• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Points to RCI

coolarry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased Wyndham points on resale. I see on this forum where statements have been made regarding getting quality trades on RCI with 77000 Wyndham points. I have 127000 Wyndham points to place on RCI by the end of the year. I am planing to go to Westmark Yellowstone in 2010 for a 2 br unit for 4 days. Should I place all 127000 points at once to get a better chance of getting the reservation in a limited units timeshare or will I have just as good a chance by depositing 77000 and 50000 points??

Coolarry:cool:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Welcome, Coolarry! Are you referring to the Worldmark West Yellowstone? What time of year in 2010? How are you hoping to secure your 4 day exchange: RCI Weeks, RCI Points, or other? Is booking the few nights directly through Wyndham Vacation Ownership an option?

The Worldmark West Yellowstone property is still quite new and will likely be very popular with Worldmark owners for the summer months. Off seasons may be an easier match through either WVO or RCI Weeks. Not sure if it is available through RCI Points or not ... ? You might also want to consider a direct exchange with a Worldmark owner.

Sorry, can't offer much on Wyndham point strategies. I'm sure others will come along quickly with ideas. Again, welcome!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...

I have just purchased Wyndham points on resale. I see on this forum where statements have been made regarding getting quality trades on RCI with 77000 Wyndham points. I have 127000 Wyndham points to place on RCI by the end of the year. I am planing to go to Westmark Yellowstone in 2010 for a 2 br unit for 4 days. Should I place all 127000 points at once to get a better chance of getting the reservation in a limited units timeshare or will I have just as good a chance by depositing 77000 and 50000 points??

Coolarry:cool:

You might want to consider instead posting this particular inquiry in the Wyndham Resorts forum (or ask a moderator to move it there for you), since it will likely get lots more exposure to (and more responses from) experienced Wyndham owners if posted in plain view over there, rather than just getting lost among all the many and varied assorted "points currencies" and issues addressed here... :shrug:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Is booking the few nights directly through Wyndham Vacation Ownership an option?
This is very likely a NO! Although Worldmark and Wyndham do share a few rooms at a few of each other's resorts, they are few and far between. So using your Wyndham points to reserve at a Worldmark resort will be very difficult.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
This is very likely a NO! Although Worldmark and Wyndham do share a few rooms at a few of each other's resorts, they are few and far between. So using your Wyndham points to reserve at a Worldmark resort will be very difficult.
Thanks, Bill. I can easily lookup which WVO resorts are offered to WM owners ... but can't see the reverse.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI, season is more important than room size, so if you want to deposit some with better trading power, deposit 70k, 105k.

Being that area has very very few resorts, and being that resort is highly demanded in WM, and being that Wyndham has no perference for WM in RCI exchange, I will assume it is very unlike you can get it through RCI week exchange no matter how many points you deposit. That resort is not in RCI point resort. So you will not get 4 days through RCI exchange.

That resort does has exchange program with Wyndham, usually, it has 2 or less unit, in this case, I will assume it is 1 unit. You will need probably 150k for 4 nights. You will have to hope they keep the relationship.

At this moment, you have nothing you can do, if they do continue the relation, you can try to check when they get into the system by calling at exact 10 month before your check in day, except it is for 2009, than going backward until the VC find the 1st unit available, than you will assume it maybe the max day you need to call in, so say, if you call today, the 1st unit the VC saw is 7/10/09, it is very likely they deposit to system at 9 month, than you call next time and try to confirm it, so you call at 1/1/09 to see if you can get 9/1/09, and maybe 10/1/09. Try it few times until you think you know the deposit time. They could deposit it in batch, say each time they deposit it as 2 month inventory, if that is the case, you should be able to figure out when is the min batch day, and when is the max batch day, and figure out when is the 1st day the inventory will be in the system.

Than they usually have the contract year to year, so you need to figure out when they start a new cointract, and when the old contract end.

I believe the last time I saw it is at April, so you probably can assume the batch is from April to March. And try maybe 9 month or 10 month period.

Also, try exchange with WM owner, or rent out your point and use cash to rent 4 nights in the park's cabin. It is much easier, more flexible, and you may get better accomoldation if you are looking at shoulder season.

Jya-Ning

coolarry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your prompt response. I think I will check into the cabin option and see what the cost and availability is for my time frame.
Larry:cool: