• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Continuing to get billed for club dues after paying, can't get a hold of anyone

RobotGuyPA

Reaction score
Hello,

We've owned a Vistana property for 15+ years (Lagunamar) and recently bought an even year flex plan.

We started getting bills for $250 in club dues. I paid the club dues in February. On my dashboard, I show that I don't owe any club dues. However, I keep getting letters from Vistana saying I owe club dues, now threatening to cancel my membership in the "Vistana signature network".

I have tried calling, but never get a hold of a human or a callback. I msg'd them through the dashboard a month ago - and actually got a response acknowledging the duplicate club dues were in error and that they submitted a request to have it removed.

However, I'm still getting letters - still having a heck of a time getting a hold of a human to discuss this.

Has Vistana degenerated this badly? I'm new to the forums - never needed "support" on this program before.

I'd love any suggestions on how to resolve this.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a business address to where you should pay your Club dues ?
Suggestion only write a cordial letter addressing the problem and a copy of your paid CLUB DUES statement. Mailed it certified, with a returned certified respond from the post office, so that you will know it was received by the billing department. Good Luck.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sadly, you need to call and be willing to wait on hold long enough to talk with a person. Don't do callback. It is a new system and there are certainly a lot of problems and glitches.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
...and even then, don't expect a quick resolution. I was double-billed for Club Dues. Went through the on hold waiting game and when I finally got to an agent, they thought there was a simple fix. 15 minutes later, the agent wasn't able to correct and opened a "ticket" to have it fixed. That was January 13th and it still hasn't been fixed despite 10-11 follow ups via email (all responded to with apologies....but no resolution). Absurdity.

I have made it clear if any of my stays are canceled or negatively impacted I will go through the roof!

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
A complaint is not a complaint unless it is written with documentation.

JONC777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham 168000
bluegreen
Kahana Beach Club
Hello,

We've owned a Vistana property for 15+ years (Lagunamar) and recently bought an even year flex plan.

We started getting bills for $250 in club dues. I paid the club dues in February. On my dashboard, I show that I don't owe any club dues. However, I keep getting letters from Vistana saying I owe club dues, now threatening to cancel my membership in the "Vistana signature network".

I have tried calling, but never get a hold of a human or a callback. I msg'd them through the dashboard a month ago - and actually got a response acknowledging the duplicate club dues were in error and that they submitted a request to have it removed.

However, I'm still getting letters - still having a heck of a time getting a hold of a human to discuss this.

Has Vistana degenerated this badly? I'm new to the forums - never needed "support" on this program before.

File a BBB complaint? Mail a letter (snail-mail) to the corporate office? Call the corporate office? Annoy someone at a property so much you find a back channel in?

Just some tools I would use. . .

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
I'd keep your receipts and not worry about it. Yes there are glitches in the new system (probably tied to automated mailers). You have confirmation from their side that there are duplicate charges and they have received payment, so I wouldn't stress too much.

(Hint) that said, if you really want to get through, try the number in the stickies on this board. Don't use the ones on Vistana's website

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I also got a letter saying I owed the club dues. When I called this morning, he said that they were not included in this year's statement. When I asked him what the club dues were for, he said so I wouldn't have to pay for exchanges, guest certificates, etc. He was not very experienced, and I asked for a supervisor. I was on hold for a long time and finally hung up. I own a two-bedroom platinum every other year, and only exchange it every other year for Hawaii. Do I need the Club dues? Is it an option?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I also got a letter saying I owed the club dues. When I called this morning, he said that they were not included in this year's statement. When I asked him what the club dues were for, he said so I wouldn't have to pay for exchanges, guest certificates, etc. He was not very experienced, and I asked for a supervisor. I was on hold for a long time and finally hung up. I own a two-bedroom platinum every other year, and only exchange it every other year for Hawaii. Do I need the Club dues? Is it an option?
Assuming all of your ownerships are at VSN voluntary resorts, if you don't pay the Club Dues you will be unenrolled from Abound as well as unenrolled from VSN. You won't be able to use StarOptions or Abound Club Points. If you are booking with StarOptions you need to pay the Club Dues. If you are exchanging through II only, then may not be necessary.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Yes, I will be booking with my Westin Desert Willow EOEY StarOptions for this exchange resort. My other SDO resorts do not have StarOptions, but this one does. Thank you.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Suggestion only to the OP.

Pay the Club Dues with a credit card and when the issue have been resolved in your favor.
Have your CC issuer to remove the payment from your account.

Good luck