• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pam from CA

Reaction score
Found a Number!

Dolphin's [sic] Cove Owners Association, Inc.
c/o Wyndham Vacation Resorts
8427 South Park Circle
Orlando, FL 32819
1-800-251-8736

It's after hours here. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I've searched the documents shared here, and I've searched the Internet; but nowhere have I found a phone number for the Dolphins Cove Resort Owners Association.

This is a problem because I owe them for past-due fees. I've received a legal notice for the periodic owner fees plus late charges, etc., including the mysterious "Other Fees."

The document names the Association as the Claimant, but no phone number or payment address is given.

I do not want to mail a payment to the Dolphin Cove address itself, because I don't think it will get to the right office; and I want proof that I paid it.

This got out of hand during family illness. When I initially went to make the late payments via the website as I had always done, it wouldn't let me. At that time, I called every number I could find and no one could get me to the office I need. Even a collection person would not give me HIS number! Calling the Resort didn't help either; they're just set up for reservations mainly.

If anyone can help me, please do. This is getting very stressful. On top of all of that, we haven't even been able to use our timeshare at all - ever :(

Thanks, everyone.

Here is the number, press 2 for reservations. You don't have to make a reservation with the reservationist, she can simply take phone payment from you, too.

1-888-273-2554

If you want to send a check, you can send it to

Wyndham Vacation Ownership
10750 Charleston Blvd Ste 130
Las Vegas, NV 89135

And they will get it to the appropriate party.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call this number. (800) 225-3522 Option 2 this is the group that handles most of the old weeks owners like me

They should be able to help. And tell them I suggested that you call. And let me know what happens

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron's number is billing & collections. Either number will get you to someone who will take your payments, but billing is probably the better one.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Choosing When To Travel... Wyndham's Online Reservation Timeline Calculator

Choosing When To Travel...

Club Wyndham Plus
Online Reservation Timeline Calculator

This is a helpful tool for planning dates (Express & Regular reservations) and for the Canceling deadline your Wyndham vacations (remember you must CANCEL BEFORE the date you see). Cancel at least 15 days before travel to get your Wyndham points returned.

link:
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffr/bookingCalculator.do

Cynthia T. :)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does anyone know anything (positive) about the Club Wyndham Access membership we were just introduced to in a 3-hour sales talk? Good, bad, or ugly experience would be most helpful. ASAP, please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We are in CA and prefer it. We are able to reserve units at most resorts 13 months out and the mls are stable.

FastHFP

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything (positive) about the Club Wyndham Access membership we were just introduced to in a 3-hour sales talk? Good, bad, or ugly experience would be most helpful. ASAP, please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AWFUL!! We were there from 9am until 5pm. Don't do it! Buy points online. Cheaper!!!!!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We are in the program and like it since we can book units 13 months out at the resorts we prefer.

marilyn3939nv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham 2013-2014 Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory

Is there a new link for the Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory 2013 - 2014?
I have the Grand Desert - Wyndham, Two Fairfield units in Ventura annually which my place allows me to deposit to RCI or II each year and Vacation Village in Florida points which is RCI owned. I am thinking that it would be better with RCI when I want a lot of points for a vacation?
I will not trade Fairfield for points period, as I like going there and can go whenever I want each year. Since I like Florida and Calif. I wonder if RCI would be easier for me to get populaR PLACES OR NOT?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
What is RCI Express?

RCI Express is a Club Wyndham benefit that gives you a special discount when you book within 30 days of check-in. Exchange fee is the same, only the points required are discounted. The discounted point chart is shown below.

RCI Express is available to all Club Wyndham members, even if you purchase resale.

RCI membership is provided to all Club Wyndham members as part of the Club Wyndham program fee you pay as part of your maintenance/dues. Even if you purchase resale.

Not all resorts are eligible for RCI Express bookings - though most are.

Snip20190407_15.png

#RCI #RCI Express

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have the Grand Desert - Wyndham, Two Fairfield units in Ventura annually which my place allows me to deposit to RCI or II each year and Vacation Village in Florida points which is RCI owned. I am thinking that it would be better with RCI when I want a lot of points for a vacation?
I will not trade Fairfield for points period, as I like going there and can go whenever I want each year. Since I like Florida and Calif. I wonder if RCI would be easier for me to get populaR PLACES OR NOT?
Vacation village is owned by RCI? Is that why most vacation village resorts have high point values? How do you like grand desert Wyndham? Is it better than the vacation village?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Vacation Villages isn’t owned by RCI.

