• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms photos

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
Got back from a mini holiday at Ocean Pointe. I sauntered up the beach where I take these photos of Oceana Palms.

I'm able to walk astride the resort which is under construction at this point. It's not the easiest thing shooting photos at an active construction site, but I try to give folks an idea of what the size of the building is and how things are shaping up. Also a few shots of neighboring hi-rises and a shot of Ocean Pointe up the beach ( the resorts are less than a 15 minute walk apart).

Hope these images put some sort of a face on what is going on with Oceana Palms.

Barry

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. They are very good. I have to say, though, that the location is way too urban for me. The neighboring buildings are huge. I guess that's why I like Hilton Head Island and Sanibel Island so much...no high rises.

Steve

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Nice pictures Barry ... I can see you're excited about it, and with reason.

I had forgotten how tall some of the neighbours are ... that one must be 40+ stories. Don't they have a height limit Re: shading the beach too early? Beach looks very nice. Hope the garage is better planned than at BeachPlace.

Thanks for sharing. When is opeining day?

Brian

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Thanks for the pictures. They are very good. I have to say, though, that the location is way too urban for me. The neighboring buildings are huge. I guess that's why I like Hilton Head Island and Sanibel Island so much...no high rises.

Steve

But the ocean water is soooooo much clearer at Ocean Pointe than it is at Hilton Head. I guess each has it's trade off's.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Got back from a mini holiday at Ocean Pointe. I sauntered up the beach where I take these photos of Oceana Palms.

I'm able to walk astride the resort which is under construction at this point. It's not the easiest thing shooting photos at an active construction site, but I try to give folks an idea of what the size of the building is and how things are shaping up. Also a few shots of neighboring hi-rises and a shot of Ocean Pointe up the beach ( the resorts are less than a 15 minute walk apart).

Hope these images put some sort of a face on what is going on with Oceana Palms.

Barry

Very nice photo's and I think you've done a good job of capturing the resort in progress. They've come a long ways since we were there back in December. At that time it was just a lot.

It appears they may have done some work to the beach. When I walked it last December there wasn't much level about it. There was a lot of erosion and it had a pretty steep drop off getting to the water.

Steel5Rings

Reaction score
Nice photos....looks like you got awesome weather....nice placid ocean.

Not sure I am crazy about all of the parking on the lower levels, but, I guess with the cost of oceanfront land these days you do what you have to.

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing the photos of oceana palms. it sure is fun to see the progress. they have made great strides since we were there in feb/mar. after seeing the pictures, i wish i were back there right now at ocean pointe!!

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
Thanks all for your comments.

I think that the thing which is tricky to wrap one's imagination around is that this MVC project is quite smaller than most other MVC projects. I mean this in the sense that it will consist of 2 buildings only and that these buildings are much smaller in length ( 142 feet ) than those at Ocean Pointe. There are only 3 ocean front villas and 4 ocean view villas on each floor ( 2 on each side ). It's an intimate sort of set up, but in a hi-rise. That's what the botique resort idea with the larger balconies and Ritz Carlton interior design teams are all about. I myself do not have a finger on who is purchasing here, though I myself would not reccomend it to families with Ocean Pointe 700 yards up the beach.

As this image shows, Oceana Palms is a small fry compared to its 40 floor neighbor ( I pink out part of a nearby condo which apprears to blend into the Oceana Palms building to emphasize its smaller size ). Steve, I wouldn't characterize the area "urban" other than saying that scarcity of land makes building high on the beach the norm in this part of Florida. But on this stretch at Riveria Beach, the neighborhood remains decidedly simple aside from the hi rises -- in other words, the area is not as built up as Hollywood or Ft. Lauderdale which do indeed feel more urban. That said, Ocean Pointe's strength is being located on 24 acres on the same exact beach as Oceana Palms, but in the village of Palm Beach Shores which is consciously low rise. The wildcard for Oceana Palms is precisely what sort of future development will occur in Riveria Beach which has elected to spend part of its redevelopment monies on the beach areas first ( the Ocean Mall project is alive again, but I do not know who the developer is and what is ultimately planned for the site ). Both Ocean Pointe and Oceana Palms will benefit from what ever goes up at the Ocean Mall site as it has to mean more restaurants and shops.

I do try to convey the lay of the land in my images because Oceana Palms sits admidst a couple of very tall condominiums. This image shows the two lots between Oceana Palms and that big hi-rise. Perhaps some other TUGgers who venture down to do a preview might want to inquire about what's going on with that lot ( part of it is referred to as the 'John B Lynch' property in my plot plans ). You gotta assume that something will be built there, but what is anyone's guess.

I guess that for the time being I'll end up as the Oceana Palms historian who snaps some "baby pictures" of the resort.

Brian, I guess that one big difference between now and the past is that MVC is not quite as free with the points when negotiating a deal. I'd be curious as to what Marriott is offering at this moment at Oceana Palms and some of the other new projects like Marco. Probably not as much as the good old days. Then again, as they say in those wise guy mafia movies, " just when I thought I was out . . . I bought another Marriott timeshare".

Barry

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Urban

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised... it didn't look as "urban" as I expected.
:)