• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cost of 100% Kona coffee at B.I. Costco

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Has anyone purchased 100% Kona coffee at the B.I. Costco recently? Just wondering what the cost per pound is now. The last time I bought it, Jan. 2007, it was about $18>$20/LB. and the only 100% brand was "Nicky Beans", IIRC.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the tip Rick. We'll be close by at the KCR. :) The problem is we arrive on a Sunday. Can't wait 6 days for 100% Kona.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Rick. We'll be close by at the KCR. :) The problem is we arrive on a Sunday. Can't wait 6 days for 100% Kona.

Do what I did....mail order prior to the trip....to set the mood! :D

Seriously though, the coffee is very good. We tried other brands when we were there and really did prefer Kona King. :)

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased 100% Kona coffee at the B.I. Costco recently? Just wondering what the cost per pound is now. The last time I bought it, Jan. 2007, it was about $18>$20/LB. and the only 100% brand was "Nicky Beans", IIRC.

I buy it at the one in Maui. It's about 19.95 for a pound. The price doesn't vary that much.

-David

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got ours at Greenwell Farms, Kealakekua, Big Island, in Oct. Their Private Reserve was 31.95 per pound, expensive, but very good.

gwenco

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kona Joes

I missed it so much after leaving the B.I. that I have it Fed-Ex'd every month to my home in Denver. You can purchase it using monthly, six month intervals or year long plans and it lands on my doorstep like clockwork.
It's $36 a pound a worth every penny!!:banana:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
When I was on the Big Island in February I didn't have a chance to get to any of the coffee plantations. So, I went to Long's and bought a couple of bags of 100% Kona beans. I got some of the best I've ever gotten there! Unfortunately I can't remember the name now :eek: .

perktd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kona Coffee @ Costco

We bought 100% Kona Coffee at Costco in Kona 2 weeks ago for $19.95 per pound. The brand was Thunder Mountain which is also available at Long's and various supermarkets for considerably more money. It seems to stack up well with the other brands we have tried--Greenwells, Blue Sky, Hualalai, etc. It is available ground or as whole beans.

Don

san415

Reaction score
$12.99 per lb

Try Waikoloa Village market, I was there last week and it was on sale for 12.99 a lb. Several brands were at that sale price. You will need to use a malaki card. You can sign up for one on the spot if you need to. The market there is very reasonable.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
12.99 a pound

Sounds like the bags which say Kona Coffee but only contain 10% Kona. Look carefully.$13 a pound is below cost

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or the bags were 12 oz. You will NEVER see fresh 100% Kona coffee for less than $18-$19/LB.

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other option

You can also try the Farmer's Market in Kona, which is held next to the Catholic Church on Alii Dr. I don't remember the brands offered there, but there were several, and I seem to remember the prices (for 100% Kona coffee) were decent. There's also another smaller place (sort of like a famer's market, but more gift stuff than produce) which is further south on Alii Drive.....advertised in the visitor brochures, where I also bought Kona coffee. I can't remember the days they were open, but fun to check it out.

barb

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Hi Phil-are you going to Hawaii early this year?
Anita

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
We get to the BI Jan. 3-KCRII.
Anita

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody taken a coffee plantation tour?

Sorry. Meant this to be a new post

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry. Meant this to be a new post

A lot of TUGGERS have taken coffee farm tours. I've done the Greenwell & a few others. They're interesting.