“Vacation Village Resorts(R) is wholly owned by its more than 1,900 employees, 292 of which have been with the company for more than 10 years.” From https://vacationvillageresorts.com/about.html.

Last edited:

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury San Francisco
Is there a way to get to presidential reserve without buying PR. Like by the number of points?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Is there a way to get to presidential reserve without buying PR. Like by the number of points?

No there isn't. You must buy PR or designated points. If you are interested in owning PR points there is a listing in the Marketplace for 1M PR points at Bonnet Creek.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
duplicate

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
bump for updating part 8 of this guide (adding to new more web friendly template).

give it a quick read (ignore the formatting, im still working on that) and let me know if any of the data needs updating now 12 years later =)

- not sure if its still possible but the UY section may need a tweak-

If you are a subsequent owner you will have the same Use Year and the same points at the same resort as the original owner. As a purchaser of Wyndham points you could get a Use Year that runs from Jan 1 – Dec 31; Apr 1 – March 31; July 1 – June 30; or October 1 – September 30.

It took a lot of digging through threads before I purchased, at least for me to understand the re-alignment process for resale. Honestly not quite sure that I understand it but I know that it happens for re-sale. It may be something that you think about throwing in as a note that Wyndham wants everyone to have a January UY

@TUGBrian Thank you, I am really glad your updating the Wyndham articles I had used them when researching what to purchase resale and they were incredibly helpful.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Minor edits/corrections:

"The Standard Reservation period for an internal Wyndham reservation begins the first day of the month that is ten months prior to check-in"
The SRP begins exactly 10 months in advance by date. Example, if I want to check in on December 22, the SRP begins on February 22 at midnight.

"A member taking advantage of the prime time season is required to either check-in or check-out on the resort’s designated check-in day(s)."
This is no longer true except at a very small number of legacy resorts. Check-ins can be on any day of the week.

"Wyndham Reservation website and/or Member resource website can be found at the following web address: www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com."
Although that website redirects to the current website, the direct URL for the owner website is now clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com.

"On the first page, bottom left, of that website there are “Resort Specials”..."
This is now in the menu structure, "Deals and Offers" then "Owner Travel Deals." It's not specifically only 6 weeks out, and the percent off can be as high as 50% (but typically less), so I'd probably leave that part out and simply refer to them as "last-minute"

"You should conserve transactions by doing more than one on the same business day."
This is no longer true. Also, any reservations done online are now free of charge even if the allocation of RTs is depleted, but phone reservations done after that point are charged $39. (Prior to being made free during the last year or so, online reservation transactions were $19.)

Housekeeping Credits
So many changes. I'm using underlines for text I've added, along with strikethroughs, because there are changes throughout this section.

"As a member of Club WyndhamSM Plus and regardless of how you obtained your points you are provided with Housekeeping Credits (HC) at the start of every Use Year to use when making your reservations or when depositing points with RCI® or II. Wyndham gives you one credit for each one thousand 70,000 points allocated to you each Use Year. Housekeeping Credits or “Maid” Credits are deducted from your Wyndham account at the time you confirm a reservation or when you deposit points with your assigned exchange company. The credits required for a reservation or deposit is determined by the size of the unit and the length of stay. Each reservation, regardless of length, uses one housekeeping credit. Depending on the way you choose to vacation, you may find that you have enough credits for your entire Use Year.

However, IF you take several small vacations in a given Use Year; more “Maid Credits” are required, and IF you use all the credits available to you during your Use Year, you will be required to purchase additional credits if needed. If you deposit points for an exchange using your assigned exchange company, the appropriate number of credits is taken from your Housekeeping Credit allotment for 7-nights in the size unit represented by the points deposited.

Example: A deposit of 28,000 points with your exchange company or a reservation through Wyndham for a studio unit requires 28 credits. When booking a reservation during the Express Reservation window you have the option to borrow credits (HCs) from the next Use Year. HCs cannot be used to request additional daily cleanings during a stay.
If you need an additional HCs to make a reservation, you can purchase them it from Wyndham at a current cost of $2.25 $159 per credit.

