• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

StarOptions Charts - Effective 2009

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else aware of this?

Starwood is telling me that the StarOptions charts that are posted on the owner resources page is innaccurate.

According to the charts loaded here (owner resources) the Sheraton Vistana Villages should still have the Bella phase seperate from the all the other phases whereas the chart here includes all phases.

Where was this chart obtained from? Was this from MyStarCentral? My dilemma is that I am trying to help an owner sell their timeshare but the buyer needs 81,000 StarOptions. According to the new charts, effective 2009, the Bella phase is 81,000 StarOptions for week 47 and Starwood is saying that the charts are not accurate and this ownership will still be 67,100 in 2009.

Any feedback, suggestions? Is Starwood just trying to muddy the waters on the sale?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The charts are from mystarcentral and they need to be corrected by Starwood.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Just downloaded the chart... Bella shows week 47 as Platinum (dark orange)

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
The chart on MSC has a 5/08 date; the one on our site has a 4/08 date (see the tiny print on the right side on the last page). This is the 3rd update this year (we had a 3/08 version, a 4/08 version, and now a 5/08 version. Is it too much to ask to have them get it right the first time?). Bella isn't separate from Key West, Amelia, and St Augustine, however.

Oh, Great Sinister Moderator (I mean that in the Lefty sense, not the evil sense), can you update the sticky?

Thanks, James, for alerting us! But can you confirm with your contacts that the 5/08 version is the latest one?

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The chart I downloaded from MSC is that 5/08 chart which also says at bottom:

The StarOptions values represented are effective with the 2009 Use Year.

Last edited:

frb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any changes in the Staroptions, weeks, etc. from the 4/08 to 5/08 chart.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Oh, Great Sinister Moderator (I mean that in the Lefty sense, not the evil sense), can you update the sticky?

Actually I can't upload pdf files or excel files, but I can ask one of the big boys to do it - it will take awhile.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
The chart on MSC has a 5/08 date; the one on our site has a 4/08 date (see the tiny print on the right side on the last page). This is the 3rd update this year (we had a 3/08 version, a 4/08 version, and now a 5/08 version. Is it too much to ask to have them get it right the first time?). Bella isn't separate from Key West, Amelia, and St Augustine, however.

Thanks, James, for alerting us! But can you confirm with your contacts that the 5/08 version is the latest one?

I am going to try to get one from Starwood....the best part is that I also realized that for the Lakes and Cascades phases, they have completely excluded weeks 37-47 from the charts.

More to follow....I am going to try to get the most updated version!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I am going to try to get one from Starwood....the best part is that I also realized that for the Lakes and Cascades phases, they have completely excluded weeks 37-47 from the charts.

More to follow....I am going to try to get the most updated version!

It would be great if Starwood would post the current version for owners to download.

However, the current version shows Cascades & Lakes 37-47 on the charts. Weeks 37-38 are part of gold and 39-47 part of platinum. It's definitely on the chart...

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be great if Starwood would post the current version for owners to download.

However, the current version shows Cascades & Lakes 37-47 on the charts. Weeks 37-38 are part of gold and 39-47 part of platinum. It's definitely on the chart...

Are you sure? I just looked and I do not see where weeks 39-47 land. I mistakenly said 37-47 before.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Platinum is: Gold is: James, aren't you a Starwood owner?

Ken, I do not own with Starwood, I worked for Starwood in the owner services department. I STILL do not see the weeks.

Are you looking at the StarOptions charts that are uploaded to the owner sticky?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
James,

I'm looking at the chart I downloaded last night from MSC to check your earlier question.

I'm sending you a PM...

Ken