• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AMS Corp. Exit Assistance

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Anyone hear of this company? We attended an "informational meeting" tonight at a local restaurant.

Interesting concept based on more fear tactics, with a big fee paid to help timeshare owners walk away with a nominal fee paid.

I didn't show enough interest to get an actual contract offered, but did take a photo of the overview of the pricing.

It was also interesting that they had the TUG logo on one of their slides.IMG_20230525_190805.jpgIMG_20230525_183300~2.jpg

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Just another slimy exit company making bold promises. The BBB has an alert for deceptive advertising and statements. The most recent BBB complaint states that the head attorney advised that in order to exit the timeshare they needed to stop paying the monthly payments. This was after they were paid $4,300. I didn’t read all the complaints but another one just a few away from the most recent also stated that the company advised them to go into default.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the picture interesting as to how this company could so boldly predict what your MFs will be 10, 20, 30 years down the road.

It also uses that infamous scare tactic telling you that your heirs will be burdened with this when you die.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I found the picture interesting as to how this company could so boldly predict what your MFs will be 10, 20, 30 years down the road.

It also uses that infamous scare tactic telling you that your heirs will be burdened with this when you die.
Yes, they even quoted some Florida state statutes about if you sell a timeshare and your buyer defaults on their MFs, you can still be held liable for up to 10 years!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just another slimy exit company making bold promises. The BBB has an alert for deceptive advertising and statements. The most recent BBB complaint states that the head attorney advised that in order to exit the timeshare they needed to stop paying the monthly payments. This was after they were paid $4,300. I didn’t read all the complaints but another one just a few away from the most recent also stated that the company advised them to go into default.

Slimy was the word I used as we left the restaurant telling my DH I felt like I needed a shower when we got home. LOL

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

These exit companies LOVE scare tactics. Regarding the MF, they state that the resorts control the increases and that it is 7% - 9%, "minimum".

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bringing this one back on top, as it was a very similar presentation as the one we attended last night. Ironically . . . before we were seated, our "counselor" asked if we had been to one of these presentations. My response was "I'm not sure what you're presenting, but we are looking at possible getting rid of our last timeshare and we have attended another session on the topic."

As it turns out . . . the presentations and business model itself was pretty much the very same pitch (quoting the same Florida statues) as what this company had a couple of months ago.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@Timeshare Von How did you become aware of the presentation? I’ve noticed that the postcards that I receive never state their name anywhere. I believe that it is intentional so that they can simply add any name they want on the presentation material once you are there. If company name “ABC” starts to get some bad reviews they simply edit the presentation slides to another name such as “EFG” so that if anyone Googles the name on site can’t find anything bad about them.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Timeshare Von How did you become aware of the presentation? I’ve noticed that the postcards that I receive never state their name anywhere. I believe that it is intentional so that they can simply add any name they want on the presentation material once you are there. If company name “ABC” starts to get some bad reviews they simply edit the presentation slides to another name such as “EFG” so that if anyone Googles the name on site can’t find anything bad about them.
Yes, exactly. No names on the post cards I've received, I believe because these companies hire marketing firms to get people to their presentations. Both times I've done these types of "classes" I was able to find the companies doing the presentations on the internet, so I doesn't appear to me that they are simply changing their names from month to month (or year to year).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
While the company name isn't on the marketing material you get in the mail, we found that once we signed up they sent an email with the reservation details and that included the name of the company. It has been about 18 months since we went to our "exit seminar" and that company is still sending out postcards (Legal Consulting Inc.)