Notice in the chart below that IF you stay in a 1-BR Unit at a resort for just two nights the deduction from your credits will be 63. But, if you stay in a 1-BR for 7-nights the deduction is also 63 credits. Note that regardless of whether you stay 2 nights or 14, in a studio or a 4 bedroom unit, each reservation requires one housekeeping credit. If you take a lot of short vacations you can use up your credits quickly."
[and then omit the chart]

Renting
"During the Standard Reservation window, an owner of Wyndham points that does not have enough points to complete an internal reservation can exercise their option to rent additional points for $1012 per thousand. However, that option to rent during that window allows for the rental of just enough points to complete a portion of the last night’s stay. If you are attempting to confirm an “Express Reservation” in the 90 day reservation window before check-in, you are allowed to rent as many additional points as you need for that vacation up to the total amount of points that you own. The Wyndham fee for renting during the Express window drops to $8 per thousand for on-line transactions. The regular cost to rent points is $10 per thousand."

I'm going to submit this and keep reading, just to keep this post from getting too long.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"All owners of Wyndham points receive one complimentary Guest Confirmation per calendar year."
It's two now.
Also, I don't know if the two name trick still works. Others can probably confirm or deny.
Further down in Guest Confirmations:
"VIP BENEFIT: If you purchase your points through the developer you can get additional complimentary Guest Confirmations when and if you obtain VIP status. A Bronze VIP member gets three, a Silver VIP Member can get five, and a Gold VIP Member can get ten Guest Confirmations per calendar year. If one chooses to become a Platinum or Founders VIP Member that member can get 15 complimentary Guest Confirmations per million eligible points purchased from the developer plus an additional five for any remaining VIP eligible points in excess of 500,000."

Later in Guest Confirmations:
"TIP: If you must book overlapping reservations, avoid cancellation and forfeiture of points by putting reservations in different owners' names or obtaining the required Guest Confirmation(s) well before the computer rejects the reservation. The overlap must be resolved within 48 hours of making the reservation. The Guest Confirmation must be in place at least 15 days before the check-in date." (I'm pretty sure that's the official timeframe but others who actually use a lot of GCs can confirm or deny.)

There's also a whole new situation with Owner Priority dates that limit the number of guest confirmations that can be used during those times. Pages of discussion have been expended on this, but I might just keep it brief in this article and refer folks to the website, something like:

"Wyndham has limited the use of Guest Confirmations at certain popular resorts and dates. Search the owner website for 'Owner Priority' to find a current list of resorts and dates. Each owner may use two guest confirmations during these dates for guests not traveling with them, and are also not limited by these dates when guests are staying at the same resort (even in a separate unit) concurrently with the owner."

Borrowing
"The Wyndham point system allows you to borrow points from your next Use Year if you are booking an internal reservation during the Express Reservation period and either have no current year points remaining or do not have enough current year points to get the vacation you desire. If you cancel a reservation that involves borrowed points, the points will not be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from. They will be returned to the same Use Year as the reservation and will be identifiable as “cancelled reservation points” within your account. Example: If you make a reservation for a vacation in 2010 using borrowed points from your 2011 Use Year and later cancel the reservation, the points you borrowed from the 2011 Use Year will return to your 2010 account as “cancelled reservation points” and will remain in your 2010 Use Year account for your use through the remainder of the 2010 Use Year. TIP: If at the end of your Use Year, you find that you have a few thousand points left; but not enough to make a deposit with your exchange company there is a solution. You can borrow enough points to make an internal reservation for the current Use Year; cancel the internal reservation so that the borrowed points are returned to the current Use Year as cancelled points; and then take the cancelled points and the points that were left over at the end of your use year to make a deposit with your exchange company. A Wyndham VC can help you or you can do the transactions on-line. To avoid excessive Reservation Transactions get it done the same day. Example: Your Use Year runs from Jan 1 to Dec 31. In December you find that you have used all but 10,000 of your allotted points for the current Use Year; but you do not want the points to expire. You can go to the Wyndham reservation website and if there is a Studio unit available for a three night stay, say at Wyndham Mountain Vista, for Christmas week for 18,000 points you can borrow the 18,000 points from the next Use Year allotment to go with the 10,000 points that you do not want to lose in the current Use Year. Borrow the points, make an internal reservation, cancel the reservation, and deposit 28,000 points with your assigned exchange company."

