• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Wait List Does Not Appear to Work as Advertised

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I have been on a waitlist for a reservation for several months. To make the reservation, I need to borrow staroptions from next year. This morning at 6am, I saw the reservation I need; it was not flagged for my waitlist request. By the time Vistana is open at 9, it will probably be gone. My maintenance has been prepaid for next year, but I have no way to book this. Does anyone have experience with the waitlist? It does not appear to actually take the request unit out of inventory.

Reaction score
Bad to hear it =(. Here are some suggestions that maybe help:

1. Contact Vistana customer service.
  2. Check your waitlist settings.
  3. Consider alternative dates or unit types.
  4. Keep checking for availability. Availability can change quickly, so keep checking for the reservation you need.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you access the Vistana waitlist. I have searched the Vistana website and have not been able to find the option to utilize the waitlist service.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do you access the Vistana waitlist. I have searched the Vistana website and have not been able to find the option to utilize the waitlist service.
You have to call. It also was just for higher level elite owners.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I can see where waitlist with the need to borrow points might cause the issue. That said, I understand the waitlist with Vistana is manual on their end, is that still true?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The wait list requires a manual search by a Vistana employee - so who knows if Marriott even does it anymore.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
The wait list requires a manual search by a Vistana employee - so who knows if Marriott even does it anymore.
Probably not as it was a perk of the * Elite system that is seemingly no longer supported.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Probably not as it was a perk of the * Elite system that is seemingly no longer supported.

Sucks for all those Owners that bought more to attain 4* to get a waitlist benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk