• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI and World Mark

klconley

Reaction score
Does anyone know if RCI exchange rate is different for World Mark than it is for Wyndham? Thanks. Kelly

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is.

These 2 point systems has total different point scale. Although if WM continue to increase its points required for new resort and Wyndham stop build new resort, in 20 years, WM may catch Wyndham

Jya-Ning

klconley

Reaction score
Thanks

I guess I was wondering if WM was perhaps less expensive to trade with RCI than Wyndham. Kelly

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very different point grid.

Wyndham RCI/II generic deposit grid is start from 28k Stdio blue season, 42k stdio white season, 70k Stdio red season, 105k 1BD red sason, and so on.

WM RCI/II deposit is start from 4000 Stdio blue, 6000 Stdio White, 8000 Stdio Red, 9000 1 BD red.

So it all depends on what kind of depeosit you need to put in.

Generally speaking, WM's prime season, unit size does not cost too much more than a bad season, small unit. Wyndham you will see the difference close to 30% various with area. And with new introduced president suit, it will cost over 50% in some cases with just one unit size upgrade. or 300% compare prime season to bad season.

So, if you always want to travel with 2 BD unit prime season in mind, WM will be much cost effective.

Jya-Ning

klconley

Reaction score
Thanks

Since I'm not familiar with wm point system yet, this is confusing, but I will study up on it. We were told that Wyndham charges $166 for a trade on a reservation with RCI. What would the cost be to trade the same reservation with RCI when own wm? Thanks. Kelly

I am willing to read. Any reading that is suggested I will do. thanks.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I'm not familiar with wm point system yet, this is confusing, but I will study up on it. We were told that Wyndham charges $166 for a trade on a reservation with RCI. What would the cost be to trade the same reservation with RCI when own wm? Thanks. Kelly

I am willing to read. Any reading that is suggested I will do. thanks.

You probably read wrong.

If you are US customer, RCI charges $164 for Domestic week exchange, and $199 for international exchange. No matter what resort you make deposit. It charges different on the point side.

If you want, you should go visit RCI at www.rci.com and read its disclosure guide. Somewhere there has a charge fee. http://www.rci.com/RCI/RCIW/RCIW_index?body=RCIW_Disclosure.

If you are thinking of WM you should reading their owner's manual
http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/education/pdfs/basic_owner_ed_handbook.pdf

You can read Wyndham's manual follow tug's sticky note
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48232 post #3

I will first look at the point range (or credit range) that I feel comfortable with (purchase / maintain), than start to see which resort(s) I can get. Than read the rules, see how much charge I will pay, and when I can make reservation, and what kind of restrictions on these reservation. Then I will try to find out what I can do if I could not use the credit I purchase, or what I can do if I want more.

Usually, you may find some thread in the owner specific forums like www.wmowners.com or forums.atozed.com

Or you can find something in the Advice session from tug http://www.tug2.net/tugadvic.shtml.

Should not worry about RCI and II. It is last of what you will read and try to understand before you pull the trigger.

Find out what you can use is most important.

Jya-Ning

klconley

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

Jya-Ning, you are a wealth of info. Actually I had forgotten the exact exchange rates of RCI, but it helps to know it's about the same with both Wm and wn. I have copies the pdfs and will read them.