• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vancouver advice

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted to visit Vancouver and I am thinking of putting in for a trade for next year.

1. When is weather the best? We can travel any time.
2. Between Soleil and Worldmark on II, which resort would you choose. Is one better located than the other? We like to be in the middle of things when we visit a city.

Thanks
Laraine

Bill4728

Reaction score
The cities of the Pacific NW ( Portland, Seattle & Vancouver) have great weather in July, Aug & Sept. Any of those months would be the perfect time to visit.

I didn't know Soleil had any kind of TS resort in Vancouver but the WM is right in the middle of the tourist freindly parts of downtown. As are the other TS which I know of ( Club Intrawest, Aviawest & Destinations on Rosedale)

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
September!

I would choose September for the following reasons:

USUALLY lovely weather, July can still be rainy.

Less crowds, kids have gone back to school.

More availability/less demand.

Better airline deals usually available in shoulder season.

Vancouver is beautiful, you will enjoy yourself. I have never stayed in a timeshare there, so I can't help with advice with those. JMHO

Gayle

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We were just in Vancouver as part of our vacation. We stayed for two nights at The Sheraton Wall Centre to run around Vancouver prior to taking the Whistler Mountaineer train ride to Whistler. It turns out that Club Intrawest Vancouver is located within three floors of The Sheraton Wall Center. This hotel is located right in the heart of the city. We had no difficulty walking to the pier, looking at the cruise ships, or participating in the night life. The biggest shopping area in town is within one block of The Sheraron Wall Center and so are many of the finest restaraunts. The beds are fantastic and so is the food and service at The Sheraton Wall Center. If you want to stay in a time share in Vancouver, I would strongly recommend Club Intrawest.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
If you want to stay in a time share in Vancouver, I would strongly recommend Club Intrawest.

I agree - I just stayed there on Intrawest points a few months ago and loved it! However, the OP is looking to trade with II, and this Intrawest location trades with RCI, but not II.

asp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soleil has very small rooms, just a fridg in the rooms I have stayed in, but very elegant - not sure there is much timeshare inventory. Worldmark is right across the street from Wall Centre. Nice units, but small living room. both well located and central.

Last edited:

Lazy8

Reaction score
I've lived in Vancouver all of my life,
so if you need any tips or places to see,
email me at:
bevue@hotmail.com

My favorite sights to go to when company arrives are:

Stanley park
Grouse mountain
Horseshoe bay
Whitecliff park
Lynn canyon
English bay
Whistler 2.5 hour drive or take a tour bus
Granville Island
Stevesten docks, it's in Richmond

The above are all free too.
Bus goes to all of those locations or you can rent a car.

Many more, but the above is a start.

Cheers:)

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
lazy8: Were all those places you mentioned within 20 miles of Vancouver? Are they easy drives (not over unpaved roads) for senior citizen drivers :eek: -- lol

Lazy8

Reaction score
Cathy ,
Here is the mileage from downtown.

All roads are excellent paved roads.

Stanley park 1 mile
Grouse mountain 4 miles
Horseshoe bay 10 miles
Whitecliff park 9 miles
Lynn canyon 5 miles
English bay .5 miles
Granville Island .5 miles
Stevesten docks, it's in Richmond 10 miles

Also, I find when I rent a car, ask for GPS and get them to give you a brief demo on how to use them

I bought one from Costco after I used the one in my Hertz rental car.
It was made by magellan http://www.magellangps.com/ and I think it was called never lost.
Try this site,

http://www.hertzneverlost.com/

My favorite sights to go to when company arrives are:

Stanley park
Grouse mountain
Horseshoe bay
Whitecliff park
Lynn canyon
English bay
Granville Island
Stevesten docks, it's in Richmond

The above are all free too.
Bus goes to all of those locations or you can rent a car.

Many more, but the above is a start.

Cheers:)

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Timely discussion. Just got an RCI Trade into Destinations on Rosedale for week of May 30, 2009 - bummer that a 2 br only has 1 bath - but whatever. We have the following week at one of the Whistler's timeshares.

Few logistical questions, do we just take a cab from Vancouver airport to timeshare or is there public transportation. Also, is there a place to pick up a rental car by the Rosedale for our week to Whistler and drop back at the airport?

What's the weather like in early June?

Thanks,

JOyce

asp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The public transportation involves changing buses, plus a cab at the downtown end, or another change- not too workable for now. A new Skytrain from the airport (underground in the downtown area ) is under construction - I don't' know the completion dates. when finished, you could walk about four blocks from the nearest station to the Rosedale.

If there are more than 4, or you have a lot of baggage, you may need two cabs. in that cased, the fixed price limo is less expensive.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soleil has very small rooms, just a fridg in the rooms I have stayed in, but very elegant - not sure there is much timeshare inventory. Worldmark is right across the street from Wall Centre. Nice units, but small living room. both well located and central.

The Worldmark also has full kitchen (including oven), floor-to-ceiling windows, and in-unit washer/dryer. Very elegant too. But the dining room and living room are small, and there is no air conditioning (which you need maybe just a few times a year in the Pacific NW). WM has the 19th to the 24th floor of a high-rise residential building. Every unit has a great view of the city.

As stated, it is across the street from the Wall Center. There are many shops and restaurants within easy walking distance, including next door and across the street.

Here's the WM resort page for the Canadian:

http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/tc/

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is it true that the 2-bedroom units only have one bathroom?

