• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new rci account

jeany1020

TUG Member
Reaction score
vc at wyndham is telling me that it takes 4 weeks for a rci account to be created, has anyone else encountered such a long delay? seems kinda crazy to me.

jean

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jean,

I got my RCI account in 2 weeks. But I actually should have got II instead. That took me another 2 months to get. My sister bought after me. She was given a RCI account right away. But that turned out to be previous owner's account. It took her at least 4 more weeks to get her own RCI account. I think the problem is that many VC did not know what to do to get your new account. But you won't find out until two weeks gone by.

So all in all, 4 week is probably the average. But you can get lucky and have it in 2 weeks.

Good luck,

Jane

jeany1020

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks jane, that is exactly what happened to me. vc gave me a rci number that turned out to be the old owners number when i called back they had to do a transfer form and that is what is taking 4 weeks.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to get RCI account with Wyndham

I have not set up an RCI account yet. How do you do it? I asked wyndham and they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. I already have my own II account so I like the fact I get a free RCI with wyndham. Thanks in advance

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not set up an RCI account yet. How do you do it? I asked wyndham and they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. I already have my own II account so I like the fact I get a free RCI with wyndham. Thanks in advance

Call VC, tell them you want do a search first deposit, they will arrange 3 way call to Wyndham-RCI VC, at that time, either they will magically give you a RCI account, or they will realize you did not have it, then if you don't have it, you will be talking to owner relation instaed of VC. They did let go some people, so it may take them some time to figure out what you are talking about.

Jya-Ning

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazing....or not.

I have not set up an RCI account yet. How do you do it? I asked wyndham and they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. I already have my own II account so I like the fact I get a free RCI with wyndham.

Wyndham now OWNS RCI --- lock, stock and barrel.
This fact makes it all the more amazing that the right hand still often doesn't seem to really know what the left hand is doing.
Then again, with RCI involved, it's really not too surprising...:ignore:

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Jean,

I got my RCI account in 2 weeks. But I actually should have got II instead. That took me another 2 months to get. My sister bought after me. She was given a RCI account right away. But that turned out to be previous owner's account. It took her at least 4 more weeks to get her own RCI account. I think the problem is that many VC did not know what to do to get your new account. But you won't find out until two weeks gone by.

So all in all, 4 week is probably the average. But you can get lucky and have it in 2 weeks.

Good luck,

Jane

Here is my experience
swift they are not! :cool:
I have started this process many months ago thanks to all the wonderful help I received here from the WYN gurus.

Wyn recognized me as an owner in late June and early July but somehow was not quite able to get it together to set up this account. After multiple phone calls and mailing and faxing 4 separate times, I got the following on Friday.

Good afternoon Mr. Fxxxxx and Ms. Gxxx,

I received you Interval International enrollment application today (by fax) and looked up you acct. Your newly created Interval International acct has been setup and is available for you to use. Please contact our customer service department to obtain that id number. Thank you for your patience during the enrollment process.

Thank you and have a great day! ;0)

Sandra Mxxxx
Sr. Accounting Clerk
FSP Accounting

So 3 months PLUS for me.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call VC, tell them you want do a search first deposit, they will arrange 3 way call to Wyndham-RCI VC, at that time, either they will magically give you a RCI account, or they will realize you did not have it, then if you don't have it, you will be talking to owner relation instaed of VC. They did let go some people, so it may take them some time to figure out what you are talking about.

Jya-Ning

This could be a dumb question but what is "VC"?

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
A vacation counselor. The person who assists with the reservation and other issues.

Previously a VG, vacation guide and will likely be something else when they think up a new and improved title.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread.......called wyndham and oh yes we have an RCI acct already for you sir here is your number. I asked are you sure? Do I need anything else? No sir you have to contact RCI with any further questions. I go on RCI to sign up and get an error that my info is not what they have on record. Call RCI they say that acct # is associated with someone else and Wyndham has to request any changes etc. Call Wyndham back explain the situation and they have to send in a request and will take 7-10 days. I do have to say the gentleman at Wyndham I got this time seemed to know what he was doing (or so I hope). WHEW......anyway thanks to this thread I figured this would happen so it wasn't too bad, otherwise I probably would be on the phone screaming at someone right now:hysterical: ......... so we will see what happens and how long.

Again TUG saves the day:banana:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has a special branch for different resort group, for Wyndham, its phone number is 800-572-0031. You may need to call in few days using that old account, I will make a wide guss that account belongs to the old owner, to make sure things does get rolling.

Jya-Ning

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update..........it took a little over a week and it was all good. They didn't notify me I had to call but they gave me the #, I went online signed up and WOW it actually worked:hysterical:

These forums are probably the best $15 I ever spent:banana:

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has a special branch for different resort group, for Wyndham, its phone number is 800-572-0031. You may need to call in few days using that old account, I will make a wide guss that account belongs to the old owner, to make sure things does get rolling.

Jya-Ning

Odd.......but when I call this number I get "you have reached a number that cannot be reached from your calling area". ?????????? I guess they don't like Wisconsin people :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Odd.......but when I call this number I get "you have reached a number that cannot be reached from your calling area". ?????????? I guess they don't like Wisconsin people :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well they transfer you to the Wyndham line and that number is 800-572-0931. Must have been a typo.

slabeaume

Reaction score
I was on 2 accounts when my Dad was alive. So when he died, I "gave" one of the accounts to my brother. We did all the legal paperwork and he and his wife are now the owners of one account, but they still send all the RCI communications to my address (Missouri instead of Oregon). I've called them several times about that and they always say they have the Oregon address down on the account, then I get whatever they resend. We finally gave up and I just forward the stuff to him.

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This week, while trying to figure out what happened to my RCI deposit, I found that now I have two RCI account. I don't have the original RCI account number I was given so I don't know if that account eventually got converted to my name. Any ways, now I have two accounts to deal with. One with an exchange I made a few months ago and another one with my deposits. They cannot merge the them.