• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV and MOC tour

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the tour of both and this is IMHO.

WKORV seems less crowded while MOC seemed packed with people.
I know this is slow season in Maui but I wonder why that is?
Maybe MOC is smaller than WKORV?
MOC sales rep told me their family and friends come to WKORV to use swimming pool since MOC is too crowded.
I went by Westin Maui and they wear wrist band for swimming pool.
In my opinion, I liked Westin Maui swimming pool better than MOC and than Sheraton and then WKORV although WKORV has smaller but more swimming pool.
I went to Four Seasons and Grand Wailea Resort Hotel, they were awesome. Grand Wailea Resort Hotel has the best pool ever. They have wrist band.
I think WKORV has the best snorkeling out of all these resorts.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As comparing MOC to WKORV as an unit inside, I do like WKORV better since WKORV has cook top and it's a must if you want to stay in and cook.
I think I liked WKORV - N compared to new Marriott's since it's better layout.
If I had a choice, I would choose Westin for more quietness and more comfortableness.
My stay at WKORV was great other than the smoke smell that was there for half of the week. Manager at WKORV was great to make sure the smell is gone.

Abaco-Bob

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just for the benefit of the few who may not know, it would be nice if the first time an abreviation is used in a thread the full name of the resort would be used. Occasionally we have newbys or folks unfamiliar with an area and I think common courtsey would dictate a full spelling.

Abaco-Bob:)

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I seen both resorts and agree the Westin has nicer amenities, although MOC pool is nicer, IMHO. However the reason I MOC better is the location. To me its far better than the Westin. I love being right in the middle of the action, with the ability to walk to so much. Also the MOC is much less expensive to own than the Westin. I believe the Westin is still more than the new Marriott towers.

Regards.
Joe

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
We stayed at The Westin this May and walked thru the Marriott older buildings did not have time to see the new Lahaina bldg.

Central Maui is very beautiful and very different from the more casual Kihie or West Maui. We enjoyed all these areas and they are so very different from each other.

Hands down Westin was our favorite for it's beauty,amenities and layout,very elegant and modern decor. I like having a full kitchen & washer/dryer. I would have liked to tour Whaler and Ka'anapali Beach Club but there was no time.

FlyKaesan glad you are enjoying your stay.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
However the reason I MOC better is the location. To me its far better than the Westin. I love being right in the middle of the action, with the ability to walk to so much.

As they say, different strokes for different folks. The Marriott location in the middle of all the crowds was one of the major things that swung me in the direction of the Westin. I'd rather visit the Whaler's Village area with the walking or with the Westin shuttle once or twice during my vacation that be stuck with the hordes of people that congregate there in the summertime. I walk from WKORV to the Hyatt and back in the mornings, when most people are still asleep. The reef in front of the Westin compared to the beach at the Marriott was what sealed the deal.

Also the MOC is much less expensive to own than the Westin. I believe the Westin is still more than the new Marriott towers.

When I purchased, prices were pretty similar. The Lahaina Tower wasn't built yet, but they were preselling. The price was a little higher than the Westin but not by much. The converted hotel rooms might have been a little cheaper, but there was no comparison in the amenities. In any case, price was not a huge factor one way or another, if I remember correctly. It has bee several years since I looked at the prices.

If I was considering again I'd check resale prices. I'd also try to find our resale/new ratios to see which one has held up its value better.