• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why I Will Renew My Tug Membership

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently received a notice that my yearly membership in TUG is due. At first I thought I might not renew. Rather than spend my time posting negative thoughts about Marriott, I could spend more time at the beach. And we have some really nice beaches here in Santa Barbara.

But then I thought about the joy that I experience whenever a newbie decides to rescind a contract with Marriott. Frankly, I think a little bell rings and an angel earns his or her wings whenever a TS buyer is encouraged to rescind a TS purchase (I’m Catholic and I enjoy old movies – that will help you understand the last sentence). I even hang out in the Jacuzzi at Marriott properties hoping to find a new customer that I can convince to rescind. The possibility of causing a sales rep to lose a commission gives me goose bumps.

So there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth by Marriott sales reps and TUGGERS who love their Marriotts because I’m here for another year. Buckle up! Its going to be a bumpy ride!

[P.S. I enjoy reading a lot of the posts by TUGGERS. Many of you are insightful, interesting, and funny.]

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Well, you can just submit reviews to TUG of the various resorts and hot tubs, and that will renew your membership for free. :D

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
This site was a major contributing factor in me saving at least $15K on my TS purchase. $15/year is mouse nuts compared to that! :banana: I don't see myself ever not renewing.

Kurt

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything you mentioned is available without being a member of Tug. You can still bash Marriott and you can still post and help newbies.

Being a member gets you sightings and reviews.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
This site was a major contributing factor in me saving at least $15K on my TS purchase. $15/year is mouse nuts compared to that! :banana: I don't see myself ever not renewing.

Kurt

I am with you!

I learned so much and saved so much money I will be a member for life. I just renewed for 3 years.

Anyway, I enjoy looking at the board on almost a daily basis, so why not be a member on that alone!

Joe

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
T. U. G. Is Worth Its Weight In Entertainment Value.

I spend more time at TUG & TUG-BBS than anywhere else on the Internet, including eBay & Craig's List & Drudge Report & Yahoo & InstaPundit & E-Mail I don't know what-all.

Plus, I don't do timeshare exchanges without checking out the TUG Resort Reviews ahead of time.

And in addition to all the practical timeshare-related back & forth available on TUG-BBS, the TUG-BBS discussion forums are heavy in entertainment value all on their own.

TUG not only enhances the timeshare experience, it also provides a way of enjoying timeshares & timesharing vicariously throughout the year when I'm just sitting here at home.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

I agree with the above quote 100% ! I don't see my family every not renewing our membership.

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way as Lawlar. Except I like to specifically warn people when it comes to morritts. I have yet to use any other feature of TUG beyond the forum but I'm a member because I want to support the site. Keep up the great work everyone!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a fantastic thread. I really am proud to continue what my father (and you other original members) started.

Its pretty rare to be a part of something so beneficial to all those who find it!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Measuring Success.

This is a fantastic thread. I really am proud to continue what my father (and you other original members) started.

Its pretty rare to be a part of something so beneficial to all those who find it!
We'll know exactly how big a success it is when TUGBrian goes out & buys an outstanding resale timeshare for nickels on the full-freight dollar.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
lol...sadly with this position I get no vacation time. so even a penny timeshare would be a waste for moi!

only trips I get to take each year are to the ARDA conferences. (although I do stay in timeshares during those visits!)

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Renta-Renta-Renta.

I get no vacation time. so even a penny timeshare would be a waste for moi!
Not necessarily.

You can rent out your outstanding resale timeshare(s) for big bux.

Plus, you can take your portable computer with you when you're timeshare vacationing & keep TUG-BBS going from whatever remote command post you're inhabiting at the time -- maybe even via wi-fi out by the pool.

After all, there is no reason for the TUG Grand Pro not to have his own timeshare(s).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
never said I wasnt an owner =)

Just that I have little need to purchase any additional timeshares even for a penny!

I do take the laptop to do daily business...its just far more difficult...you never realize how much you miss two big monitors until you try to do all your work on a little laptop screen!

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spend more time at TUG & TUG-BBS than anywhere else on the Internet, including eBay & Craig's List & Drudge Report & Yahoo & InstaPundit & E-Mail I don't know what-all.

Plus, I don't do timeshare exchanges without checking out the TUG Resort Reviews ahead of time.

And in addition to all the practical timeshare-related back & forth available on TUG-BBS, the TUG-BBS discussion forums are heavy in entertainment value all on their own.

TUG not only enhances the timeshare experience, it also provides a way of enjoying timeshares & timesharing vicariously throughout the year when I'm just sitting here at home.

I'm with Alan on this. I spend far more time here than anywhere. The practical information is of great value, but the entertainment factor in and of itself is worth the price.

Marty

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto....I can't even begin to calculate the money I've saved, not just from the purchase of timeshares (and that is substantial), but lots of other things as well. There are two bills I'm happy to pay each year: this one and AAA. Both incredible bargains.
Connie

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
But then I thought about the joy that I experience whenever a newbie decides to rescind a contract with Marriott. Frankly, I think a little bell rings and an angel earns his or her wings whenever a TS buyer is encouraged to rescind a TS purchase

Every so often I tell my husband, "This guy just spent $50,000 on timeshare X." My husband says, "OMG, tell him to rescind." To which I reply, "16 people already have."

Angels getting wings because someone rescinded is a lovely thought.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
This site is well worth every penny...my favorite ad it has saved me moeny, provided me info, and has the greatest knowledable people. I paid for my first year and got my second year free I believe from writing reviews..now how cool is that....

Thank you TUG!!!