• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Trading] power if any [westgate Orlando wk. 10]

Reaction score
Ive got a westgate Orlando week 10 (efficiency) . how much trading power do i have? id like to stay in myrtle beach in Aug.

Last edited by a moderator:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can get MB in November

And I'd like to use a January east coast beach week for Paris in the spring! Not going to happen unless we get extremely lucky in a last minute deal. The trade power of a week 10 efficiency in Orlando is near zero as Orlando has mostly large units and plenty of them - small units have very weak trade value.

Reaction score
so how do stay at the beach in june or aug????? my wife and i have a 2 bed room ocean front week 10 at the golden strand in nags head & use rci to trade for the beach & never have had a problem. we just got the westgate & had planed on getting rid of the golden strand. how is it that we always get what we want w/ the strand & wont w/ the westgate?????

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey don't get discouraged, just do an ongoing search 1yr + out and cross your fingers...who knows.. .it can happen...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
so how do stay at the beach in june or aug????? my wife and i have a 2 bed room ocean front week 10 at the golden strand in nags head & use rci to trade for the beach & never have had a problem. we just got the westgate & had planed on getting rid of the golden strand. how is it that we always get what we want w/ the strand & wont w/ the westgate?????

1) Because it's a studio

2) Because it's in an area that is overbuilt with timeshares so supply exceeds demand.

3) A 2 bdm. ocean front unit in Nags Head has far more exchange power - it's a bigger unit, in a better location, with more demand.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Other than being a small Wastegate its a dog

Get rid of the Wastegate. It's too small, its in an area filled with much better inventory, its not a great week and, most importantly, its WASTEGATE - a group to be avoided at any cost. Dump it.

Reaction score
how do i go about that? ive not even made one payment? can i recind it? it was bought on sept 21st. we were in myrtle beach westgate but bought a orlando week?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
how do i go about that? ive not even made one payment? can i recind it? it was bought on sept 21st. we were in myrtle beach westgate but bought a orlando week?

Go through your purchase paperwork and find the instructions for rescinding and follow them EXACTLY. The rescission period in Florida is 10 days so you need to do it ASAP.

Here is an article for you to read about rescinding, it was written for the Starwood system, but besides that, everything applies to you.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read your documentation very carefully. You might still have time to rescind, and if you do, you must follow the directions to the letter. You will most likely need to visit the post office. Skip work if you have to---it will be worth it.

Reaction score
ok, it says 10 days!!!!!!!! just like yall stated:banana: :banana: :banana:
so my wife & i are going to get started. thank you so much for your help. ill probly be back in a min. w/ more questions.:D

Reaction score
We cannot find any form explaining on how to rescind. We did find the Contract for purchase and sale, it states, you may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within 10 calendar days after the date you signed this contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you the pursuant to section 721.07 (6,Florida statutes, whichever is later). If you decide to cancel this contract, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to westgate towers, llc,2801 old winter garden Rd, Ocoee Florida 34761. Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation rights is void and of no effect. while you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your 10 day cancellation period, is prohibited. is this what we need??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We cannot find any form explaining on how to rescind. We did find the Contract for purchase and sale, it states, you may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within 10 calendar days after the date you signed this contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you the pursuant to section 721.07 (6,Florida statutes, whichever is later). If you decide to cancel this contract, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to westgate towers, llc,2801 old winter garden Rd, Ocoee Florida 34761. Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation rights is void and of no effect. while you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your 10 day cancellation period, is prohibited. is this what we need??

That's it exactly. See the article I linked for more details about what to say in your letter. Be sure you send it registered mail - return receipt. Keep copies of everything. Do not send any originals. Follow the instructions EXACTLY.

If you paid a deposit by credit card, you should also notify your credit card company in writing. See your CC statement for info. on how to contact them.

Reaction score
you wrote

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please contact me ASAP at (your phone number.)

what & where is contract "123" located

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
you wrote

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please contact me ASAP at (your phone number.)

what & where is contract "123" located

Replace "123" with your contract number from your paperwork or whatever number identifies your purchase.

Reaction score
[contract number removed for privacy-DeniseM] seems to be on all of our paper work. some of the paper work has it listed as the file# & some as the loan# . its also on the contract for purchase and sale paper work near the bottom beside our sigs. & below the sig of the seller.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[contract number removed for privacy-DeniseM]seems to be on all of our paper work. some of the paper work has it listed as the file# & some as the loan# . its also on the contract for purchase and sale paper work near the bottom beside our sigs. & below the sig of the seller.

Then I'd use that number. You could call it "file number" instead of contract number if you wish.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would use a word processor, but if you don't have access to one, then I am sure a legible, handwritten letter is ok.

Reaction score
do we need to sign this or is what ive got here fine?

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract and file#”**********-***” for purchase of a timeshare at "WESTGATE TOWERS" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$684.00" Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please contact me ASAP at [phone number removed]
Sincerely,

Russell Blevins
Michelle Blevins

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would date the letter. Also make a trip to the post office and send it via some form of dlivery notification. Simply provide your address and phone number, no need to ask them to contact you. They will talk you in to not recinding and tell you very well how everything you heard here is untrue. They are slick and will probably call you anyway. Stand your ground.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
also dont we need to put the date anywhere?

Yes - you should sign it. If you used a word processor, sign it right above your typed signatures - leave 2 or 3 blank lines above each name for the signatures.

Yes - Standard letter format includes putting your address, and the date, at the top of the page.