Biennial
I would remove this tip: "TIP: When buying re-sale you can find sellers trying to sell or auction an EOY odd year and an EOY even year as a single transaction. By taking advantage of such a deal you can effectively acquire the same points every year and reduce your acquisition cost. If you are charged a closing fee, it should be just one fee although there should be two transfer fees payable to Wyndham." It just seems like a very uncommon circumstance in the current market, and there's no guarantee they would only charge one closing fee.

Cancelling
"TIP: When and if you acquire Wyndham points make your reservations as far in advance as possible while the inventory is available in quantity. If, after a booking, your plans change you can cancel your vacation. To cancel you can do so at the Wyndham reservation web site www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com or contact a Vacation Counselor (VC) at 1-800-251-8736. Note: As an owner of points, if you cancel a reservation 15 days or more prior to the check-in date, the points used for the reservation will be returned to your account in the use year from which they came, and are available immediately to be used again. (You may need to log out and back in again to see them.) as “cancelled reservation points.” Cancelled reservation points will expire at the end of your Use Year; but they can be used prior to the last day of your Use Year for all current programs except: Conversion to Maintenance Dollars ARP Reservations Points Credit Pool Rotating Priority List TIP: The loss of the above programs is not of major concern because use of those programs has to have occurred before your Use Year began or early in the Use Year. What is important to know is the fact that if you have to cancel your reservation within the 14 days prior to the check-in date and have not added Points Protection, the points you used to make the reservation are forfeited. Don’t let that happen! Points Protection may be added for $149 up to 15 days prior to check-in; there is no need to add it at the time of booking. TIP: If you as an owner make a reservation within the cancellation period (less than 14 days before check-in), Wyndham will allow you until the end of the same business day to cancel the reservation without forfeiting your points. If the reservation is cancelled during that business day, the points are returned to your account as cancelled reservation points."

"Club Wyndham Points Credit Pool Deposit Feature
Sometimes life and work get in the way; but planning can go on. If, when considering your nextcurrent Use Year plans you anticipate that you may not fully utilize the points allocated for that year, consider putting some or all of the up-coming Use Year points into a future Use year using the Club WyndhamSM Plus Points Credit Pool Deposit Feature. The fee is $39.00 and the benefit is the availability of those points for up to three years after the date of deposit into the Points Credit Poolability to use your points in either of the immediate next two Use Years, or divide them between both years. Non-VIP owners have a deadline of three months into the Use Year to use this feature; VIPs receive more time. Housekeeping Credits are not deposited forward and remain in the current use year. Making such a proactive move before your Use Year starts provides a way to manage and conserve your points and your Housekeeping Credits for future vacations. TIP: Mark your calendar with your Points Deposit deadline, especially if it's early in the year, so you don't forget! Since the Points Credit Pool is not something that every Wyndham owner would appreciate and benefit from, I have decided to provide more detailed Tips and insight in Article IX. If you have no interest at this time in the Points Credit Pool you very well may have interest at a later date. At that time re-consider Article IX because you may find some TIPs that may prove helpful."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
- not sure if its still possible but the UY section may need a tweak-

If you are a subsequent owner you will have the same Use Year and the same points at the same resort as the original owner. As a purchaser of Wyndham points you could get a Use Year that runs from Jan 1 – Dec 31; Apr 1 – March 31; July 1 – June 30; or October 1 – September 30.

It took a lot of digging through threads before I purchased, at least for me to understand the re-alignment process for resale. Honestly not quite sure that I understand it but I know that it happens for re-sale. It may be something that you think about throwing in as a note that Wyndham wants everyone to have a January UY

@TUGBrian Thank you, I am really glad your updating the Wyndham articles I had used them when researching what to purchase resale and they were incredibly helpful.
i am not sure how to reword that myself to make it more accurate?

i can edit the articles at any time! none of them are fixed in stone!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Minor edits/corrections:

"The Standard Reservation period for an internal Wyndham reservation begins the first day of the month that is ten months prior to check-in"
The SRP begins exactly 10 months in advance by date. Example, if I want to check in on December 22, the SRP begins on February 22 at midnight.

