• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We recinded our offer but need help with resale

ogisbad

Reaction score
My wife and I signed at a Welk resort for $30,000 for 300,000 points and thought we got a great deal. We had no intention of buying a timeshare when we went up for the "tour".

After coming home, finding this website and reading the posts, we recinded our deal. The general feedback for people in our position was that we paid about twice what we should have. My question -- How do we go about finding the "same" deal for half price? Welk tells us that they buy up all resales so there is no way we can find a deal. Please help us understand the process of resale. We would very much like to but into the welk resort in escondido.

Thank you in advance for your help

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
First of all, I would commit to not buying anything for 6 mos. Then I would spend some time on TUG every day just doing my homework. There are lots of places you can buy a Welk TS resale, but before you jump out of the frying pan into the fire, you should do some research - make that lots of research. You may find that there is another resort that's even better for you. Hang around!

gge

TUG Member
Reaction score
just want to know what Welk will come back and say after cancellation

ogisbad

Reaction score
I'll let you know what happens. We just faxed the letter and requested a return reciept. Someone ther opened it. Stay tuned.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
eBay All The Way.

How do we go about finding the "same" deal for half price?

e B a y

Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk will be a tougher acquisition than most.. They have a very active direct buy program- so eBay probably won't be a great place to look (the timeshare relief folks won't get their hands on many of these!)...

I've seen ads from Re/Max Town Centre's Timeshare Division for several of the Welk properties..... You can probably google them and give a call..

Good luck- and great choice of resort!

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I suggest that you go back and read your contract to see what it says you need to do in order to rescind. Faxing them a letter may not be accepted. It probably has to be done in writing. Make sure that you follow the directions exactly. If you mail the letter, use the return receipt card to have evidence that they received it.

Bill4728

Reaction score
My wife and I signed at a Welk resort for $30,000 for 300,000 points and thought we got a great deal. We had no intention of buying a timeshare when we went up for the "tour".

After coming home, finding this website and reading the posts, we recinded our deal. The general feedback for people in our position was that we paid about twice what we should have. My question -- How do we go about finding the "same" deal for half price?
Welk resorts has for a long time sold their TS as a "per week" system. Their "points" system is new. Therefore finding and buying the "point" system may not be as easy as it is for almost all other TS systems. BUT if you like the resort you should have no problem buy a "week" from a current owner.
Welk tells us that they buy up all resales so there is no way we can find a deal. Please help us understand the process of resale. We would very much like to but into the welk resort in escondido.

Thank you in advance for your help
One of salemen's biggest lies is "We buy up all resales so there is no way (you'll) find a deal." Many TS systems do use ROFR to buy really cheap resales but generally that means resales which are at least 50% cheaper than the TS sytem is selling the TS for. So it isn't true that you'll not be able to find a deal. But it's unlikely you'll geta 80 -90% discount you can get with other TS systems.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Were Their Lips Moving ?

One of salemen's biggest lies is "We buy up all resales so there is no way (you'll) find a deal."
You can never get a bargain resale deal on our timeshare anywehre. Why not? Cuz we buy'm all back.

-- AND --

Sorry, no. You can't get a refund on your timeshare. Why not? Cuz we just sell'm. We don't buy'm back.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe he should just buy a LWRV resale, and enjoy it. I'm sure it won't be long before he's offered a points upgrade, for a lot less than $30,000. Ours was a little over $10,000. I've never seen any Welk Platinum points Jean on resale, but it will probably happen....?

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk direct buys...

Welk has probably been the most aggressive developer in re-acquiring units from current owners over the last three years (to supplement their point trust).. They actually send purchase offers to all owners routinely.. Because of this, there has been a noticeable increase in resale prices for this resort as the most highly motivated sellers are removed from the market..

If you are shopping eBay for this resort- I urge even more caution that normal... If it sounds too good to be true- it most likely isn't advertised correctly..

Good luck!