to have T/S several years' ago in the UK and they included free golf, St. Mellion in Cornwall and Manor House @ Moretonhampstead in Devon.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking for another place in florida that will give us a similar deal, or big discount on golf.

Members of both Tortuga Beach Club and Hurricane House on Sanibel Island have free green fee priviledges at the Dunes Golf Club. A golf cart (currently $21) is required.

I know that TBC provides for 6 players per day; I believe that HH provides for 4 players.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that HH was for 4 players but if Tortuga is 6, HH may be also. They are sister resorts and I know at one time they had exactly the same contract with Dunes. Of course that could have changed over the years.

robtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a place last year in Mexico (Los Cabos Golf Resort) Feb 1 every year. which is perfect for us (free unlimited golf for 6 all week). We are looking for another place in florida that will give us a similar deal, or big discount on golf. This is just about golf and being in a warm or hot climate while we play. Any suggestions on a timeshare that will give us that? :whoopie:

Can you give more details. Do you have to pay caddy fee (some places caddies are mandatory). Do you have to pay cart fees? If so how much?
How big is your place? and finally how much is cost to purchase and your maintenance fees?
Which golf course.is it nice or it could get boring playing everyday at the same course year after year..is it only 1 of there are few?

carlrocky

TUG Member
Reaction score
free golf

No caddies are needed at Los Cabos golf resort. And for the three units we own we will pay $2336 maint fees this 2009 year. We only pay a cart fee of $16. If we did not get free golf, each round would be about $160, and thats cheap for the Cabo area. I have seen studios for sale at this resort that include free golf for $1. Some people have tough times and cant sell and are desperate to get out of maint fees. We do love this place, for our golf habit its perfect.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of the FL T/S's give you free golf as an owner. As far as I understand, Mystic Dunes charges, Lehigh Acres does because we've stayed there about 3 times, the Bluegreen place at the WGV does not include free golf and Hurricane House and Tortuga people were paying about $21 cart fee when we were there last month.

She is absolutely correct.
We went to World Golf Resort in October (which is very off season and they wanted $220 each to play the course. We played elsewhere for $35 each. Mystic Dunes is a beautiful course but expensive. At lehigh you can play a moderate to poor course very reasonably.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
No Drugs. No Sex. No Golf. No Problem.

We went to World Golf Resort in October (which is very off season and they wanted $220 each to play the course. We played elsewhere for $35 each. Mystic Dunes is a beautiful course but expensive. At lehigh you can play a moderate to poor course very reasonably.
Whoa !

At 1 time I felt wistful that I completely missed out on the Sex & Drugs Revolution.

Plus, I never learned to play golf, which is such a popular activity I felt I must be also missing out on something else I ought to get into.

Now I no longer feel that way.

In fact, maybe I actually dodged bullets on all counts.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would second Hilton Head, there are a few that provide gulf, or at least used to. Waterside by Spinnaker had golf for 4 every day in the 2 BR unit we stayed in.