• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood/II EOY question

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to look at the Starwood inventory on II using your EOY unit, will it show if you have not secured a specific week?

In other words, we own every even year -- can I enter the info into II in the odd years to see what is available or do I need to secure/confirm my even year unit and then am able to see what II has available in the 3 day advantage period?

Need to be a rocket scientist these days to understand all these systems :(

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Cathy - to have a real week to search with you have to ask Starwood to deposit a week for you. If you haven't done this, what you see in your Acct. on II, what I call a "Ghost Week," is not really a deposited week and won't give you an accurate idea of trading power.

With Starwood you can't reserve your 2010 week until 12 mos. out, and you can't deposit it until 12 mos. out either - so you can't deposit a 2010 week until Jan. 1, 2009.

HTH!

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
With Starwood you can't reserve your 2010 week until 12 mos. out, and you can't deposit it until 12 mos. out either - so you can't deposit a 2010 week until Jan. 1, 2009.

Actually, you can't deposit your week until 12 months from the beginning of your season. Depending on your resort, if you own Gold, then it's not Jan 1 but in the Spring, etc.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Actually, you can't deposit your week until 12 months from the beginning of your season. Depending on your resort, if you own Gold, then it's not Jan 1 but in the Spring, etc.

Hi Ken - I'm talking about a floating week. I'm not sure if Cathy's week is fixed or floating.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hi Ken - I'm talking about a floating week. I'm not sure if Cathy's week is fixed or floating.

Exactly. My floating summer week could not be deposited until the beginning of that season the year prior to use. I could not reserve or deposit on January 1st of that year. Floating season deposits can only be made 12 months prior to when you can use it... at the same time that you can make a home resort reservation.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this post but you do not need to deposit a week to do dummy searches. I do them all the time. Is that what you are trying to do? If yes... then, I can tell you how to do a dummy search. Unfortunately, if you own even years you'll only be able to search on even years. You could search a summer 2008 week for future weeks.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
What if I want to deposit my Starwood floating 1-52 2010 week in II. If I called Starwood January 31st of 2009, would they only deposit a January 2010 week since it's 1 year out? Thanks.

Carolyn

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this post but you do not need to deposit a week to do dummy searches. I do them all the time. Is that what you are trying to do? If yes... then, I can tell you how to do a dummy search. Unfortunately, if you own even years you'll only be able to search on even years. You could search a summer 2008 week for future weeks.

However, you can't actually make a reservation with a dummy week, and a dummy week may not give you an accurate picture of trading power. My WKORV "dummy week" is a weakling!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What if I want to deposit my Starwood floating 1-52 2010 week in II. If I called Starwood January 31st of 2009, would they only deposit a January 2010 week since it's 1 year out? Thanks.

Carolyn

Starwood reserves the right to choose the week deposited if you own a week purchased from the developer. It is usually an off-season week that has been bulk deposited, so no it won't automatically be a Jan. week.

If you own a resale week, YMMV. I happen to own a floating resale week that is deeded for week 52 that I am going to try and deposit Jan. 1

Why would you wait until the 31st?

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Starwood reserves the right to choose the week deposited if you own a week purchased from the developer. It is usually an off-season week that has been bulk deposited, so no it won't automatically be a Jan. week.

If you own a resale week, YMMV. I happen to own a floating resale week that is deeded for week 52 that I am going to try and deposit Jan. 1

Why would you wait until the 31st?

Denise,

This was a hypothetical situation. I guess I am under the impression that I can't have a week deposited by II more than 1 year out. So if I have a 2010 floating 1-52 Starwood unit, can I call on Jan 1, 2009 to have whatever 2010 week deposited they give me? Thanks from a Starwood newbie trying to learn this system.

Carolyn

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise,

This was a hypothetical situation. I guess I am under the impression that I can't have a week deposited by [into] II more than 1 year out. So if I have a 2010 floating 1-52 Starwood unit, can I call on Jan 1, 2009 to have whatever 2010 week deposited they give me? Thanks from a Starwood newbie trying to learn this system.

Carolyn
Correct! -

Also see the discussion in this thread - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81548

Last edited:

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise: Our week is Platinun (highest season) so I guess that means the first week of our season -- around January 2009 -- right?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise: Our week is Platinun (highest season) so I guess that means the first week of our season -- around January 2009 -- right?

You apply the same 12 mo. out rule that you use when making a reservation - if you can make a reservation in Jan., then you can deposit it in Jan.