• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshares close to Yellowstone

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Are there any timeshares that would be close to Yellowstone?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Island Park is the closest, I think. Near the West Yellowstone entrance. Ten miles or so? There are others, but not so close.

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic. Maybe a Forum Search would turn up some information?

Dave

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, there you go! I didn't know it was that close. Nice to know.

Dave

bobk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Island park is a 22 mile enjoyable ride to the West Gate of the National Park. We were there in June and drove there 5 days and always enjoyed the ride. Especially once you get to the Park itself. We saw a countless number of Bison, deer mule, and elk. We promised ourselves to stop taking pictures of the bison as we took well over 200 of them but couldn't help ourselves. No matter where you stay you will have a great time. Island Park Resort is a nice place. You can check my review of it on the resort review database.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI #0269: "Yellowstone Village" :)

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any timeshare inside yellowstone?

Is there any timeshare inside yellowstone?

I think Lake yellowstone hotel has the best location. It is right by the lake and in the middle (south side) of the whole national park. It would make driving to all the places very convenient.

I wish there are timeshare inside the park. Anyone know?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is there any timeshare inside yellowstone?

I think Lake yellowstone hotel has the best location. It is right by the lake and in the middle (south side) of the whole national park. It would make driving to all the places very convenient.

I wish there are timeshare inside the park. Anyone know?

Since it's located on Federal land inside a National Park, I don't believe so. I agree Lake Yellowstone is a great location, but it's not too convenient to other services. West Yellowstone has the best infrastructure in the area. That's probably why that's where the timeshares are located. ;)

Dave

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Actually I think the new World Mark is closer now. I believe it is just outside the West Gate in West Yellowstone. There is also Big Sky Resort ( II ) and Lake Condominiums at Big Sky (RCI). Those are about 30 minutes away from the West gate.

http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/wym/

http://www.bigskyresort.com/Lodging/index.asp

http://www.lakeatbigsky.com/Ammenities.html

We stayed in Lake Condomiums a number of years ago - it is more like a 45 min to 1 hr drive to Yellowstone. But the timeshare were lovely and very spacious. It is fun staying in the park for a night or two. We stayed at the Old Faithful Inn one night while transitioning between Big Sky and Jackson Hole timeshare - it was so awewome being there when all the daytrippers were gone. It was not really that expensive - well worth it - as Yellowstone is such a large park and so many things to see.

JOyce

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks for all the good advice. I put in an ongoing request with RCI for Worldmark and Island Park for June and July, 2009.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen,

Yellowstone Village is closer to the entrance than Island Park (tho not as close as Worldmark), and if you add it to your request, maybe you'll get a match for the same week 2 of us other TUGgers will be there!

By the way, I believe Trading Places manages Island Park, and you may be able to do a search-first request with them.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yellowstone Village is closer to the entrance than Island Park
Laurie, have you stayed there before? I was looking at the reviews and it didn't seem to have a lot to offer other than its location.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, never have stayed at Yellowstone Village, but I believe you're correct about that - we rarely use amenities when we're close to large national parks, so in our case that's not a consideration. If you want more of a resort experience, the 2 you requested do look better. (But it would be fun to have 3 TUGgers there at the same time!)

bobk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Laurie is correct Island Park is managed by Trading Places, and if you call them they usually are able to get inventory there.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
(But it would be fun to have 3 TUGgers there at the same time!)
That's for sure! If we are able to be in the same area at the same time, I'll definitely try to connect with you.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Don't forget to request the TUG banner before you go!!! :cheer:

It'd almost be worth trying to have a TUG get-together there. Anyone want to make the drive just to meet up with these folks? Imagine the photo-op. That would REALLY make that banner fly! ;)

Dave

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Karen,

Yellowstone Village is closer to the entrance than Island Park (tho not as close as Worldmark), and if you add it to your request, maybe you'll get a match for the same week 2 of us other TUGgers will be there!

However, Y. Village is near the North entrance, in Gardiner, MT, which is a little farther from the geysers than the West entrance. You may want to base your decision on which direction you are driving from. Jackson Hole, WY, is another option. They have 2 or 3 t/s there.

http://www.yellowstonevinn.com/directions.html

Last edited:

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Yellowstone Village a few years ago and yes, it was quite close to the entrance of the park, but it is far from a resort. We had a 2 bedroom house, the Paintbrush, I believe. It was anything but fancy and the swimming pool was closed (in aug), because it needed repairs. There is not much else to do. It's on the lower end of the VEP scale, I'm sure. We were glad to be so close to the Park and really enjoyed our days in the Park. By the way, another family in a unit next door left the second morning. I think they were "not happy" with their accomodations.
Pat

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Lake Condominiums at Big Sky last summer. We stayed one night inside the Yellowstone Park and the next one inside the Grand Teton. That gave us 3 days for the two parks. It worked out well. Big sky is a lovely area.

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be at Island Park the last week of July 2009. Will any TUGGERS be there at that time?

I plan to fly into Jackson Hole, spend two days at Grand Teton (non-timeshare), then on to Island Park (may spend a night in the park) with a final week at Crestwood to see Glacier.

Do you recommend that I rent a 4-wheel drive?

Maria

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Do you recommend that I rent a 4-wheel drive?

Maria

Even though we still have Cowboys & Indians out here most of our roads are paved. No 4WD needed. :hysterical:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
However, Y. Village is near the North entrance, in Gardiner, MT, which is a little farther from the geysers than the West entrance.
http://www.yellowstonevinn.com/directions.html
That's actually Yellowstone Village Inn, a different entity than Yellowstone Village ... Yellowstone Village is close to the West entrance, maybe 10 or 12 miles?

Pat - we'll be in Paintbrush too, a 3-BR, which I believe is a duplex. Pix did look very basic ... OK with us since we'll be out doing stuff during most daylight hours, and I'm sure driving plenty of miles inside the park. Is the immediate scenery around Paintbrush pretty? Anything else you'd like to add would be appreciated!