• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Poll: What Starwood Timeshare(s) Do You Own?

What Starwood Timeshares Do You Own?

• Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas (I)

Votes: 67 16.8%
  • Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas - North (II)

Votes: 58 14.5%
  • Westin Kierland Villas

Votes: 62 15.5%
  • Westin St. John

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Westin St. John, Bay View

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Votes: 40 10.0%
  • Sheraton Vistana Village

Votes: 80 20.1%
  • Sheraton Vistana Village, Amelia Phase

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Westin Mission Hills

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Sheraton Desert Oasis

Votes: 50 12.5%
  • Sheraton Vistana Resort

Votes: 45 11.3%
  • Sheraton Mountain Vista

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Sheraton PGA

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Lakeside Terrace

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas

Votes: 33 8.3%
  • Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Westin Desert Willow

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Westin Aruba Ocean Villas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-SVN Villas of Cave Creek

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Non-SVN Vistana's Beach Club

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Westin Riverfront

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Westin Steamboat Springs

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can vote for as many resorts as you own - but you can only vote once.

If you make a mistake, post the correction you need in this thread, I think I can edit it.

I listed them in the same order as David listed them in his acronyms sticky, except I put Amelia under Vistana Villages, and Bay View under WSJ, to make them easier to find.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Nicole - Yes, you can only vote once per resort, but I think I can edit it and add another vote for you if you wish. (Haven't tried yet.) :D

I don't know if that's a good idea or not. I'm not much of a Stats person. It will make the outcome look like more people own at that resort.

Any thoughts on that, Math People? :D

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I don't know if that's a good idea or not. I'm not much of a Stats person. It will make the outcome look like more people own at that resort.

Any thoughts on that, Math People? :D

It depends what you intend to do with the data.

I gather it will meet your needs if you want to get a general count of SVO TS owned.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi David - I just thought it would be interesting to see the results, so I am open to suggestions about how to set it up.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi David - I just thought it would be interesting to see the results, so I am open to suggestions about how to set it up.

I guess you could let people go in and vote again - or be able to add a VOI. Of course, handling EOYs is an issue - so - I think it is fine as is. Perhaps as somebody wants to add a VOI - they could contact you.

I am curious also - it would be good to remind people to vote who don't visit here as often as us. :eek:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great idea, David - can you please email them? ;)

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
This is a great idea, Denise. Thanks for including the poll!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a great idea, Denise. Thanks for including the poll!

Glad you like it! :hi: Looks like we're getting good participation!

rocky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's interesting info. I have to admit my first thought upon seeing the data is that it's truly more interesting to STARWOOD to see where the active TUG SVO owners own and how many of them there are on TUG. It would help them answer questions like "which resorts need salespeople to be familiar with and ready to respond to issues routinely raised on TUG" or "do we need to bother with having a SVO Lurker on TUG to address issues raised by SVO TUG members".

It may make it clear as to whether or not we are worth bothering with/worrying about.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
In thinking about this - there are a few things that come to mind.

In order to respond to this poll you will need to register (although free) on TUG. I believe there are a lot of lurkers out there who do not bother/want to do this. So they are not being represented.

Closer to home - in doing a search on what TUG members/guests list as their resort - there is likely to be low representation. For example - there are about 20 Tuggers who list as owning WSJ - yet at this point it lists 2 people (and I am one of them). This is again lack of true representation.

It appears that those represented in this poll are only going to be those few of us who contribute on a regular basis - especially compared to SVO Tuggers and lurkers overall. This is where a poll like this fails (not unlike political polling) to truly represent those that come to this board for info. It only shows who is contributing.

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Just curious - why is Westin Mission Hills in italics??

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious - why is Westin Mission Hills in italics??

Cuz CathyB is so mad at them!!!

Actually, it italicizes (on your screen) the one that you personally "voted" for.

