• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good deal or not, Playa Andalusia ?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Hi, we arrived at Playa Andalusia (PA) yesterday, and went to a presentation this afternoon. It was nice, low-key, no pressure from our sales guy. He and mgr said vast majority buy at PA for the low cost of weeks for the points, and to retro in resale weeks.
We don't have units to retro.

So here was their offer:
$11,800 USD for a silver 2bdrm annual week, worth 1950 club pts. MF 1375 euros
$7100. USD for an EOY, 1375€ paid EOY.

The Spanish TSs are RTU, with PA, ending in 2052 (29 more yrs). (Marbella ends in 2076)..
They had only silver or platinum weeks to sell. No gold.

The silver season is one reason why I hesitate. But it's somewhat tempting to augment our current pts by an avg of 1000 pts s year. And get Marriott trading priority in II. We have Vistana priority, which is so-so. I think the number of points to trade are a lot more tho, and II availability is TBD.

What do you think? Good,. bad or so-so deal?
TIA

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
Last September we purchased 2 weeks (cant be used June, July, or August) hat convert to 2400 points each, and this also enabled us to convert a 3rd party purchase at Myrtle Beach to be in rolled into Destinations (Abound) a well.

We did it for two reasons:

1) To get the 4800 points at $4.79 per point. This is cheapest points you can ever purchase that i have found, by a large margin.

2) It took us to the Chairman level. Which currently is not worth much, but I believe Marriott will make the differentiation between President and Chairman larger in the near future.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, we arrived at Playa Andalusia (PA) yesterday, and went to a presentation this afternoon. It was nice, low-key, no pressure from our sales guy. He and mgr said vast majority buy at PA for the low cost of weeks for the points, and to retro in resale weeks.
We don't have units to retro.

So here was their offer:
$11,800 USD for a silver 2bdrm annual week, worth 1950 club pts. MF 1375 euros
$7100. USD for an EOY, 1375€ paid EOY.

The Spanish TSs are RTU, with PA, ending in 2052 (29 more yrs). (Marbella ends in 2076)..
They had only silver or platinum weeks to sell. No gold.

The silver season is one reason why I hesitate. But it's somewhat tempting to augment our current pts by an avg of 1000 pts s year. And get Marriott trading priority in II. We have Vistana priority, which is so-so. I think the number of points to trade are a lot more tho, and II availability is TBD.

What do you think? Good,. bad or so-so deal?
TIA

I would not buy silver, I'd look at Gold or above there. There have been some reports of some very good deals direct on Gold weeks for Spain with reasonable fee to points ratio and reasonable prices.

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
If you are not looking to stay in Spain and your main reason is to get "cheap" Abound Points, why not buy silver?

The price they were quoting for June, July, September was quite a bit of difference and still only get the 2400 points per week.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are not looking to stay in Spain and your main reason is to get "cheap" Abound Points, why not buy silver?

The price they were quoting for June, July, September was quite a bit of difference and still only get the 2400 points per week.
Because the fee per point is far too high to make that reasonable IMO. I want to be at 50¢ PP or under for fees on points but certainly no higher than just owning points outright.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The buy in point price they quoted was $6.05/pt, which is really good. The previous list price for silver week was $23.4K vs today's $11.8 K. It's the MF in euros that's "high" to me.... currently 68¢ USD / pt, which I know is about rate for vistana flex trust pts. I'm spoiled by lower Vistana Florida fees.

There were no gold weeks available. List on those is $26.7K

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The buy in point price they quoted was $6.05/pt, which is really good. The previous list price for silver week was $23.4K vs today's $11.8 K. It's the MF in euros that's "high" to me.... currently 68¢ USD / pt, which I know is about rate for vistana flex trust pts. I'm spoiled by lower Vistana Florida fees.

There were no gold weeks available. List on those is $26.7K
I would refer you to This thread. If they don't have Gold weeks now, they will later, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing you to silver and did have them.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, do I read 1950 points for MF of about 1500 USD (annual week)? If I read that correctly, that's an MF of 77 cents per point, higher than regular points MF. I'm not sure that there isn't some level where paying more MF might be good, but in general Dean is right that it's too high.

My Andaluza is 41 cents per point MF, not the best but obviously way lower than the 77 cents. The other thread Dean noted had a (to me at least) screaming deal. Spain is a good place to find some great deals at times. I would not take the deal myself.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks all for your replies. We're going to pass on the silver week offer.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I own at Playa & Marbella, the only silver I would buy in Playa is the 3 bed seafront as that gives 3375 points which is a great deal. I know some of the reps there very well and they always let me know the best deals etc going on. To me, they wanted to offload silver to you as they always have gold. European weeks are a good conversion for points/MF but gold is the best as platinum the buy in price to high.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Playa & Marbella, the only silver I would buy in Playa is the 3 bed seafront as that gives 3375 points which is a great deal. I know some of the reps there very well and they always let me know the best deals etc going on. To me, they wanted to offload silver to you as they always have gold. European weeks are a good conversion for points/MF but gold is the best as platinum the buy in price to high.
Yes, the sea fronts are a deal for sure if you can get a good price.

Maple Leaf

Reaction score
I was at Playa last November and the MVC Marbella 25th anniversary offer was a 1 week 2 bedroom Marbella Silver season (2225 VCP or 75,000 Bonvoy), list price of $18,000 offered for $10,800 plus holiday gift of 2000 VCP. Availability in 2023 with no maintenance fee until 2024. I think the Maintenance fee was around $1400. That's $4.85 pp without the bonus.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at Playa last November and the MVC Marbella 25th anniversary offer was a 1 week 2 bedroom Marbella Silver season (2225 VCP or 75,000 Bonvoy), list price of $18,000 offered for $10,800 plus holiday gift of 2000 VCP. Availability in 2023 with no maintenance fee until 2024. I think the Maintenance fee was around $1400. That's $4.85 pp without the bonus.
But that would be $1400 MF / 2225 points = 63 cents per point MF, not very good.