• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Marriott Points to reserve rooms at Harborside at Atlantis

harbor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
I was able to reserve rooms at Harborside using Marriott points in October. Harborside was also listed as a Marriott Hotel and a Marriott Club hotel on the Marriott web site in October. Last month I tried to reserve 2 days at Harborside for April using Marriott points but found out that Harborside is no longer listed as a Marriott hotel or club. Anyone else have same experience?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to reserve rooms at Harborside using Marriott points in October. Harborside was also listed as a Marriott Hotel and a Marriott Club hotel on the Marriott web site in October. Last month I tried to reserve 2 days at Harborside for April using Marriott points but found out that Harborside is no longer listed as a Marriott hotel or club. Anyone else have same experience?
I don't know about the past, but apparently at the present it is not considered to be a Marriott property. Aside from the timeshare world, where it is part of the Vistana network (but currently not Marriott Vacation Club's Abound program until negotiations are successful), it is simply part of the Atlantis resort. For direct, non-timeshare reservations go to https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/rooms/harborsideresort

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Atlantis hotel side of things has an affiliation with Caesar's Rewards, though it doesn't look like you can book with those points. If you have status with them, though, you can get a free stay. I'm Diamond with Caesar's through my Wyndham ownership, so I can get 2-5 nights at The Coral per year free, depending on season. Haven't tried it yet, though.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As you found out, Harborside Resort is not a Marriott affiliated property. This is unlike Atlantis which certain sections are Autograph Collection. I also don't think all towers at Atlantis can be booked with points or cash on Marriott.com. You also can't earn elite night credit or points for incidental spending while staying at Atlantis. Oddly this is different than the only other non branded Vistana property which is Vistana Beach Club. You do enjoy Bonvoy Elite nights and spend credit when staying there. Vistana Beach Club is fully bookable on Marriott.com.

ccomp23

Reaction score
Can someone help elaborate on this a bit more? On the Marriott Vacation Club app Harborside is listed as a resort we can book with points. However, when I go to look at availability it takes me to the MVC website homepage and I cannot find this resort anywhere. Is it a situation where it used to be part of MVC and Abound, but now it’s not?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can someone help elaborate on this a bit more? On the Marriott Vacation Club app Harborside is listed as a resort we can book with points. However, when I go to look at availability it takes me to the MVC website homepage and I cannot find this resort anywhere. Is it a situation where it used to be part of MVC and Abound, but now it’s not?
The resort hasn't officially been added to Abound to book with Club Points yet.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's actually not in Abound yet. They're working on an agreement with the co-owners of Harborside to get it included. Same situation with Westin Riverfront in Colorado. They expect it to happen sometime this year, but no set timeline.

sharr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
They were willing to divulge "2nd quarter" to me earlier this month as to when the integration would happen. I do believe that's clearly what they've been told from above but obviously plans/timelines have slipped in the past. Still, better to know that's their target than "hopefully this year."

They either didn't have or wouldn't tell me the club points values of what i own there. Perhaps because they didn't know or perhaps because based on projections on here and reservations points charts, I'll likely just pass the Presidential level, and they were hoping to obscure that fact and convince me i needed to buy something to meet that (more likely).