Last edited:

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
I voted. Although voting isn't gonna actually do anything for any candidate I may be in favor of.:p

To be more accurate I checked the appropriate boxes. This poll does not differentiate between SVN members or non members nor does it give any stats on annual vs EEY or lock-off vs non, # of bdrms, etc. My 2 units are both non-SVN, both purchased resale off e-bay and 1 is a LO EEY. Just in case you are collecting any additional info, Denise. I have always used them for exchanging to date. That will change with 2009. I will be using both units myself. The MF and exchange fees are just getting to high to play that game.

I am impressed that so many have already purchased at the new Princeville Westin. Someone's stocks must be doing a lot better than mine!;)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's interesting info. I have to admit my first thought upon seeing the data is that it's truly more interesting to STARWOOD to see where the active TUG SVO owners own and how many of them there are on TUG. It would help them answer questions like "which resorts need salespeople to be familiar with and ready to respond to issues routinely raised on TUG" or "do we need to bother with having a SVO Lurker on TUG to address issues raised by SVO TUG members".

It may make it clear as to whether or not we are worth bothering with/worrying about.

svo reps already read TUG. just an fyi =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
In thinking about this - there are a few things that come to mind.

In order to respond to this poll you will need to register (although free) on TUG. I believe there are a lot of lurkers out there who do not bother/want to do this. So they are not being represented.

Closer to home - in doing a search on what TUG members/guests list as their resort - there is likely to be low representation. For example - there are about 20 Tuggers who list as owning WSJ - yet at this point it lists 2 people (and I am one of them). This is again lack of true representation.

It appears that those represented in this poll are only going to be those few of us who contribute on a regular basis - especially compared to SVO Tuggers and lurkers overall. This is where a poll like this fails (not unlike political polling) to truly represent those that come to this board for info. It only shows who is contributing.

also important to note that this poll has been up for less than 48 hours now....there are only a small % of bbs users who visit the board on a daily basis.

The poll wont likely ever be closed...and as it gets seen by more and more members...and it climbs the search engine rankings...more will find it and participate in it.

but I dont think its possible to get a complete selection of every svo owner on the TUGBBS forums...some simply just wont ever see or notice the poll.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we make it a sticky?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Arlene - I plan on making it a sticky eventually, but while it's still getting lots of hits, I think it's more visible where it is.

What do you think?

Also, if a forum has too many stickies I think it looks messy and the stickies lose their impact. I was thinking about making a folder for Archived threads and put the renting & requalifying threads in it with a clear label? Other important threads could be added as more evolve.

Last edited:

Nicole D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about making a folder for Archived threads and put the renting & requalifying threads in it with a clear label? Other important threads could be added as more evolve.

Denise,
Can I just say that you are doing an awesome job with this forum. All the energy and effort you put into this tells me you must be a fantastic teacher. You really go above and beyond. To me you have already earned your TUG Lifetime Membership.:clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Nicole! That is so sweet! I am really enjoying being a Mod and I feel lucky to be part of a board with such nice members!

Last edited:

rocky

TUG Member
Reaction score
svo reps already read TUG. just an fyi =)

Yes, I know. :) Once, back in the day long ago when I purchased my unit they called me and asked me to remove/modify one of my postings. I had posted that I negotiated extra starpoints for financing a portion of the purchase with them. Ooopss, said it again! :ignore:

I didn't need the financing but suspected it would garner me more points so I tried, and sure enough, it did.

tonyh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, wouldn't this data be more useful if we also know how many of these units are resale purchases vs developer purchases?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Tony - it would be interesting, but that would give the poll 42 categories, which is a bit much.

Maybe we could do another poll later regarding developer and resale purchases. How were you thinking of using the info.?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
In regards to the Poll.

22 Tuggers (registered users) have WSJ listed as a resort they own.
41 have WKV listed.
72 have WKORV (N and/or S) listed
23 have WMH listed.

That is from a CP Users search - and only those who choose to list the resorts they own. Quite a ways to go to catch-up with the poll - and a more accurate representation of SVO Owners. Polls can be very deceiving (and when politics/media are involved - purposely deceiving).