If you're referring to Worldmark, I believe the 2-bedroom units are 2-bath. But be aware that you can only put four people in a two-bedroom unit. The units are very small, and the living room is not really suitable as a sleeping area. It's a 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit unit with full kitchen, living room, and a breakfast nook-type eating area occupying a space that is roughly the same size as a typical Embassy Suites hotel room.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Top 10 things to do in Vancouver ( from the Club Intrawest website:)

Walk the sea wall at Stanley Park
Dine at the top of Grouse Mountain
Shop on Robson Street
Visit Granville Island
Sea Kayaking and Canoeing
Visit UBC Museum of Anthropology
Visit Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classic Chinese Garden
Take a Harbour Cruise
See the sights at the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Center
People watch at Kits Beach

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timely discussion. Just got an RCI Trade into Destinations on Rosedale for week of May 30, 2009 - bummer that a 2 br only has 1 bath - but whatever. We have the following week at one of the Whistler's timeshares.

Few logistical questions, do we just take a cab from Vancouver airport to timeshare or is there public transportation. Also, is there a place to pick up a rental car by the Rosedale for our week to Whistler and drop back at the airport?

What's the weather like in early June?

Thanks,

JOyce

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was looking for confirmation that the 2 br Destinations on Rosedale units only had one bathroom.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to Worldmark, I believe the 2-bedroom units are 2-bath. But be aware that you can only put four people in a two-bedroom unit. The units are very small, and the living room is not really suitable as a sleeping area. It's a 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit unit with full kitchen, living room, and a breakfast nook-type eating area occupying a space that is roughly the same size as a typical Embassy Suites hotel room.

Here's square footage info of the WM Vancouver units.

There is one special needs 2BR unit (out of a total of 22 2BR units) that has only 1 bath. But I don't believe they put that into the exchange pool. The non-SN 2BRs all have 2 baths.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Here's square footage info of the WM Vancouver units.

750 to 860 sf for a 2-bdrm unit. That's roughly 25 ft x 30 ft, give or take a few feet on either dimension.

As I said, roughly the same area as an Embassy Suites room, but containing 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living, and dining area.

We've stayed there, with three people. The units are, shall we say, compact. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but even with three people (DW, DS, and I) it felt crowded. In any open space there is barely room to turn around.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how big are the other timeshare units in downtown Vancouver?

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I loved Vancouver when we went in the summer 2 years ago. We also visited Whistler. I would only to travel to whistler in the summer if I did ALL the other great suggestions for Vancouver first. Vancouver is a great city to explore and have fun. Whistler is best for skiing.

asp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wordmark 2 BR I have stayed in had a large amount of closet space and utility room space - which makes them seem smaller. (they were a residential floor plate)

However, the views were fantastic!!

2 BR units at the Rosedale (Destinations & Aviawest) are just over 600 square feet. They have very little hall or storage, and so three spaces are not as small as they might have been. the combined living room-kitchen however, is triangular, allowing the sofa bed to open, but little extra space.

The bedrooms have natural light, but the living rooms do not - you enter directly into them from the hotel hall way. When se stay there, we treat it like a three bedroom hotel room - with the living room for our grandchildren to sleep/watch TV - and eat prepared food we buy in the general neighbourhood.

There is are three grocery stores within about 4 blocks, which all sell prepared foods, so you don't have to just rely on "fast food", which is also very available - McDonalds, starbucks, Subway, sushi, pizza, crepes, salad shops, noodle house - all within two blocks.

Corman

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I loved Vancouver when we went in the summer 2 years ago. We also visited Whistler. I would only to travel to whistler in the summer if I did ALL the other great suggestions for Vancouver first. Vancouver is a great city to explore and have fun. Whistler is best for skiing.
Whistler is best for skiing?

try golfing , hiking, white water rafting just to mention a few.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
2 BR units at the Rosedale (Destinations & Aviawest) are just over 600 square feet. They have very little hall or storage, and so three spaces are not as small as they might have been. the combined living room-kitchen however, is triangular, allowing the sofa bed to open, but little extra space.

Do the 2-bedroom Rosedale units have two bathrooms?

Lazy8

Reaction score
Top 10 things to do in Vancouver ( from the Club Intrawest website:)

Walk the sea wall at Stanley Park
Dine at the top of Grouse Mountain
Shop on Robson Street
Visit Granville Island
Sea Kayaking and Canoeing
Visit UBC Museum of Anthropology
Visit Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classic Chinese Garden
Take a Harbour Cruise
See the sights at the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Center
People watch at Kits Beach

Some of those places are the same as I mentioned before, the only difference is all of mine are free and half of those mentioned above cost $$.

One other place that I thought of is Gastown.
You have to see the old Steam clock there. Many gather around it when it chimes on the hour.
Again it is a walking tour, right downtown and it is also free. The port where some of the largest cruise ships come in are right beside Gastown.
While your there, take the sea bus across the burrard Inlet for $3 and visit the Lonsdale Quay. It's also free.
When in Vancouver, bring comfortable walking shoes as there is so many nice walks in the city.
Vancouver is one of the safest cities that I have went on walking tours in.
Granville street is the same as Robson street. Very vibrant.
Also there is a few playhouses here, so check the schedules if you want to see a play.

One of the many nightmares walking in citys, was in Atlanta. Panhandlers on every corner.

Montreal is another really nice city for walking tours.

Last edited:

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
Museum of Anthropology closed for renos

I'm not sure when the OP was planning to visit Vancouver, but in case you were planning to visit the Museum of Anthropology at UBC, it is closed for renovations from Sept 2 2008 until March 3, 2009.

http://www.moa.ubc.ca/