"A member taking advantage of the prime time season is required to either check-in or check-out on the resort’s designated check-in day(s)."
This is no longer true except at a very small number of legacy resorts. Check-ins can be on any day of the week.

"Wyndham Reservation website and/or Member resource website can be found at the following web address: www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com."
Although that website redirects to the current website, the direct URL for the owner website is now clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com.

"On the first page, bottom left, of that website there are “Resort Specials”..."
This is now in the menu structure, "Deals and Offers" then "Owner Travel Deals." It's not specifically only 6 weeks out, and the percent off can be as high as 50% (but typically less), so I'd probably leave that part out and simply refer to them as "last-minute"

"You should conserve transactions by doing more than one on the same business day."
This is no longer true. Also, any reservations done online are now free of charge even if the allocation of RTs is depleted, but phone reservations done after that point are charged $39. (Prior to being made free during the last year or so, online reservation transactions were $19.)

Housekeeping Credits
So many changes. I'm using underlines for text I've added, along with strikethroughs, because there are changes throughout this section.

"As a member of Club WyndhamSM Plus and regardless of how you obtained your points you are provided with Housekeeping Credits (HC) at the start of every Use Year to use when making your reservations or when depositing points with RCI® or II. Wyndham gives you one credit for each one thousand 70,000 points allocated to you each Use Year. Housekeeping Credits or “Maid” Credits are deducted from your Wyndham account at the time you confirm a reservation or when you deposit points with your assigned exchange company. The credits required for a reservation or deposit is determined by the size of the unit and the length of stay. Each reservation, regardless of length, uses one housekeeping credit. Depending on the way you choose to vacation, you may find that you have enough credits for your entire Use Year.

However, IF you take several small vacations in a given Use Year; more “Maid Credits” are required, and IF you use all the credits available to you during your Use Year, you will be required to purchase additional credits if needed. If you deposit points for an exchange using your assigned exchange company, the appropriate number of credits is taken from your Housekeeping Credit allotment for 7-nights in the size unit represented by the points deposited.

Example: A deposit of 28,000 points with your exchange company or a reservation through Wyndham for a studio unit requires 28 credits. When booking a reservation during the Express Reservation window you have the option to borrow credits (HCs) from the next Use Year. HCs cannot be used to request additional daily cleanings during a stay.
If you need an additional HCs to make a reservation, you can purchase them it from Wyndham at a current cost of $2.25 $159 per credit.

Notice in the chart below that IF you stay in a 1-BR Unit at a resort for just two nights the deduction from your credits will be 63. But, if you stay in a 1-BR for 7-nights the deduction is also 63 credits. Note that regardless of whether you stay 2 nights or 14, in a studio or a 4 bedroom unit, each reservation requires one housekeeping credit. If you take a lot of short vacations you can use up your credits quickly."
[and then omit the chart]

Renting
"During the Standard Reservation window, an owner of Wyndham points that does not have enough points to complete an internal reservation can exercise their option to rent additional points for $1012 per thousand. However, that option to rent during that window allows for the rental of just enough points to complete a portion of the last night’s stay. If you are attempting to confirm an “Express Reservation” in the 90 day reservation window before check-in, you are allowed to rent as many additional points as you need for that vacation up to the total amount of points that you own. The Wyndham fee for renting during the Express window drops to $8 per thousand for on-line transactions. The regular cost to rent points is $10 per thousand."

I'm going to submit this and keep reading, just to keep this post from getting too long.
outstanding, ive implemented these changes sofar! quite an update for sure!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am not sure how to reword that myself to make it more accurate?

i can edit the articles at any time! none of them are fixed in stone!
I would put something like what some of the more reputable eBay put it...I am not a math person and I cannot figure out what their formula is but I did get burned by this and subsequently found a few threads debating Wyndham ethics, IMO they suck, but a few tuggers were able to recover the points - me no luck.

* Warning there is a chance that Wyndham will realign resale contracts with a different UY date to default to January.
If that happens the points available will reflect the difference, although the new owner will still be responsible for full maintenance fees. They may receive substantially less than expected. The full contracted amount will not be available until the following January UY.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Purely out of curiosity, does anyone have a more up-to-date PDF of the CWA Public Offering statement than the 2018 version linked in the first post of this sticky?