• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanged into Marriott's Maui Ocean Club ...

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called II today as I continue to learn about Interval. We usually use our Aruba Surf Club unit and never traded before. I deposited a one bedroom at the Surf last week and got an AC that I was thrilled about. When I called today to see about requesting Hawaii and how to do it the person on the phone suggested that I wait while she looks and she found one opening at the Maui Ocean Club July 3rd 2009. I think I am supposed to be thrilled but have read about construction going on. We are confirmed in a 1 bedroom full kitchen and was wondering.... should I be thrilled???

They also have the Maui Ocean Club listed alone and then listed Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Villas...are they all one complex? Is one area nicer than the other. I suspect we will keep this but I was really surprised that something was available.

Thoughts?????

Sue:whoopie:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Sometimes you just happen to call at the right time- and this was definitely one of those times! Don't think twice- this is the primo trade- the 1 BR full kitchen is in the newer towers because the older towers have a limited kitchen.

Congrats!

taffy19

Reaction score
I called II today as I continue to learn about Interval. We usually use our Aruba Surf Club unit and never traded before. I deposited a one bedroom at the Surf last week and got an AC that I was thrilled about. When I called today to see about requesting Hawaii and how to do it the person on the phone suggested that I wait while she looks and she found one opening at the Maui Ocean Club July 3rd 2009. I think I am supposed to be thrilled but have read about construction going on. We are confirmed in a 1 bedroom full kitchen and was wondering.... should I be thrilled???

They also have the Maui Ocean Club listed alone and then listed Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Villas...are they all one complex? Is one area nicer than the other. I suspect we will keep this but I was really surprised that something was available.

Thoughts?????

Sue:whoopie:
If it is in the new Napili tower, you will have no construction noise as that's what they are building now so it should be completed if you are staying there. If it is in the new Lahaina tower, you may have construction noise if the Hyatt Resort next door has started building their new timeshare tower. Nobody knows exactly when they start construction but it is pretty soon.

Here is a link of the original MOC and the additional two towers and another link that will give you the view categories too. You can enlarge the pictures to see more detail by clicking inside the picture, etc.

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just rechecked the reservation. I was told it had a full kitchen but when I called it was just a kitchen and a partial at that. Reviews are mixed on the property especially with the building going on.

Now I am not certain.

Sue

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
The construction at the Marriott will be over in January 2009. The only construction you might see would be the construction of the Hyatt to the south which hasn't announced any start dates (and with this economy may not start too soon). If your trade is a partial kitchen, then it is in the original buildings and you won't hear or see any construction.

You have made a great trade! July 4 weeks are extremely popular at MOC.

We prefer the original units over the new units because you get 2 full bathrooms with a one bedroom and 2 lanais, etc. We only eat in for breakfast and lunch and the mini-kitchen is great for that. Once outside your unit, everyone shares all of the same amenities. The newer units have nice, new furniture, etc. But, the extra bathroom is enough to push us to the original units.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you traded for the MOC or found it with your AC. Either way its a great deal. If it was with an AC, then its a super great deal. You will not regret staying at the MOC, construction or not.

Regards.
Joe

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called to get info on how to request a unit for next year....it was the 1 bedroom lockoff trade in Aruba we deposited. An AC????? now that would be great but I suspect I could only grab that during flexchange at 4am from what I have read.

Just spoke with Marriott and they said construction should be completed by Jan 09. Guess I need not to relax and just be grateful. It does however sound like another Aruba property where people get up to reserve chairs before the sun.

I guess when we retire we can get more choices........

Sue

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Sue. Please do not listen to these people. It is a horrible trade. You do not want to go there. But you are stuck now. I'll let you out of this nasty place and even pay you $1500 for the week. (Just a joke, Dave M, not a real solicitation!)

Go and enjoy!

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
David

I was so vulnerable yesterday but I am certain to keep it now!!!

Kind of sad when we get so crazy. Quite frankly I would be happy in a hut in Hawaii too.

Sue:cheer:

Last edited: